1. heymom

heymom Member

And unlike Patsy, who fits the description of someone with borderline personality disorder, John is in his "right mind," although he could be somewhat narcissistic. So he may be more haunted by his conscience than Patsy was. Depends upon just how narcissistic he is. If very much, then he could convince himself that it totally wasn't his or Patsy's fault, but JonBenet's own fault, and that he didn't do anything wrong at all.

I have heard of narcissists actually passing a polygraph because they do NOT believe they can ever be wrong.

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

And how could the intruder have known that the basement doors wouldn't be locked from the outside?
    Indeed they failed miserably at that. The also did not seem to realize that what was written in the ransom note did not mesh at all with their lone sexual predator theory. Lou Smit went as far as almost completely disregarding the ransom note because it did not fit into his theory.
    People like Smit and even John Douglas let themselves be mesmerized by the 'garrote' scene in the wine cellar without even thinking for a second that it could have been staged, a classic red herring to create a brutal 'tortured and killed' scenario. It seems that their emotion at viewing the brutally staged scene completely overrode any rational thinking on their part. "No parent would do this to their child" - that was their emotional credo. But since emotions are no tools of cognition, they can cloud the truth about a crime scene.
    The stress in the note is so palpable. One ransom note analyst called the RN "nervous and spastic", which hits it dead center imo.
    I can't understand how any IDIs out there can believe that this kind of note could have been written before the crime.
    John's lame attempt to pin the crime on people like the housekeeper with his "inside job" comment backfired. It was true inside job indeed - a Ramsey job, the note giving us insight in the inner works of Patsy's psyche.

I too think SBTC are just some letters randomly combined as a classic red herring intended to make LE unsuccessfully rack their brains as to what it might mean.

3. Elle

Elle Member

The very fact there was this three page ransom note present in their house proved they were covering up right from the start. The amazing thing about this case is the fact the Ramseys got away with this "War and Peace" ransom note as someone expertly named it, plus the fake garrote, plus anything else the Ramseys concocted. Absolutely amazing.

4. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Interesting Views Here...

Probably you all are correct in saying that the narcisistic John Ramsey will never tell the truth about JonBenet's death...Or maybe even never admit the truth to himself...

If we are ever to learn the truth of what happened that night, it will probably come from Burke, who I believe knows at least most of the truth of what happened that night.

Someday later in his life, he may have a crisis or an ephifany of some sort and write a confession/tell-all book entitled: "My Sister JonBenet Ramsey" (sub-titled What Really Happened Christmas Night")....Of course this is speculation, but I think if Burke is to ever really live a normal life, some release like this will have to happen for him and my bet is that it will take book form and no doubt make him a handy fortune in the process.

Of course, this will take place some years after the conscience calloused John Ramsey is either wandering the halls of a nursing home or roasting in his grave....."Getting On With His Life" either in this life or the next doncha know. :)

Life does have a way of moving on and revealing the truth of itself in the process....Just takes time.

Voyager

5. heymom

heymom Member

Speaking of the RN...I was doing some data entry work today, which involved reading cards with contributor's name, address, phone number in their own handwriting, and then entering them into a spreadsheet...many of the cards were hard to read. The ones that had enough writing to show most of the alphabet were a LOT easier to figure out...because you could see that "oh, her 'R' looks like that, so that must be one!" All you had to do was examine the rest of the writing and you could guess the ones that were a little unclear.

I thought of Patsy's very distinctive handwriting and spacing...ANYONE who looked at that writing, who wasn't already swayed by the Ramsey story, charm, power and money, would see that of course Patsy wrote it! If I, no handwriting expert, can clearly see the pattern in just a few lines of writing, how much more could anyone notice in 3 PAGES of writing?!

And yet, here we sit, no charges ever filed, and no perpetrator ever prosecuted.

6. Elle

Elle Member

I think your last line says it all for me, Voyager.

"Life does have a way of moving on and revealing the truth of itself in the process....Just takes time."

7. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I think life moves along and the dust of time burries the truth. Otherwise we wouldn't have mysteries like Stone Henge, Easter Island, Nazca, Machu Pichu, Pueblo Bonito, Delphi, et. al. Just look at what Boulder is doing to the Ramsey case, burried. And where is Hoffa?

The history of the human race shows a battle between the search for knowledge and the self serving blindfolding of belief.

8. Elle

Elle Member

As long as you are still posting, Paradox, something interesting will be told.
    I know what you are saying here. The dust of time can bury a lot of secrets, but someone will continue to keep blowing the dust away searching for answers, yourself, for instance. :)

Did you write this, or is it carved in stone somewhere?

The history of the human race shows a battle between the search for knowledge and the self serving blindfolding of belief.

Talking about Stone Henge, I went there when I was in England for a few years in the 80's. Very impressive! I have a nice desktop photo of Stone Henge against a nice clear sky, and I can still see my icons clearly. :)

9. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Stone henge is a great example of a mystery left to us by the creeping social disease of ignorance, hubris and bureaucracy. It's one of my favorite monuments to our lost humanity along with the Pueblo Bonito/Fajada butte complex and the Arabic Numerals.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice