1. rashomon

rashomon Member

You mean in a courtroom at trial?

Under which conditions was the interview with John Ramsey conducted?

2. heymom

heymom Member

Oh, I was thinking it was something else!! There was no trial!!! Ha ha ha. If not in a legal setting, then I am not sure he is bound by those rules. Don't know for sure, so I'd better hush my mouth. :monkey:

3. The whole interview process was stupid ... should have been done from the get go ... The DA didn't stand a chance since he have ALL the evidence to the Ramseys before hand ...

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

Why was the interview process stupid? These interviews are not meant to discuss in detail every piece of forensic evidence with the supect, but to confront him with it and see if he can offer an explanation. John Ramsey went through the roof, and imo Lin Wood quickly tried to flood Levin with a tirade about the (un)reliabiity of fiber evidence because he wanted to stop John from having to answer Levin's question.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Absolutely. His clients are the people, as such.

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

That's how I understand it too. So Levin would be bound by the same rules as a lawyer representing a client.
    For it would be a gross injustice if a defense lawyer would be bound by rules of professional conduct, but the lawyer acting '"on behalf of the United States" (=the people) would not be bound by such rules too.

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Imagine the stain of honor that would cause, rash.

8. rashomon

rashomon Member

Fiber fabrication?

I looked up page 72 in judge Carnes' 2003 report where it says.
    I know that Carnes only got her 'info' from the biased Ramsey lawyers and from Chris Wolf's lawyer and has not studied the case file.
    But some posters on the CL forum claim that fibers from the ligature were in fact found in JonBenet's bedroom. I suppose they confuse it with the rope which was found in (I think) JAR's bedroom. But this rope did not match the ligature.
    Is there any substance to the claim that cord fibers consistent with the ligature were found in JonBenet's bedroom?

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well, according to Larry Schiller's doc there is. But he might have made the same mistake, so there's no way to be sure.

Although, if it were true, it might mean that my theory is correct: that the crime did not start in the basement, but in her bedroom.

Admittedly, if it were true, it would undermine ST's theory, but not the RDI theory in and of itself. It proves nothing.

10. rashomon

rashomon Member

I too believe that the crime started upstairs, but that JonBenet was then transported to the basement fairly fast to get her out of sight (for example, Burke might have come in), and to stage the garrote scene.

11. AMES

AMES Member

I believe that this is what happened, too. They sure didn't need Burke walking in and screwing everything up.

12. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Then "they" decided; John should go to bed and get some sleep while Patsy does not go to her bed, leaving no evidence of being in her bed that night. Good plan. Special.

13. tylin

tylin Banned

WE don't really know if John got any sleep that night do we?
    Did the bed look slept in on his side? Yes, but that proves nothing. I think Patsy accidently killed JonBenet then yelled for John, telling him to get his arse out of bed. Patsy probably told JR to get his butt in gear and help do----something like move the body, stage the scene, wash off JBR and to think of a good ransom note.

14. Paradox

It is a good one isnt' it?

15. Paradox

And hand the police the legal pad.

16. Paradox

Then why make a conclusion?

17. tylin

tylin Banned

Why not make/draw a conclusion dear, dear Paradox?
    I mean it's not a legally drawn conclusion, hell it's not proven at all but it's my possible conclusion. :coffeeup:

Edited for spelling.

7/1/07
    Edited again...hummm who changed my corrected spelling that was done days ago???? :ghost:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  18. AMES

AMES Member

I agree with you...it is my opinion...that this is exactly what happened.

19. Little

Little Member

This is a part of the puzzle I just do not have a good handle on. There are things that had me thinking that John might have had an idea what happened, but wasn't sure until he read that note. Then there's a part where I think he knew early on. Either way I think he was saving his own butt that morning. If the circumstances had been different (meaning if they hadn't found a way to avoid LE and hadn't had an attorney on the spot to run interference) I think he would have sold Patsy down the river in a heartbeat.

Little

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

And a very plausible conclusion imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice