Questions for the Ramseys

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Apr 14, 2003.

1. 5JOE5

5JOE5 Member

Addys

"Please write, call, or email Gov.Owens"

Would someone please post Gov. Owens addresses again?

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

3. 5JOE5

5JOE5 Member

Moab

Thanks!

4. Thor

Thor Active Member

Since I am not under the knife quite yet, and have some time, I thought I'd bring up the fact that I tried emailing Owens twice, once from MSN and the other from Yahoo and both came back delivery failures. Anyone else have that problem?

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Oops...maybe I should have tested it, I just got it off the State of Colorado web page, cause I was in a hurry...

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thor and Moab,

I've just written to Gov Owens asking him to check out Judge Carnes. I'll let you know if it bounces back or what happens to it.

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Moab,

my email just came back too as undeliverable because "sender domain must be resolvable".

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Zo

Are you using a free email account? That could explain it. Make sure all who write use a legitimate ISP email address. Colorado's way of weeding out hotmail and yahoo accounts is my first guess, or...they don't accept out-of-state emails to the Gov office.

Let me do some checking.

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

You know the more I think about this the more annoying it is. I think Wood is out of control and angry that despite his various shake-downs, no one out there has changed their minds about the Ramseys. That inconvenient Iraq war totally upstaged this crapola! Well tough phucking chit.

Anyone removing that link to Ryan's GREAT article will face death by the FIRING SQUAD!

11. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

My email to Gov Owens

I'll let you know if I hear back from him.
    GL

4/17/2003

Dear Governor Owens Re: The JonBenet Ramsey Case

The recent ruling, by a Judge in Boulder, in effect, exonerates the Ramsey’s, and that’s a shame.

I am aware of many of the details of this case. Mr. Lin Wood and Mr. Lou Smit have misrepresented the facts and have, for an extended period of time, boldly sought to obtain impunity for the Ramsey’s, and that’s a shame.

Well, with the help of an obviously uninformed Judge, they have succeeded, and that’s a shame.

It was my understanding, Governor, that when you were campaigning for office, you led citizens to believe that you were going to use your powers of authority to bring the preps to justice. That did not happened, and that’s a shame.

JonBenet Ramsey was a little child, Sir, and she was murdered in your State. Her sad ending is known the world over, and the conclusions your State Judge made, sans a trial, exonerates the parents, and that’s a shame.

History, Sir, will record your efforts (or lack thereof) to bring the preps to justice. This case was your opportunity to lend some degree of decorum to the legal system in Boulder. By all accounts, it is a system that has run amok, and that’s a shame.

Who am I to offer such criticism to the head of the great State of Colorado? I think I am a good citizen. Whenever I see such blatant disregard for our laws, I feel compelled to speak out, even if no one seriously addresses my concerns, and that’s a shame.

Lin Wood, the chief defense lawyer on this case, had the audacity to say the following, about people such as myself:
    Lin Wood: “"Personally, I think people who immerse
    themselves in this case on the Internet are disturbed individuals who must
    not have much of a life and are to be pitied."

Well, Sir, I am not in the least bit “disturbed;†quite the opposite. I am, more accurately “angry!†And, for God’s sake, pity me not, for I am a good citizen, mentally robust, morally decent and, in my opinion, very much representative of most citizens of this great Country, The United States of America.

Mary Keenan, Lin Wood, Lou Smit, and the Judge on this case, are, in my opinion, shameful, and that’s a shame.

It’s not to late, Governor, to intervene. Your place in history beckons, and this writer has some hope that your innate integrity will reign supreme.

Sincerely,

(My real name and my email addy)

Greenleaf

12. Tricia

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is why we love Greenleaf.

Amazing..

I would encourage all to follow Greenleafs example.

13. Greenleaf

Tricia

My, my, my, Tricia!

You sure know how to warm the cockles an old gal's heart.

I'm glad that, at least, one person saw my letter to the Gov.

Thank you, thank you. I love you, too.

GL

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Moab,

You asked me if my account is a free on and the answer is no. I pay for my account. I will be anxious to see if Greenleaf's letter comes back to her too. Unless she sent in by snail mail that is.

Greenleaf that is a very good letter. I was't as kind as you in my email but then I wasnt' disrespectful either...sort of a bothersome old lady I think! :D

15. Ginja

Ginja Member

Greenie

Hi everyone...this is my first post so I might screw up with all this fancy schmancy html and icon luxuries...

Greenie, I loved your letter to Owens and agree with Tricia that EVERYONE should start hitting the guy with everything they've got!

One correction, though. Judge Carnes is out of Atlanta, not Boulder.

This was a civil libel case that was brought in the federal courts because of jurisdictional questions, that is, plaintiff is a citizen of Colorado and defendants were citizens of Georgia. So it got opened in the federal court rather than a superior/state court.

Anyways, my idea on all of this is that we keep the momentum going!

I have concerns regarding Wood's blatant use of threatening people who wish to talk or opine in any way, shape or form on this case. As Tricia posted the long list of media Wood "threatened" if they published Ryan's article, you can see my concern.

What right does he have to silence the American public and media? I've watched this topic die on every single cable news talk show, with public admissions by people like Dominick Dunn and Mark Klaas that they can't opine or else they'll be sued.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Tricia and I are looking into how to "fight" this; I thought I'd bring it up here in case any of you brilliant people might have an idea how to fight back.

16. Tricia

Thanks for posting Ginja and welcome.

Ginja FFJ is a great place to turn to if you are looking for something case related. Although I have to say you are a walking encyclopedia of knowledge yourself.

Ginja and I worked over the weekend on getting a few things together. One is something we have talked about which is the petition. It's coming. I promise.

Any other ideas let us know.

Cybersleuths posted a thought of interest.

Lin Wood said he was going to file a lawsuit against American Media ( tabs) on behalf of Gary Condit in March. Here it is May and no lawsuit. But then again the tabs have been running favorable stories about the Ramsey's .

This whole thing stinks and nobody cares....expect us. However I think we can change that :)

17. Tez

Tez Member

I have a question.....

Does Lin Wood haul his ba!!s around in a dump truck? My gosh, he has a pair doesn't he? I will be writing my letter to the Gov. of Colorado also.

18. Greenleaf

Ginja

Ginja, you wrote:
    "One correction, though. Judge Carnes is out of Atlanta, not Boulder."

Thanks for making that correction for me, Ginja. It's so good to see you back.

GL

19. Aurora

Aurora Member

HI people.... I have been reading but haven't responded to anything in a long time. This article is not only a must read.... it is RIGHT ON. Ryan has done his homework and in my opinion has written an article that takes on all angles and arguments and draws factual conclusions. It is the best I have read in along time!!!

Sunday...I was in Marietta....visiting JonBenets grave. It is more like a little shrine. It looked like Ramsey's had not been there in awhile as some old silk flowers were there .. among some other old articles.. people have left behind and her grave was void of any Easter Lilies or real flowers.

We all should be OUTRAGED that this little girl's murder has not been brought to justice after over six years!

Lin Wood seems to think that given time...we will all just forget and go away. Time just makes us more determined than ever to see this case gets closure and justice be done.

Still here.....after all these years!!!!

20. Tricia

Welcome Home Aurora!

We have missed you.

Thanks so much for the update on JonBenet's gravesite. Not surprising at all.

Aurora the case keeps getting stranger and stranger. Be sure and read all the threads at FFJ to get caught up.

However I have a feeling things may be changing. You never know what seemingly small person, someone nobody notices, will step up to the plate and spill the beans on this whole mess. Somewhere in this whole cluster of a case someone is developing a conscience. Just a feeling I have. Nothing more. :winkaway:

Tricia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice