1. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

I am sorry,I meant the wine cellar.Maybe he moved her only a few feet so he can have no problem stating that he "saw her right away" when he opened the door.That's what I was thinking but didn't put it right.:)

2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Madeleine,

Good point about being in THAT room but in a different spot. Weren't there some window screens leaning against the wall? I remember from years ago when there were some questions about the screens from me and now don't remember why. So be it. There was a lot of stuff here and there so she could have been flat on the floor but behind some of the stuff. And then when not found by others John went and moved her closer to the doorway or light. Good point and one I quite frankly had not thought of...so thanks. You're GOOD! :idea:

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Actually, that does makes a difference. She could very well have been in the wineceller, but deeper back in the dark room, or even hidden behind something. If I recall, there was a darkish blanket in that room. NOT JB's white blanket, but another one that I remember seeing long ago in photos of the wineceller. She could easily have been under that one, still wrapped in her white blanket, and not be seen by anyone looking into that room.

4. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

Zoomama&Dee

There are so many conflicting stories re what happened during JR's trips to the basement that it makes me :banghead:

1.I find it VERY suspicious that he didn't mention the open/broken window to anyone since they were dealing with a "kidnapping".

I wonder when did he come up first with this OPEN window story?When did he mention this?

2.One person looks into that room and sees NOTHING,the other one opens it and sees the blanket AND the body instantly.YEAH RIGHT.

3.The chair issue. I am sorry but I still didn't figure that one out.So around 6 French doesn't see it.Around 6.20 Fleet doesn't see it either.But JR finds it blocking the entrance to the train room between 7-9?I am missing something here!help!

Let's say French or Fleet put the chair back and forgot about it.But JR says there were also some boxes there ,right?I guess French or FW would remember moving a chair and some boxes and putting them back.

All this mess makes me agree with those who say JR was down there way before calling 911 and talking about the chair was a slip.

Still not clear to me.Why did he mention the chair at all.This only confirms there's no way an intruder got out through that window.

And there was me thinking JR is such a good liar. :duh:

22 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't remember doing that.

23 I

24 think my purpose in going down there was to see,

25 to figure how they got in. But I don't remember

1 looking anywhere else on that trip in the

2 basement.

3 LOU SMIT: You didn't got to the wine cellar

4 at that time?

5 JOHN RAMSEY: No.

6 LOU SMIT: How long would you say you were

7 down there?

8 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, a minute. Thirty seconds

9 to a minute.

Soooooo,he figured out how "they" got in in 30 seconds (yeah right) but told NOONE????????????????Geez!

Every sentence above is a BIG FAT LIE!

5. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

Something else....the note says "I will call you between 8 and 10am"...in the 98 interview JR remembers 10-12......
    Dunno about someone else.....but if MY kid would have been kidnapped and murdered and that call NEVER CAME I guess I'd remember those hours pretty well!

But L.Arndt already confirmed that they didn't even look what time it is,so I guess they were NOT expecting any calls anyway.If the note says 8-10 and it's 10 and nothing happens I would go NUTS!!!Seems the R's had NO problem at all with time passing by and the kidnappers not calling.

6. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

Does anyone have ST's e-mail addy?
    I remember it was posted long ago on the support site but it's no longer there.
    TIA:)

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Madeleine,

You have hit on one of my favorite things in the ransom note. With the crowd in the house doing all the things they were doing like cleaning up the kitchen making or serving bagels and coffee and that kind of thing. The time of 10AM came and went without any noticeable nervousness on the part of the Ramseys. How on this freaking efing earth how did they just go on with what ever they were doing? (Of course Patsy was crashing all over the floor in the sun room I think. And John was elsewhere in the house) You are so correct about going nuts when no call came. Wasn't there even a discussion about which day the call was supposed to come on? Such as that day or the next one? I seem to recall that from way back. I don't have the RN handy but it was sort of ambiguous as I recall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice