Rachel Cooke - The Search For Rachel Phase II

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Feb 4, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Rachel Update

The reward for information leading to Rachel's return has been increased to $50,000 so if you are passing out flyers, be sure you go to the Rachel Cooke search site and print out the latest flyers.

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org

Kvue is posting RC's (Rachel's dad) journal:

www.kvue.com

Inside Edition is doing a story on Rachel. It is scheduled to be broadcast Thursday March 5. Since it's syndicated check your local listings. In Austin it's on KVUE 24 at 3:00 PM.

Potential Witness being sought:

The Williamson County Sheriff's Department would like to talk to this man as a potential witness in the disappearance of Rachel Cooke. If you recognize this man please contact the Sheriff at 1-800-253-STOP.

2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Rachel Search Continues - March 9, 2002

The search continues for Rachel. Rachel Cooke has been missing since January 10, 2002 at 11:00 AM

The second full month since Rachel's disappeared comes to an end.

Official Rachel Search Site:

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/index.html

March 9, 2002 check in station.

Copyright ©2002 Jacqueline L. Riggs

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

A Team Gets Briefed

Each team gets a briefing prior to heading out on the search and then de-briefed as they return.

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

More Team Briefings

March 9, 2002 was cold and windy and remained so through out the day as searchers continued to look for Rachel.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Let's Get Moving

6. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Move 'Em Out

Copyright ©2002 Lanny

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Long Day In The Saddle

The search teams arrived at 9:00 a.m. and the last team came in at roughly 6:00 p.m. Several hundred acres were covered by about roughly 40 riders and walkers.

Copyright ©2002 Lanny

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

March 9 search continued

Folks in this area have been super about donating many of the items required for a search.

The owners of Express Gourmets in Leander, Texas delivered a delicious, <b>hot</b> lunch yesterday. These wonderful people donated lunch to approximately 40 searchers and have offered to do so again. Included in the delivery were several meals for the Cooke family so that they don't have to worry about preparing a nutritional meal for a few days; a very thoughtful gesture. Thank you Todd and Ashley.

www.expressgourmets.com

9. Kip

Kip Member

I just got a note back from AMW saying they would forward my suggestion to the producers. It sounded like a canned note, but I didn't get any response back the first three times I wrote. This last time, I explained why the story is of interest to me, and would be to other people like me (besides, of course, the heart-wrenching fact that a young woman has been abducted). I also mentioned other similar stories they have done about young women abducted while jogging and bicycling, and suggested they do a companion piece about how women can be safer doing these activities.

RC, from JR's comment to you above, it sounds like you're "kicking yourself" for not keeping a closer watch over Rachel. All of us parents play this "if only I had..." game when something happens to our children. "It was raining so hard...only I had kept her home from school that day, she wouldn't have that accident" or whatever. There are bad people out there. There always have been and always will be. A tree can fall and kill us (one nearly hit one of my sons), we can get struck by lightening, we can die in an airplane crash, we can get harmed by a stranger. But the odds of any of these things happening are extremely small--and if we live our lives in fear--avoiding flying, avoiding hiking in a remote area, avoiding walking down a tree-lined lane--the quality of our lives will be greatly diminished. What happened to Rachel is terrible beyond words. But if you had tried to keep her safe from all harm, you would not have let her go off to college, you would have accompanied her everywhere--she would have been miserable, and it wouldn't have guaranteed that no harm would come to her. Bad things do happen to good people. You and your family are obviously good people. None of you deserved any of this. Rachel wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary experience of other young people. It's hard, but please don't beat yourselves up over this.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Rachel Cooke Still Missing

The search for Rachel continues.

RC - my thoughts and prayers continue for you, Rachel and the Cooke family. I plan to see all of you this weekend.

How is the planning of the Rachel Walk/Run going?

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

031602 Search

Today's search was vacant property that belongs to Dell Webb. Again, there were horse teams and walkers.

The horse teams at Faith Luthern Church where the searchers met for the days activities.

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Team Briefings

13. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Horses Head Out First

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Saddleup

15. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Ready to ride

16. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Walkers head out

17. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Heading out for a long day in the saddle

18. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lunch in the field

Express Gourmets provided lunch in the field again. Thank you Todd and Ashley.

www.expressgourmets.com

19. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Enriched smoothies were the hit of the day

20. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Pull up a chair

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice