1. rashomon

rashomon Member

I think you are reading way too much into the psalms, Paradox.
    For example, you quote the psalm word 'delivery' endlessly, disregarding the fact that the word 'delivery' used in the ransom note has a cpmpletely different meaning.

I agree with you that pschology does play a big role in the staging, but not because Patsy was in any way psychotic. Imo the FBI CASKU experts were right on the money in their assessment of the staged scene serving as a cathartic act which allowed the offender to undo the crime in his/her own mind. In other words, it was a classic dissociative act.

2. JoeJame

JoeJame member

from the very beginning....esp. after reading DOI, The My Twinn Doll looking like JonBenet in a coffin to Patsy and The color purple bringing about death at Christmas have always bothered me. Maybe they are innocent aspects. Who knows. But also the bracelet dated that date. Now that definetely could be innocent. But still I questioned them none the less.

3. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

35:1 Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me: fight against those who fight against me.

35:2 Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid.

35:3 Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me.

35:3 Say to my soul, "I am your salvation."

4. heymom

heymom Member

But JoeJame, Patsy and John wrote this book long after JonBenet was dead, and they fictionalized a whole lot of it. Did Patsy really think the My Twinn doll looked like she was in a coffin AT THE TIME? Or is that Patsy taking her current thoughts backward and inserting them into a piece of fiction that she's writing? I think it's the latter. I don't think you can trust one word that Patsy wrote in DOI. What you CAN trust is her handwriting in the ransom note. And the fibers from her jacket being entwined in the cord around JonBenet's neck.

5. Elle

Elle Member

My very own thoughts, heymom. Took me about four months to make a switch from thinking the Ramseys might be innocent. I made the mistake of reading DOI first before I was guided to read other books which changed my thinking. You're right

6. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I have no doubts Patsy wrote that note. Maybe it is just my love of conspiracy. Not sure. But in some way I feel like this child was a sacrifice and her parents were involved. I do feel it was premeditated. For some reason I do, knowing I could be totally way off kilter with that assumption.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

JJ- it's a stretch, but with Patsy, who knows what all her chemically altered/damaged thoughts she came up with?!

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

That's the problem with this case: Patsy. Who knows what demented state she lived in? Between the chemo, the drugs, the anti-depressants, the pageant world mentality, the religious "healing" ceremonies and proselytizing, her Southern Gothic performances for the camera, lying at the drop of a hat, batting her eyes at Thomas while "handling" him on camera...she was just plain WEIRD.

I can believe Paradox's theory; I just can't prove it.

9. Paradox

119:145 I call with all my heart; answer me; O Lord, and I will obey your decrees.

119:146 I call out to you; save me and I will keep your statutes.

119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.

119:148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.

My eyes stay open through the watches of the night

Patsy didn't go to bed that night.

10. Paradox

I thought that last post would bring comments. There are word and phrase similarities between The Psalms and the rn, that is clear, but this passage alludes to a behavior similairity between The Psalms and Patsy that night. A preponderance of cooincidence rules out coincidence.

11. heymom

heymom Member

Well, Paradox, I didn't sleep the night our son had his accident, either. It's pretty common not to want to sleep when there's been a frightening accident or tragedy, and of course Patsy and John had a stage to construct.

I spent a lot of time praying that night. But I didn't write a ransom note, since our son was in the PICU.

12. Paradox

But John did go to bed. Patsy stayed up creating a scene (all by herself I say) and then meditated(?)

13. heymom

heymom Member

John may have gone to bed before the incident happened, but I do not believe that he remained in bed all night while Patsy murdered JonBenet and then staged the scene. I think you may be the only one here who thinks John didn't know Patsy was involved until he first saw the ransom note.

14. Paradox

I do lead the way in many aspects of the public sleuthing of this case, don't I?

That's ME PARADOX.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Paradox

From the Franklin Thesaurus Spelling Ace

paradox (noun) reasoning that offends against logic :)

16. Paradox

I took the hat Paradox from studying Jung. He said the more you look into the unconscious the more you find paradoxes. In fact, the best God image in myth is the serpent which can be stretched into a line and coiled into a circle thus representing both light and dark aspects, "the opposites" in one figure. Most religions teach that one must bow to God. Depth psychology teaches that the ego must bow to the paradoxical nature of the collective unconscious. Not that my choice of hat means I want people to bow to me! Heh, heh, ... heh.

17. Elle

Elle Member

18. Paradox

19. Elle

Elle Member

Glad I was honest when I said I didn't know much about it. :) Seventeen years is a very long time. I don't know anyone personally who is involved with Jung. You're the first one I've come across on the net.

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

How do you know John went to bed? We only have is words that he did, that's all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice