Picture Perfect?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Jul 18, 2006.

1. wombat

wombat Member

I am a big fan of the Sopranos TV show (I live in the neighborhood), and I know lots of people find the show disgusting - but, in the show, whenever you see the color orange, you know somebody is going to get whacked, or seriously in trouble. I am told that this comes directly from the Godfather movies, where the same symbolism is used. I guess that comes from somewhere else as well.

I must say I am truly enjoying everyone's artistic efforts. This is one impressive "gallery" thread.

2. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Wombat ... Thanks for the bid. I'd like $100,000 in $100 bills, and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache ...

FREE THE GRAND JURORS!!!

...YumYum :D

3. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Now look here Chero....it's too late apparently...KK has blown her budget, RR has cashed the cheque. It's time to move on. I know you are devastated but Dimmy's style is not unlike RR's...you are not left bidless and bereft.....

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It's Up to You, Yum-Yum!

And yes Cherokee - you are the Winner. Please help me drink the beer while we shop for my new gown......funny thing is, I thought I already won the Most Mature Poster Ever Award.

No?
    RR :floor:

5. Elle

Elle Member

I saw a few paintings of Patsy's which looked like they were painted when she was very depressed, Cherokee.

6. Elle

Elle Member

I have to agree with Jayelles here, Wombat These children could be two little boys from the back, as well as girls (?). :)

7. Pope

Pope New Member

Pals

Wombat is right, to me it also looks like the little girl is about to be burked(strangled).

Patsy went to great lengths in DOI to tell us what good pals Burke and JonBenet were, maybe it was wishful thinking on her part.

8. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Thanks for clearing that up, Im glad to know that painting wasn't by her as I would have to give her more credit than I wanted to.

9. Elle

Elle Member

That floral one was taken from this site, and KK posted recently this painting was just used as a prop, but one can see how you can be misled into thinking this one was Patsy Ramsey's.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/nebula/9337/canvas.html

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Elle and Paradox, if you go to the bottom of that page of Ruthie's, the one you put the url to in your post, Elle, it says this about that still life flower painting at the top:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/nebula/9337/canvas.html

11. koldkase

Not to worry, Zotto. Cherokee can have the bid. I just became conscious again and counted my piggy bank riches and I have 5 beer bottle caps, a used toothpick, some toe nail clippings, a dried slice of orange peel, and some change from Australia which I can't figure out what that's worth, but something like 6 pence and a plug nicke, I think.

Uh...RR...old buddy...old friend...about that six pack...need some help carrying it?

12. koldkase

Jams seems to think Patsy didn't consciously copy the painting. She says Patsy probably had seen it and just copied it in her artistic flurry of activity without realizing it, from memory.

Right. I don't think so.

If you put those two pictures side by side, you can see that Patsy not only tried to copy the original very closely, she even tried to match the figures down to the folds in the cloth, the bunching of a sleeve, the streaks in the hair. Patsy would have to have done that looking directly at a picture of the original, IMO, as she copied the proportions closely, even the ripples and streaks of the water.

Of course, the denial that Patsy consciously copied the original is so RST, isn't it? The proof is right there in front of them, but will they see it and admit Patsy copied the painting closely? Some won't, and the rest think it's great that Patsy copied someone else's work and then sells copies of her copy for money...hey, it's for a charity! You know! Like the JB Foundation was a charity! :rs:

[The penguins are for you, Yum Yum.]

13. koldkase

If I painted like that after 20 years, I'd be depressed, too.

14. tylin

tylin Banned

omg bahaaaaaaaaaaa

:toast: :bow: :laffbig: That made me spit tea all over the place.

15. koldkase

Well, now that I'm losing my buzz, I honestly don't want to bid my toenail clipping collection, since it invokes cherished memories with the dayglow green polish I wore for Halloween.... sigh Good times....

But anyhow, I did want to tell you that I love your painting, YumYum. It's truly inspired, reminds me of the Post Post Post Modern Depressionist style with a Warholian Kindergartenist influence thrown in.... It just makes me feel like putting on a wig and tearing up some wire hangers! What talent! :yay:

16. koldkase

Oh...now...I'm feeling...orange all over! :burnedup: I think I'll go lock hubby in the bedroom...and stay on this side of the door....

Y'all are good! Who knew we had such artistic genius among us?!

Ok, I can't resist. I bid my Dayglow Green Toenail Clippings Collection for RR's "Coincidence" and my Australian change and Petrified Orange Slice for YumYum's "Patsy on the Beach."

And that's MISS GUTTERSNIPE to you, Chero!

17. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I think that's a horrible thing to do to one of Betty Morris Hamilton's prints BTW. I rather like the original version of "Pals". It has depth, lighting and atmosphere (and some wee boats).

I believe this print is available on postcards. Perhaps Patsy saw the postcard and decided to make a painting out of it? There is an episode of "Poirot" where a murder victim is a painter who copies postcards (this was one of the clues).

JMO

18. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Tipper claimed she wasn't biased towards the Ramseys but latterly I had suspected she might be a closet RST. Now she's not only out of the closet, but it seems she's fast becoming an RST leader. Such a pity.

The RST reaction to the reveleation that one of Patsy's paintings is a copy is more than interesting. Also, jameson's editing of the thread is also revealing (I have the unedited thread saved).

Some day, this will all make a fascinating study for some psychologist. In the UK, PHd students have to come up with an original topic to research and if any Psychology PHd students want to study the RST - I will willingly provide him/her with my archives. I may even sponsor the research.

ETA - What can be said about the character of a person who posts at Tricia's expense on Websleuths when jameson's forum is protected and costing $50 - yet when jameson decides to make her forum public, they are over there slagging off Websleuths and Tricia? Maybe the strain of having to be polite at Websleuths is too much for them? Maybe the just prefer the fact that jameson has a one-way flaming policy - i.e. flaming is permitted as long as it is directed towards non-RST. Retaliatory posts will be deleted.

What do jameson's few posters who actually pay the $50 think about these characters? Some of them are even attacking the registered members. Imagine paying for a protected forum and then having the owner allow louts who are going to attack you in for free?

Imagine following the Ramsey case for nearly ten years and ending up at a forum where there are about 6 members - 5 of whom are almost certainly certifiable?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  19. wombat

wombat Member

I'll believe she didn't consciously copy the painting if they believe she didn't consciously copy Dirty Harry and Ransom in another flurry of artistic activity.

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

And is that written somewhere other than the Gospel according to Bennett?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice