Picture Perfect?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yip-pee!!! :jumpie: I won! I won! I can't believe I actually won such a masterpiece ... an original RiverRat copied original! Oh, and it's such a fine example of Rat's "Blue Period." I'm all verklempt!

And yes, my dear Rat, I will be glad to help you shop for your new gown. I hear the thrift shop next door just got in an amazing donation of Miss West Virginia gowns and a box full of tiaras. I'm sure we can find you something.

2. Cherokee

Sour grapes!!! :p

But not to worry, I'll be glad to share my masterpiece with one and all. I am proudly hanging it here in the middle of the Guttah so that everyone can have the pleasure of Rat's creative genius.

It's the perfect backdrop to our perfect Guttah born from the perfect case screw-up of a perfect murder in a perfect town.

3. Cherokee

Good one, Wombat! Too true.

4. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hahahahah!

This thread is a riot. I never knew we had so many accomplished artists here.

:balloon:

5. Cherokee

:floor: Ah, KK, you crack me up. Come here, sweet thang, and let's share this last bottle of Guttah gut rot together. I'll even let you hang Rat's masterpiece on your shopping cart. I mean, we can't let a couple of mill and a six pack come between us, now can we? After all, what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine, so it all comes out in the wash, right? ;)

6. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you, Jay. It wasn't Patsy's idea, it was Betty Morris-Hamilton's.
    I do like her work. I see she prefers pastels. Not a medium I was happy with.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

Now that you mention it, I think you and jams have cracked the case, wombat! MORE evidence Patsy wrote the note...according to jams herself!

8. Elle

Elle Member

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by koldkase
    Jams seems to think Patsy didn't consciously copy the painting. She says Patsy probably had seen it and just copied it in her artistic flurry of activity without realizing it, from memory.

Right. I don't think so.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I think Hamilton's painting was right bang smack in front of Patsy's eyes as she painted her own version.

Hamilton has two different versions done in pastels. She as a lighter one, and a darker one. Whether this was all done by playing around with the software, it's hard to say, because we have these image mixers, which can really change the look. I have played around with this feature myself.

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

LAST BOTTLE?! No wonder you are feeling so generous. You and RR drank all the good stuff while I was passed out!

Gimme' that! :glug:

Yeah, JUST WHAT WE NEED here in the guttah. Original copies of Patsy's original copies hanging everywhere. We're FIRST CLASS GUTTAH, all the way!

But I warn you, things don't look so good this side of a hangover. Hallmark cards make my skin crawl! Especially the horrible poetry inside. Yuck! "You are so wonderful, you make my stomach hurl...."

And don't be threatening me with no WASH, either! Why do you think I like it so much in the guttah? It AIN'T for the cleanliness!

10. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Actually, I think this piece might also be a copy of some one else's work. My mother had a very similar painting among the things in her storage. If memory serves I think it has been around our family since the late 60's to early 70's and was probably originally purchased simply for the colors. It may have even been something my step-dad painted in an art class. I may have sold it at a garage sale. I remember several people picking it up and remarking, "interesting," but not sure it sold. If not then it's in storage with a ton of other stuff. Either way I can't get to it now but it is in the orange and brown tones and I always wondered why Belle had kept the piece because I thought it was truly ugly.

Attached Files:

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Kind of like this without the colors inverted?

Attached Files:

12. Elle

Elle Member

This painting reminds me very much of a painting I have seen before, although it's just the shape I am going by. I have seen a painting like this of a woman with a turban on her head. You can see the neck and shoulders, or should I change this to, I can see the outline of a neck and shoulders of a similar painting I have seen. With the same colour tones you have mentioned, orange and brown, but the shape is the same.

Without going into any more details. The colours of course have all been changed, but I recognize this shape. It may not be the same one, but when you have looked at a lot of paintings, the shapes stay in your mind because I am interested and have taken part in the art.

13. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Here's what I would have expected from Patsy, as opposed to fauve cubism...

Attached Files:

14. Cherokee

The thing is ...

I just realized after I read the article again (at the following URL) that Patsy's "original" art work wasn't sold at the Charlevoix Art Show. She planned to sell only limited-edition reproductions of her "originals."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4003420

"Many of Patsy's paintings reflect Charlevoix - the lighthouse, the drawbridge, the striped cabanas lining the beach at the Belvedere Club, vivid floral displays. One beach scene shows a boy and a younger girl, presumed to be Burke and JonBenét, sitting side by side.

"The originals won't be sold, but many locals visited Patsy Ramsey's booth and ordered limited-edition reproductions, with all the proceeds going to her ovarian cancer research foundation.
    "

So basically, Patsy was passing off one of Betty Morris Hamilton's art portraits as her own with limited-edition prints being made of it to sell to an unsuspecting public. Obviously, the volunteers at Patsy's booth were not informed that any of Patsy's paintings were copies of another artist's work so it was "presumed" the beach scene with a boy and girl were Burke and JonBenet.

I'm sure Patsy was happy for everything to think the painting was her original idea, but if anyone ever DID find out about Hamilton's painting, Patsy would say, "Oh of COURSE, it's a copy. I never SAID I made it up myself, did I?"

And while I'm on the subject ... Patsy's ovarian cancer research foundation is just another attempt at self-promotion and immortality. There are many other worthy cancer foundations already in existence including the American Cancer Society. There was no need for one more. But there WAS a need for something with Patsy's name on it.

Victory!
    Saved By The Cancer

15. tylin

tylin Banned

16. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Attached Files:

17. Elle

Elle Member

18. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

It was definitely a woman and I remember the painting being in my parents home as far back as the 70-80s (maybe even late 60s'.) It could have been a painting my step-dad did in an art class for that matter. I just remember it as really fugly.

Also, certain colors represent certain times - at least to me. You know how homes were decorated in black and pink, then avocado green was real big. Early 70's were ice tones then later we moved to earth tones and so on. I may be focusing on that but... Belle had her colors grouped around the house and this painting was on the wall behind a glass case that held all her orange and brown glass ware and vases so it kind of blended in. She was good at that type of thing.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Was just thinking, maybe this was the painting Patsy Ramsey did relating to her cancer surgery; something like that. She must have been going through a very trying time with Chemotherapy. That painting gives me the creeps. Very depressing.

20. Cherokee

I can't remember if it was here or when I was posting at WebSleuths, but there was some discussion about certain elements of Patsy's abstract painting. It was pointed out that a dark area on the right side of the head matched the location of JonBenet's skull injury and that a bright yellow patch on the neck matched the location of the bruise on the left side of JonBenet's neck.

In addition, it looks like what appears to be a "broken heart" with a white squiggly line transecting it diagonally from SW to NE. The triangular yellow patch below the left eye is suggestive of a teardrop.

"Some things in life you can never take back." - Patsy Ramsey

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice