Preparations for the lawsuit

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, May 30, 2003.

1. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: Adrian Monk

Which of course begs the question of why she went public to begin with. Even Monica Lewinsky had the stained dress to prove her claims, so some very modest evidence-gathering on the part of the alleged victim shouldn't be equated with brain surgery.

She owes it not only to the accused, to substantiate her claims, but to those who are real victims of real child abuse crimes, whose credibility becomes very much at risk by the very existence of this elaborate story with (so far) no supporting evidence whatsoever and only vitriolic attacks (and threats of lawsuits) of anyone who asks for such evidence. She may be looking to publish a book, like Cathy O'Brien; she may be aspiring to the "satanic ritual abuse" lecture circuit, which is becoming a mini-sub-culture all its own with articles of faith at least as fervent as UFO believers or "militia" types (but perhaps a different color of tinfoil wrapped over the head?) If that is her aim, all she has to do is say so, and we can give a nod and a wink and go along with it, wishing her luck in her new career as a scam-artist. But if she truly wants to be given victim status, and to drag Fleet White and the other players of her alleged cabal into prison (where they would belong if her claims had merit), then she needs to do some remedial credibility-repair, involving a reasoned response to the issues we have raised here (and I can only assume were also reflected back to her by the law enforcement agents who interviewed her).

2. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Re: More Plaskett hype

Ways to validate and ways to invalidate are the same. Some might call it "fact-checking", which should scare only liars, not those telling the truth.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Ginja has hit the mother lode

with a post on Purgatory directed to mame. I would post it here, but I won't do it without Ginja's permission. Perhaps she will post it here, because it is the best post I have seen written on what has transpired with mame over the years that I believe I have ever seen.

If you're a member of Delphi, go to the JonBenet section, "Krebs says she is suing" thread. It is #40 on the thread, I believe. Ginja, you are awesome.

4. Watching You

Sorry

it is post 39, not 40. UncleBlabby is post 40. Where is UB, anyway? Haven't seen him around here lately. Guess he's over there watching the circus.

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I just finished it...excellent posts Ginja.

I would just say one thing.....I can't see the 2 sides ever working together. What they have done to FW and alot of posters we all love and respect is unforgiveable.

6. Watching You

Forgiveness

They don't think they have done anything wrong so there will be no olive branch extended. I can almost guarantee that. If they extended the olive branch to most people on this forum, I think I know where everyone would tell them to stick it.

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Truth and Credibilty

The now 37-year-old Mystery Woman said she tried to phone FBI agents on Monday, but got only an answering machine.

Has any one of you ever called the FBI and gotten an answering machine?

I called once, during the post 9-11 Orange Alert, a very busy time for the FBI, and I got a real live agent on the phone.

Is Nancy Krebs' experience with the FBI unusual?

(Or does Plasket make it up as he goes along? He should apply for Jayson Blair's job at the NY Times.)

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Lurker please don't suggest anymore that Plaskett observe professional standards like actually verifying what someone tells him. That's just crazy talk.

I just watched a thing on the Peterson case today and their "Mystery Woman" is crying that she did try to contact the mean police and just no one will listen to her. Sound familiar? Plaskett should have lost his job over that last article.

9. Adrian Monk

Adrian Monk Member

Seems to be a familiar theme: "I wasn't intuitive enough to know which police officers I could trust with my story, but I *WAS* intuitive enough to know that so-and-so would take my story and run with it!"

10. Watching You

LOL, quite telling, isn't it

That in all her 37 years, no one ever stoked her intuition quite the way Lee Hill did over the TV airwaves. No teacher, no pastor, no friend, no neighbor, only Lee Hill and then maim, with whom she shared her story. Complete strangers, yet she intuitively knew she could trust these two strangers but no one else, ever, in her entire life.

Bullpuckey.

11. Uncle Blabby

Uncle Blabby FFJ Senior Member

The Lawsuit

I've been reading about this lawsuit and who is supposed to be involved in it. Aunt Blabby has been grinning like a fool the past week or so, says Nancy Krebs is out of her mind if she thinks she can take on these forums and win. She says if Fleet White couldn't sue Nancy and Mame and the other posters who said such bad things about him, how does Nancy expect to do it against posters who have not defamed her at all?

You must understand that I can't say it the way AB does. You would have to hear the inflections in her voice and see the looks on her face to know what I mean. AB has given me two wonderful children and I love her dearly, but you just don't want to get her mad if you know what's good for you. She'll ruin your day for you in a bad way. So I just listen and pass it along to you folks.

I have to agree with AB. I don't mean I have to agree with her, I just do. What is the real story with this phone call to Tricia, does anyone know? Does Nancy really believe she can prevail in a lawsuit against FFJ or its posters? Would any decent lawyer in his right mind even consider taking a case from a woman who has been so compromised by her own friends on the forums and who has so much baggage that would be brought out in any lawsuit brought by her?

AB said she hopes Ms. Krebs does go after the forums, LOL. She said it would be fun to watch all the scrambling going on when the very smart posters on the forums turn it around on her and go after her in a countersuit. I told her that's easy for her to say, she's not the one who was threatened by a lawsuit. She's right, though. AB is always right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice