Patsy's Last Interview

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 23, 2006.

1. wombat

wombat Member

Take your time, KK. We can wait. Some things are worth waiting for. I warn you, the video is going to enrage you. Take my morphine drip (I'm using Zotto's cabana boy this evening).

I remember seeing Jean Brodie when I was too young to understand it. Not a good movie for a girl to see before she grows up a little.

Yes, I think Patsy's radical hysterectomy began the downward spiral that led to the events of December 26, 1996.

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Koldkase, if you want to see further parallels, look at the other entertainment that had so much influence on Patsy's life and which she invoked right past JonBenet's death, and even during JonBenet's funeral:

GYPSY.

The story of a washed-up mother who lived through her daughters just as Miss Brodie lived through her students. Complete with pageantry, a dark-haired mother and a blonde daughter who was going to be a star, and even the same patriotic dance routine.

[​IMG]

Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're going to get through it together? I just bet they did.

3. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Well Pet, I'll tell them to keep my hospital bed just for you...SEEING AS HOW I HAD TO GET MY PACEMAKER CHECKED following your wanton and indiscriminate use of the panty word. I'm a broken agent sob...

4. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Now look here Wombat...my cabana boy is knackered....he'll be of no use to you this evening. I think he said something about Trish using his strong muscly arms to cart bodies around in Hawaii......

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

KK - my vote for your choice would be which ever one would set Candy off more. There is like nothing on TV tonight so I need to get my laughs elsewhere.

RR

6. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

KoldKase

KoldKase, your review of The Prime Of Miss Brodie was superb, including key points in the analogy with Patsy’s life and times.

The only person I can think of who could possibly have played that role as well as Maggie Smith would have been Patsy Ramsey. Like Maggie, Patsy was all puff and frill, and there was an underlining sexual connotation to just about every scene in the movie.

The fact that Patsy seemed so intrigued with the character of Miss Brodie is very telling. The most astute observation you made, KK, was the “love by proxy†between Miss Brodie’s student and the man Miss Brodie loved. Yes, indeed, methinks there was some of that “love by proxy†going on in the Ramsey household.

Anyway, KK, your review was a good read. You most certainly have a way with words. Now, don’t rush into the Patsy “swan song†interview. As Wombat suggested, take your time. It’s a long tape. Wait until you have a slot of uninterrupted free time to devote to this task. We can wait, but NOT TOO LONG.

I am anxious to review your review. LOL!

:leaf:

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hm. I have seen Gypsy, but it's been awhile and I didn't make the connection to Patsy and JonBenet before. Thanks, WN. I'll put that on my ever-growing list...and what made me think that once Patsy died, I'd finally have a life of my own again, I wonder...?

So...Tom Miller's trial, Patsy's Hawaiian Swan Song, Smit's Depo, and...THEN can I have my life back????

That poor cabana boy needs some help! I didn't know Tricia had dragged him to Hawaii, I thought Fleet could handle packing his own hobo bodies. This really IS unfair. The cabana boy has OTHER talents, after all!

OH! Wait! Last I saw YUMYUM, he was going walkabout down memory lane, salivating over AUSTRALIA! HA! BUSTED!

ZOTTO! UNTIE YUMYUM AND ACT LIKE MY AGENT! PANTIES MY A$$! I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ME! I'VE HAD A TASTE OF YUMYUM'S SWEET TALK! HE'S A CABANA BOY FROM WAY BACK! NOW PUT YOUR CROCODILE HIDES AWAY, HANG UP YOUR PISTOLS, AND GET BACK TO WORK! I NEED SOME PAMPERING!

But do hang onto that hospital bed for me.... I'll bring my own morphine drip, compliments of wombat....

8. koldkase

Ok, well, you know me, I can't just let a thing be, I have to flog it to death.

That's why I thought I'd wait on discussing Miss Brodie, but here I am, and now I want to at least bring up one or two monologues that I wondered about, because I was trying to figure out which one Patsy used. That info is around somewhere, I'm sure, but I don't have it.

The thing about Dramatic Interpretation competitions for schools is there is a strict time limit. You can't go one second over. I'm thinking when I coached, it was 2 minutes. That would have been maybe a decade after Patsy was doing her star turn, I think, and in another state, so I don't know for sure. Was it in Linda McLean's book? I've never seen that book.

Anyhow, here's a link to a transcript of the movie which someone painstakingly put together:

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/p/prime-of-miss-jean-brodie-script.html

Sometimes the material from a play is altered for a movie. Because of the nudity in the movie, I have no idea where one would even see this movie in the states back then, 1969. The play was written in 1961. I don't know if Patsy saw the movie or read or saw the play. That might have been in McLean's book, as well. Damn. Somebody who has this book must now look this up for us. As Patsy's coach in this, the information might be in there.

Anyone? Help?

9. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Well, confidentially, Yum Yum DID put in his resume and I considered him for the job of "loan-out" cabana boy...(with his ALMOST Royal connections you know..NEARLY going to the same school as Charles, I thought it might be a goer,), but he started getting pushy, wanting his very own monogrammed shopping cart, demanding the Chick-Fil-A leftovers instead of KFC...those kind of completely unreasonable demands. I told him.. "there's only ONE diva around here...no-one but KK gets that kind of pampering here in the Guttah", but he sulked around and stormed off....

10. koldkase

OK, I need to find another script, as this one has no character names even to indicate who says what, nor other descriptions, so if you've never seen the movie, you'll be lost.

But just quickly looking for a couple of examples of the "love by proxy" theme, when Miss Brodie clearly and often tries to steer her 12 YEAR OLD STUDENT into her artist love's bed...one day...here is what Miss Brodie says at one picnic with her 12 year old girls:

Miss Jean Brodie = purple

And later, when these particular "girls" of Miss Bodies' have passed to their last year of school and are 17 years old, Miss Brodie runs into Sandy in town, who tells Miss Brodie that Jenny is now "sitting" for the artist to paint her portrait. Miss Brodie thinks, erroneously, that Jenny is now his lover, and later says this to Sandy AT TEA:

And Miss Brodie continues...and I have to tell you, this makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Sandy = navy

The truth is that Sandy is the one having the affair with the artist.

And another thing is that Sandy observes that all the portraits the artist paints look like Miss Brody. She tells Miss Brodie, who is quite satisfied that her lover is able to substitute Jenny (she thinks) for herself in art as well as in bed.

It really does give me the creeps...but it gives one pause. JonBenet was such a clone of Patsy...she looked like a carbon copy, IMO. I've always thought she was the spitting image of Patsy.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  11. koldkase

Here was the scene I thought was rather to the point at hand: Miss Brodie gets into an argument with Teddy Lloyd, the artist she loves, where she reveals she believes, wrongly, he's having an affair with Jenny, which she had been encouraging both of them to do for years at this point--Jenny as her proxy. Since Jenny is one of Miss Brodie's "girls" she is able to vicariously enjoy such a liason:

Purple = Miss Brodie Black = Teddy Lloyd, the artist

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  12. koldkase

OK, this is the climax of the story, where lots has happened and is wrapped up in this scene: Miss Brodie has just been fired by the schoolboard for her part in steering her former student Mary McGregor to run away to join the service of Spain, where she thinks Mary's brother has gone to fight for Franco. Mary McGregor was then killed on the trip in a train that was bombed, I believe. Miss Brodie, stunned at her dismissal, has made her way back to her classroom, where she finds Sandy, who was one of the group of four "special girls" Miss Brodie catered to when they were under her instruction years earlier at age 12, which included Mary McGregor. All now about to graduate from school, Sandy has become Teddy Lloyd's/the artist's actual lover instead of Jenny. Sandy feels scorned because she has realized Teddy Lloyd has always loved Miss Brodie and only has used Sandy as a proxy for that unconsummated passion. Sandy confronts Miss Brodie in this scene as the unknown "betrayer" who went to the Headmistress and turned in Miss Brodie.

This scene is quite ripe for speculation, because it involves betrayal felt by both parties. Miss Brodie feels assassinated by Sandy. Sandy feels Miss Brodie killed Mary McGregor and is dangerous in imposing her romantic fantasies on impressionable young girls. Hmmmm.... Goosebumps again!

Miss Brodie = MB Sandy = S

13. koldkase

Oh, yes...he is a sulker....

Well, he should have known that those European Bluebloods are no match for a genuine WHITE TRASH PRINCESS!! Guess he learned the hard way...so to speak.... :bigstick:

Oh, well, there's a good agent! I feel better already!

And I'll lay off the "P" word if it will make all you queasy guttah ladies feel better. Sheesh! It's not like I said DIRTY PILLOWS or MOUND OF VENUS or anything.... Some people are just so pickypickypicky....

And after watching that FILTHY movie, you'd think I could get some respect around here.... Naked Scottish wenches and--even worse--those nasal accents! They were practically in Grand Opera half the time! And they make fun of US!

14. Elle

Elle Member

Patsy wanted to use the speech from "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" for the talent competition, but couldn't because of the copyright, and she had to write another one with the help of a friend overnight. Her speech was about "copyright." She won!

15. koldkase

OK, I went back and color coded all the excerpts from the script as they probably didn't make much sense because you couldn't tell who was saying what.

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Now, come on, Punisher, you are revealing your age if you remember:

'PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION.'

We used to sing it, as kids, during WWII, along with other such great patriotic songs, as: 'Coming in on a wing and a prayer,' and 'Over There.'"

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition was something I grew up with. My dad and his brothers were soldiers in Vietnam and they used to say it all the time.

"Where are the patriotic songs of today? Such songs boost morale and add a spark of loving camarade between the troops and the folks back home."

You've got me. What would they sound like today? "Goodbye, Walla Walla, I'm Off to Smash Allah?"

"I wonder what songs Patsy is singing these days?"

"I fell into a burning ring of fire
    I went down, down, down, and the flames went higher
    and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire"

ROFL!

"OK, the question remains: Should I watch the Patsy video or finish the Miller trial? I've been stretching that out for two weeks. Gutter candy is about to have a seizure declaring THE GUTTAH'S CONSPIRACY to MURDER THE TRUTH about STEVE AND FLEET!"

Video first. That way, when you get back to the Miller trial, you'll see even more just what GOOD CHRISTIANS they were!

"Yes, I think Patsy's radical hysterectomy began the downward spiral that led to the events of December 26, 1996."

That kind of pain must have been unimaginable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice