Psychics shed a little light

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Jan 9, 2007.

1. heymom

heymom Member

Well, not to get into a religious discussion...no, really...I was just talking to Free, since she mentioned being Christian, which puts she and I into the same framework or onto the same facet, as you say, and what our Guidebook says is that we are not to consult with socerers, mediums, conjurers, etc. Another faith may have no such prohibition. We all know that there are many religious options, and many folks who are non-religious.

The psychic ability, I believe, is not a God-given gift, or, if it is, it is too easily turned into something demonic. Many, I am sure, will disagree with me, but I don't want to get so far off-topic and start a religious war on the forum

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The Ramseys have their own set of "commandments"

:curses:

3. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Yeah, John's first commandment is
    I the chairman of the board am a jealous clod. You shall have no other clods before me neither shall you worship at contrary blogs.
    Something like that I think. It's sort of like John has rewritten the Torah to his own specs.
    Another of his might be
    You shall allow your children to commit adult parody. (you shall dress your young as an adult).
    Perhaps he should have read the one about not coveting his neighbor's :(:(:(. That could have saved him some marital strife. :glord:

4. Tril

Tril Member

I don't believe in the supernatural, but when people claiming to have special intuitive powers offer to help solve certain crimes, including finding bodies and so forth, I'm okay with it. Sylvia whatshername didn't pan out with Boot Man - and the absurd scam actually helped the perp/s - but regardless of how they might manage to do it, if some of these people can provide even a bit of fresh insight into a case, I say let 'em do it.

Having said that, I don't see how a "psychic" could help in the JonBenet case. What could one of them add to the investigation that might be useful? The old standby "*gasp* I can feel the victim's terror" or "I can see the number 7 (or another number) on a sign by a woods, near water" (or any variation thereof) won't cut it. It would have to be something better than that, but I can't imagine what that might be.

5. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

what about... I can see the face of the murderer?? that might do i t!!

Dont get tied down to what is often presented on telly... many mediums work in vastly different ways.

Though there is undoubtedly some items that have been overlooked, there might be clarification of context , and time lining of the night..

A new persepctive or insights...might lead to some curly questions for certain folk

or it may not

certainly cant hurt

6. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I'm a Christian, a struggling Christian who fails more than suceeds in living as I should but I keep on trucking.

When my brother was killed in a car accident the previous summer we were devastated and hounded by questions in our minds....what happened....did he suffer....did he know he was all alone on that stretch of highway dying or was he already brain dead.... and on and on. The visions we had ate at us and even now just writing about it all twist my stomach and I feel like puking.

Anyhow we were so desperate for a connection to him and perhaps some answers and peace that one of us did speak with a psychic while me and my sister listened in. This woman said things that only our family knew, some things that were going on at the time after his death such as bedrooms being rearranged and how they were laid out and other personal things I won't go into.

Altho we didn't get peace as to what happened and if he suffered from it we were told he was blindsided by the accident and never saw it happen, details weren't important, he was here because we were so traumatized by his death he had to reach out to us to let us know it was ok. It appears also that he was there with my other brother that they were together.

I don't know how I feel about all this, I know somethings were only family stuff that others had no way of knowing but then I am confused because of my religous beliefs to not go there.

I guess my pain was greater at the time than my faith and I know had I had a child murdered I would have sought any and all help.

The Ramseys were able to get past the sexual imodesty of the Christian faith when it came to pimping their daughter I don't see why they wouldn't also seek out a psychic in the search for 'sick puppy'. I don't think they were as faithful as you are.

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Yeah but you also said 'Damn' and 'Ramseys' in the last sentence...makes up for the first sentence.

I don't believe in psychics, besides so many LE bring in psychics as a last resort and I've not yet saw one come up with any new lead. I think some people are very intuitive and have that gift.

Any psychic working for the Ramsey case has to make sure their answers are okay with Woody or it's lawsuit time! Can't say a 'Ramsey' killed JonBenet....must come up with a bushy head stranger.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:floor: JustChillun, you are brilliant. I love it!

The Ramsey Ten Commandments

I. I, John Ramsey, am a jealous clod. Thou shalt have no other clods before me, neither shall you worship at contrary blogs.

II. Thou shalt not make for yourself any idol but the Ramsey family to worship, as they have been, and always shall be perfect.

III. Thou shalt not take the name of Patsy Ramsey in vain, neither shall you spell it Phatsy.

IV. Remember the Miss America Pageant, and keep it holy.

V. Honor your lawyer and PR man, and make sure you pay them enough hush money.

VI.
    Thou shalt not murder, unless you can get away with it.

VII. Thou shalt make your children to commit adult parody (thou shalt dress your young as an adult).

VIII. Thou shalt not steal unless it's to rob people of their livelihoods by suing them to death.

IX. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor unless it is to lie and throw them under the bus to save your own skin.

X. Thou shalt not uncover thy neighbor's wife nor his house unless you're a Ramsey and then you can do whatever the h*** you want because the law doesn't apply to you.

9. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

If a person says they have psychic powers, don't believe them.

If a person says psychic powers have them, listen carefully.

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Gosh, when I was nine years old I had a supernatural experience involving what I considered a message from god...or someone. I thanked god for it. I needed to see it. It was a message that comforted me in a very dark hour. It gave me hope when I had lost it. At nine, I had no motives or delusions about it. People in the Bible had this stuff plenty. I didn't question it. And it came to pass 16 years later.

So...why is having supernatural experiences sinful? I don't believe most people who claim to be psychics and go on TV with it. What I experienced was intimate and would never have happened with a camera and audience watching, I'm sure. It wasn't like that.

I guess what I'm asking is, if Biblical prophets had supernatural experiences, if Biblical people saw angels and the Devil, and spoke to God...how is that different? Are we not the same human race? Or do you not believe THEIR stories were real?

See, that's why I have trouble with religion. People don't even believe what they say they believe. I don't get it.

Alls I know is that some things are spiritual, some involve energies we can't control, and some involve energies we aren't even aware of. I've experienced it many times, in many forms, most I have no words to describe. There are more things in Heaven and Earth than we can imagine, Horatio.

So a blessing is just a blessing. Take it or leave it. I'll take all I can get.

11. koldkase

:floor:

I think you nailed it.

12. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Fantastic LOL!...10/10 (commandments that is :)

13. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

We were given Charismatic gifts

word of wisdom / message of wisdom, 1Cor 12:8
    word of knowledge / message of knowledge, 1 Cor 12:8
    faith, 1 Cor 12:9
    gifts of healing, 1 Cor 12:9, 12:28
    miracles / miraculous powers, 1 Cor 12:10, 12:28
    prophecy / prophesying / prophets, 1 Cor 12:10, 1 Cor 12:28, Rom 12:6, Eph 4:11
    discernment of spirits / distinguishing of spirits), 1 Cor 12:10
    speaking in tongues / varieties of tongues / speaking in different kinds of tongues, 1 Cor 12:10
    interpretation of tongues, 1 Cor 12:10

I have no doubt that people to this day are blessed by God with Spiritual gifts.

I've always thought we were not to indulge in the mediums who speak with the dead.... which is what we did.....what you say you had is more like a person having a vision or given a word of knowledge of a future event.

14. koldkase

Are those who passed on not of the same spirit of god? Are "the dead" not simply now in the spirit? I have no idea if they "speak" to mediums, but if the future can be revealed before it even happens, chosen by some intelligence to bring a message to a child, I cannot dismiss other paths of revelation as impossible in this existence which we share now.

And I believe...wrongly or not...that we are all the same spirit. Before, during, and after our existence on this plane.

15. Amber

Amber Member

Similarly to KK, I have had 'supernatural' experiences, that started around the age of 8.

As a child I was a Catholic and truly believed in Jesus. At church on Sunday and at Catholic school during the week I heard many stories of 'supernatural' experiences in the OT and NT.

On more than one occasion these experiences have potentially saved my life...but that's my experience. I respect other's beliefs and I have no interest in 'converting' others to agree with me...I know what I know and I know what's in my heart.

Intent and discernment is crucial in this area I believe. Whilst my priest used to lecture us from the pulpit about hypocrisy, sin and staying away from the occult (which simply means hidden) he was involved in his own hidden world busily ruining the lives of several young girls by sexually abusing them. I bet those mothers wish some psychic had warned them before hand. Not all psychics have the skills or right intent. Not all priests or Christians are godly. We have to use the discernment God gave us.

I cannot believe that God would rather we refuse to use a tool (a psychic) that would apprehend a murderer and prevent him killing someone else, than use her.

If you believe in evil and follow it to it's logical conclusion - is the murderer inspired by God or the devil? Wouldn't it be in the devil's interest for the murderer to go uncaught and to continue spreading evil? Why then would the devil 'tell' a psychic who his murdering little minion was and spoil his fun?

16. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

anywhoos ...

lol

the jist of all this is it must be done without interference from ...." you know who !! lol ".. if done as a private venture...could be very interesting..

Paradox...spot on mate..!!

17. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee,

This is a classic. I feel it should have the usual calligraphy type of border
    around it. :)

18. tylin

tylin Banned

Cheeroke,
    THAT is brilliant. :justice: :curtsey: :yay: :gavel: :takeabow: :star: :clap:

19. Amber

Amber Member

Ooops...Did I just out myself as a whoo whoo? :winkaway:

20. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Cherokee you are hilarious! I like the pageant commandment best!

I think a personal experience with God is different from a psychic brought in to read energies or whatever they do. I consider good psychics as highly intuitive people...gifted with insight.

But as far as psychics reading energy in an area....confuses me....an area can have upteen billion little energy episodes, how do they find the right one?

Ironically, if I was the parent of a murdered child and had the chance to bring in a psychic, I would...leave no stone unturned.

John's not going to bring in a psychic....what if the psychic is energized with the word 'Ramsey'? I can see Woody glaring down at the psychic as he scrawls notes for his next lawsuit....call LKL, Sue the psychic, schedule interview with LKL, talk to the Ramsey Mountain news, feed the horse, Talk to CNN....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice