Picture Perfect?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Hahahahaha! Move over Queen Elizabeth! Thank you KK! I'm a bit like you. I can't let something go when I feel very strongly about it. It troubled me because I had seen it before under another name, and I had lost the web site url. Thanks to Jayelles, she found another one, and it had Betty Morris Hamilton's original beach painting. All is well with the world! :) I don't know how you find time to do all this, KK. Thank you!

I think Patsy's art was in the Summer Solstice Art Show in Charlevoix

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

No, thank you, Elle, for having the same stubborn streak I do!

And thank you, Jayelles, for being so good at research. There it is, the same festival where they showed Patsy's paintings.

RR. you are clearly a master artist. I bid $1 million.

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I think Elle should be guttah queen for a whole week! :queen: :bowdown:

However, when Candy realizes that Elle knew about the painting FIRST, FIRST, FIRST, FIRST there will be hell to pay! :tsktsk: :rage:

4. Elle

Elle Member

Oh Barbara, I'm going into hiding now. I have never had any contact with Candy, and I honestly feel it would be better if I don't. I'm shivering here like a wee frightened mouse, and I'm going to hide in the first wee hole I find. :)

Hey! On the other hand do you think I may be able to sell my paintings? :) Just kidding!

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

We have the opening bid at One Million Dollahs.....do I hear two?!

I also have every intention of donating ALL proceeds from my sale to the Lou Smit DNA (Do Not Admit) Fund so that we can keep the Lights on at The Swamp because I just know that one day jameson is going to blow it bigger than mame could ever dream of.

RR

6. RiverRat

I never knew I had such talent!

Attached Files:

• rr2.jpg
      rr2.jpg
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  7. koldkase

I bid TWO MILLION DOLLARS!! :sponge:

8. koldkase

Good instincts, Elle. And save room in that hidey hole for the rest of us. You never know who's going to blow at the swamp.

OK, I'll bid a million for your best copy as well, Elle. I hafta' bust my piggy bank open for RR's masterpiece, anyhow.

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I hate to mention this, KK, but you do realize you just bid against yourself! Could you just step to the back of the line for a minute and let the rest of us get a bid in BEFORE you bid again!!?!

I bid 2 million and a sixpack of Fat Tire Beer. Beat THAT, you guttahsnipe!

I have to tell ya, RR, I really do like your painting more than Patsy's. The cool shades of blue help soften the impact of the geometric cubism so rampant in Patsy's garish effort.

As an aside, I have dabbled in the psychology of art and art therapy, and not only is Patsy's painting UGLY, it says A LOT about her ... primarily, the painting shows Patsy was psychologically disturbed at that point. Even the chosen color patterns are evidence of this.

I would have this same opinion of the artist even if I hadn't known who did the painting, so it has nothing to do with any pre-concieved notions about Patsy. Frankly, the first time I saw the painting, I was shocked that Patsy was proud of it. It has nothing to do with whether one likes modern art or not, but the psychological interpretation of the art.

Pablo Picasso was a genius of modern art, but his paintings also say he was one sick puppy.

10. RiverRat

I hear TWO! We need to sweeten this pot......we need way more money for this Publicity Stunt of the Day......So now the winning bidder will also get to select which Suspects - up to 118,000 - DNA will be tested. :highfive:

And NO.....even though she has that many hats, jameson can only be counted once. Fair is Fair.

RR

11. RiverRat

"I have to tell ya, RR, I really do like your painting more than Patsy's. The cool shades of blue help soften the impact of the geometric cubism so rampant in Patsy's garish effort."

What?! Patsy copied off of me too?! Is there no end to this madness?!

RR

12. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Mommy Dearest

Here's some original ...YumYum artwork that I call, "Mommy Dearest". Bidding begins at $5000. All proceeds go to charity ... the Grand Juror Freedom Fund.

[​IMG]

...YumYum

13. wombat

wombat Member

Patsy chose to copy a painting with a little girl with an arm tightly about her neck, with the girl facing away from the camera like Patsy's "favorite" photo of JonBenet (with the sunflower in her hair tie). She could have copied lots of paintings of little girls smiling and picking flowers or something, but she picks one with a girl looking away from her with an arm around her neck. I'm no art critic, but isn't her version coarser and less defined - and the arm is a little smothering?

Also, that cubist nonsensical thing she painted, isn't that a little nasty? In addition to not being an art critic, I'm no shrink, but doesn't that show disassociation? Like you said, Cherokee, it looks psycho.

OKAY, I started to write this and then YumYum posted the above masterpiece. I bid $118,000.

14. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Oh you do, do you?

And WHERE pray tell in your flippin' 4000 page contract does it say that artwork is part of the package huh huh????? Now look, I hesitated when you insisted on the corner office of the dumpster with sweeping views over the alley, watching the peaceful comings and goings of the sanitation workers, I balked a little at your insistence that you needed a gas ring to heat your soup (just a tad fond of luxuries I'm thinking)....but I ABSOLUTELY draw the line at purchasing RR's artwork.

She's not a proven talent yet and we can't be wasting lazily earned dollars. We might put it up for auction at the upcoming Ms Guttah 2006 Pageant, and if it gets a few bids I may reconsider.

15. Cherokee

LOL ... yes, Wombat, it IS psycho. It is the kind of painting you'll see coming from someone who is dealing with all kinds of internal demons. In fact, it reminds me of some of the art I've studied that was produced by prison inmates ... specifically those diagnosed with one or more personality disorders including rampant narcissism.

The way the garish red, orange and brown colors are mixed together suggest unresolved anger and also some type of sexual dysfunction or hang-up which could include sexual molestation.

Here is a true story to show what I mean.

I once knew a young man in his 30s (I'll call him Jim) who presented himself as a gentleman in all ways. He was intelligent, soft-spoken and had the nicest manners. He claimed he had moved to town to take care of his elderly parents.

Later, I found out from another acquaintance who lived on his same street, that Jim was working on an old Victorian house he'd bought and had painted most of the outside a garish ORANGE. This sent up a red flag to me. More red flags were to come. I saw him in the company of a teenage boy that Jim claimed he was taking care of as a foster child. I began to suspect that Jim was not only gay, but might be a sexual predator.

Sure enough, it came out that Jim had gotten a job at a military academy. Apparently, he was only there a few months before allegations surfaced that he was preying upon and engaging in sexual acts with young men at the academy. After that, I found out the reason he had moved to town was because he had been "burned out" of his previous home by some of the townspeople who found out what he was trying to do in their community.

My point it is ... if you'd only known the outward person Jim presented, you would never have believed he lived a double life or was a sexual predator. However, the painting of his house had been a clue to his true nature.

DISCLAIMER: Please do not take this discussion of color the wrong way. It is not to say everyone who loves the color orange is a raging nympho or has some other kind of dysfunction. There is always a context, and there are always other factors.

16. RiverRat

Too late, Zotto - I cashed the check already. I am however going to give the money to something different than I originally promised......I hand my paintbrush and money over to Dimmie and his cause.

Not the beer though -
    RR

17. RiverRat

Coincidence?

Attached Files:

18. Cherokee

Oh, just who do you think YOU are, missy? KK hasn't even WON the darn painting yet! I'm still in the bidding, and so far, KK hasn't topped my last offer. So sit down and go count your chooks or something. I'm going to be the lucky winner of RR's masterpiece even if I have to offer up my last bottle of Boone's Farm! :p

19. Cherokee

That was MY check and MY beer, right RR?

20. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Well...it's no skin off my nose

Yeah RR...Dimmy shows promise, I'll give you that. Very unselfish of you, but just a small portion for yourself surely? I'm thinking you'll need a little frock money for your gown this year....if we are adding a "mature" entrant section for Elle, the competition will be pretty fierce.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice