PMPT Revisitied

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tez, Jan 16, 2006.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

From Thomas's book pg 37 (hb version)- On the bathroom counter lay a balled-up child's red turtleneck sweater.

Is there somewhere else it mentions that this top was wet because I don't see that indicated here.

-Tea

2. Elle

Elle Member

The fact that it was balled up, signifies that it had been rinsed through Tea and just left on the counter to probably throw into the washer. A natural thing a mother would do.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Because JonBenét was still wetting the bed, and there's more protective cover for a child wearing pull-ups under longjohns. Just a suggestion. Makes sense.

I don't think Patsy Ramsey bashed in JonBenét's head. I think she was thrown around in anger, and her head struck the tub or toilet. I don't think this was premeditated murder, Tea. I think it was an accident which ended as a homicide to quote Steve thomas.

They may both have something to hide, and are standing by one another for these reasons. Whose to know?

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

There are those who believe that because the sheets on JB's bed showed no evidence of her wetting the bed that night, that disproves the theory that Patsy went into a rage and killed her over a wet bed.

I've not been a big fan of the bedwetting theory, although I have never ruled it out, but I have never understood how people can be so thick. How much time does it take to strip a bed, wash the sheets, and put them back on the bed? Mess them up a little, strew the bedcovers, and there's your dry bed. Why, officer, whatever makes you think JB wet the bed?

If Patsy clobbered her daughter because she wet the bed, she had plenty of time not only to write the ransom note (which she did, IMO), but also to pull the sheets off the bed, wash and dry them and put them back on the bed.

I'm not so sure that's what happened - the bedwetting scene, that is, but for anyone who thinks it's impossible, their theories that because the sheets weren't wet, the bedwetting scenario just can't be, won't fly.

5. Elle

Elle Member

If patsy was up all night WY, she had time to change the bed, but it's possible the confrontation started in the kitchen over the pineapple. Delmar thought this may have happened and continued as the night wore on. He could be right. It's just the wrung out red top nags away at me.

According to Linda Hoffman Pugh, she had put pink and white checked sheets on JonBenét's bed two days before Christmas, and when she was shown a photograph of the dryer with the door open, these pink and white sheets were in the dryer, and another photo showed the Beauty and the Beast sheets on her bed. She was also shown one with a white blanket which had brown stains, which looked like dried blood. JonBenét's bed looked barely disturbed, and to pull the blanket off, you had to remove the comforter. She thought maybe the blanket hadn't been on the bed at all, but in the dryer.
    PMPT page 728

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't remember reading that the red top was wrung out, Elle. ST's book said it was wadded up but didn't say anything about it being wet that I remember. I could be wrong about that. There was a jumpsuit (red?) that Patsy said she rinsed out that morning - I think it was on an ironing board? Again, it's been a while - I'm not sure that it was on the ironing board.

I don't think JB made it much past midnight that night. It may have been a day of little agitations for Patsy, and JB may have created some of those agitations. The pineapple may have been one of those agitations, as EW states. Little agitations can sometimes add up for a stressed-out mother. Christmas is a notoriously bad time for domestic violence.

I'm still not convinced it wasn't JR who did the deed, but it's something that will always be a question for me, since no one is ever going to confess.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Steve thomas just states in his book the red top was "balled up" WY, but it had to be wrung out first for it to be in this state. It wouldn't have been balled up if it had just been placed there dry. To me it signifies that it had to have been rinsed out first, because it was soiled. Patsy may have been tired and annoyed at JonBenét for the extra trouble she was causing.

Patsy talks about fussing with stains on a red top on the ironing board in the NE police files. She is quick to draw attention to this jumpsuit being red to draw the attention away from the fact that JonBenét may have worn it on Christmas night. THis is why I think she emphasizes "red" to cover her tracks here. jmo

As I was browsing through PMPT I came across Linda Hoffman's statement, and it seems on December 23rd, the day the Ramseys were having their Christmas party, Patsy was a bit rattled with JonBenét, who was playing with makeup, and her mother told her to take it off, that she wasn't going anywhere with all that on. She went out to play at one o'clock and came back by four, and didn't want to wear a dress, and Patsy got agitated, and finally she did wear a velvet dress. It seems to me JonBenét got on Patsy's nerves quite a bit over Christmas, rebelling about what she was going to wear. PMPT page 238 PB

Whatever happened to JonBenét at Christmas time, we may never know. I think the Ramseys planned and schemed the whole night to make sure they would create reasonable doubts, but I think Patsy's nerves gave way and all hell broke loose.

8. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

The red turtleneck was balled up or wadded up on JonBenet's bathroom counter, but there is no mention about it being wet. And I take it that this was a nice sweater so why in the world would Patsy put this on JonBenet to wear to bed knowing her bedwetting problem? Besides, the only person who could have gone to bed Christmas night wearing a red turtleneck sweater was Patsy herself.

As far as the red Jumpsuit goes, here is a snippet from the NE book, pp 142-143:

TH: So now we are on the second floor, because you're coming down the stairs?

PR: Right, I am coming down... I had the ironing board somewhere here. And I had - I think I had a couple of plastic bags here somewhere...to take to the lake.

TH: ...And you stopped there?

PR: Just momentary. I remember - remember laying the little red jumpsuit of JonBenet's over the ironing board, because it had a few spots on it, so I was thinking when I came back from the lake I was going to take that to the dry cleaners, and decided to lay that somewhere.

TH: Was that - it wasn't something you were going to take to the lake?

PR: No, no, it was something she had worn for a Christmas performance. It was a little Christmas thing.

TH: When had she worn that?

PR: She had worn it - well, she wore it, some of her pageant girls performed together in a group, some Christmas songs and things, down in a mall in Denver, she wore it for that.

TH: Is that Amerikids?

PR: Yes, that's what, who it was, yes...I had laid that out or done something and the light was on here.

Yes, it is, but I think something far more ominous happened that night that shocked and enraged Patsy, a woman about to turn 40 and had a bout with deadly ovarian cancer, to her core.

Oh, I think he was very much involved. Remember the line from the note? "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter." JonBenet is already dead at this point, so I'm thinking that Patsy told or instructed John to do something that night and he deviated.

-Tea

9. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

There are many possibilities. It's just they all include the only people in the home: the Ramseys.

Without seeing the entire case file, or at least the parts we've never seen, the evidence we will never know exists, we'll never know who did what to JonBenet. We just know the final result: horribly molested and murdered child.

No one who can put them to actual use will ever see all those files. Decent detectives on the case are long gone. Smit doesn't have the brains to process what he sees, if he's seen the new files, compliments of Keenan/what'shername. The new detectives couldn't possibly live long enough to get through them from scratch. Think of the now retired Bennett. Lot of good he did. Not his fault. How can anyone catch up who hasn't been in this from day one?

Now the new one, Kolar. He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of solving anything. He's a front for the DA. Even if he "solved" the case, the DA would eat her arms off before she'd sign off on an indictment and trial.

The files of this case will end up like the files of the Black Dahlia case: sealed for 50 years and then pretty much mostly "missing" when/if anyone can pry them out of the BDA's hands then.

They do not want anyone to EVER see the full truth about this case...and their part in it.

IMO, of course.

11. Elle

Elle Member

KK,

The snake is back biting it's own tail as far as I'm concerned. Round and round we go on the Ramsey Carousel, but we all know they were definitely involved in the death of their own daughter, JonBenét, and one day they will be caught. They have managed to hide behind the steel band of lawyers, but this cannot last forever.

1. Was jonBenét injured in the kitchen with the flash light, with no fingerprints on it?

2. Was JonBenét thrown around upstairs, with her head hitting the tub, or toilet?

I refuse to name #3 an "intruder" because there was "no intruder" unless we can get away with classifying the Ramseys as intruders into JonBenét's young life. YES! There were two intruders. Patsy and John Ramsey.

Tune in again in another ten years, and we might know the answer by then; meanwhile the Ramsey Carousel keeps spinning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice