Ramsey 911 Call Project

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Keenan

I don't think she's the brightest bulb on the tree, but no way do I think she is involved in tampering with the 911 tape. Too many detectives heard that tape, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Steve Thomas and others have bootlegged copies of the enhanced tape. Furthermore, don't for one second think that Aerospace doesn't have a copy of the enhanced tape.

I don't know who did what to that tape, but I'm sure the original tape is secure and that the BPD also kept a copy of it if not the original itself. In fact, it's possible the BPD gave the DA's office a copy of the enhanced tape but not the original. Who knows? That place is just plain weird.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Don't forget

The Boulder Police Department dreaded turning the information regarding the 911 call and its enhancement over the District Attorney's office so bad that they kept it a secret for months. The Hunter camp found out about it after the cops had to hand the case over to them for the Grand Jury.

Steve's book beautifuly describes a look of shock or two floating around the room.

RR

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  3. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

RR, I don't blame ST for being concerned, I am too. I'm trusting BPD made copies of both before relinquishing them to Keenan.....

4. RiverRat

Blow Hard II

Nose-Candy is green with envy just like she is everytime someone other than her makes a contribution the conversation.

The efforts underway now are the result of the FFJ members not swallowing (unlike mame) the spoon-fed regurgitated spin that emmits from the Swamp Creatures.

Carry on, Spade and Tricia, and never stop.

RR

5. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I need to clear up a few things.

A poster at Susan Bennett's forum (Sam) posted the following:

"Tricia is stating a magnet was used to destroy the conversation on the tape of Burk Ramsey."

Sorry I have stated no such thing. Although I will say I believe our poster Spade when Spade posted this information. Thanks again to Spade for bringing us this update.

Some people might wonder why it's such a big deal if Patsy can be heard saying "Help me Jesus" at the end of the tape. Let's leave out Burke and John for the moment.

Why is it such a big deal that we can hear Patsy say, "help me Jesus?"

Because Ramsey attorney Lin Wood went on national TV and said the voices were not there and the Boulder P.D. lied. Lin Wood needs to have this tape shoved in his cake hole to stop his lying. In my opinion Lin Wood never dreamed Boulder DA Mary Keenan would release the tape. He thought his lies were safe.

Let's look at what Lin Wood said on Dan Abrams July 17th 2003.

And when Michael Kane admits that there’s-quote-unquote - “something thereâ€, that’s a word game. There’s something there after the phone hangs up. There’s about five or six seconds of noise. There’s no conversation there. It’s not Burke. It’s not John. It’s not Patsy. And that’s the lie that the Boulder Police Department told about this tape.

It's not Patsy.

Yes Patsy is on the end of the tape saying, "Help me Jesus." We can hear it. Just like Steve Thomas said she did.

I know Burke and John are on there too.

Why then did the Ramsey's lie about Burke being asleep?

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

What you're asking for here has already happened!

7. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

BobC

What part already happened?

huh? Tell us more.......

8. Spade

Spade Member

Update

Two labs working with the 911 tape/cd reported progress in the past few days. Software provided by LE creates a graph that pinpoints the exact location of sound at all levels i.e. "beneath" the sound of the attempt to erase.

Please be patient. We are absolutely on the right course. A LE friend who has listened to the ORIGINAL 911 tape 50+ times has monitered this project and confirms what we are discovering.

9. 1000 Sparks

Spade

Is this the 1st time this tape has been enhanced? Who has the

Thought Steve Thomas had heard it with Burke and John's voice. Who has the 1st enhanced tape if Keenan doesn/t?

What is the plan whenn you get the tape back?

Who are you gonna give this too?

What does your friend in LE suggest you do?

Anything we can do to help?

10. Spade

Spade Member

Sparks

Is this the 1st time this tape has been enhanced?

Aerospace Corp "enhanced" the Ramsey 911 tape in April 1997. I assume that tape is in the custody of the Boulder DA's office.

Thought Steve Thomas had heard it with Burke and John's voice.

My LE friend affirms everything Steve Thomas says is on the tape.

What is the plan when you get the tape back?

A 2nd private lab run by an ex-FBI audio expert is standing by to take the report and the original media (tape & CD) and duplicate the process. Assuming that this 2nd lab verifies, we will then release the findings to the media.

11. RiverRat

Thank you, Spade

It feels like this plan is finally coming together.

I'm with WY - how can anyone NOT hear Patsy speak after the click? The desperate plea to God to get her through this charade, a performance more far reaching than a dramatic reading talent display in a contest for a crown.

You can hear her. Saving herself.........Not JonBenet.

RR

12. 1000 Sparks

thanks

Spade. That's kinda what I thought. Why is it that the rst keeps saying there is nothing on there when they know it is coming out???

Patsy sounds like she is chanting (WY is the one that said that to me). She wasn't crying, sounds desperate, scared. Sounds like she knew she was in trouble. Like RM, she didn't seem concerned for JB... the performance had to being.

What media ya taking it too? Local Boulder station? That would be a nice start.

Thanks again Spade.

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Reality bites

This is really frying the RST's butts. They can't discredit the information, so they try to discredit the messenger.

Shhhh. Listen. Can you hear it? That whistle you hear in the distance is the karma train approaching. Toot toot.

14. Spade

Spade Member

Shadow

asked on another thread about why this is taking so long. The answer is simple: The labs that are helping with this are not being paid. However, I do have a meeting tomorrow that may produce some news.

15. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Thanks, Spade... actually I posted my post on the wrong thread. I'd like to repost what I said about Aerospace...

Several years ago, I worked on a proposal in Huntsville Alabama responding to a NASA RFP. My company's joint venture partner was Aerospace - I worked directly with three guys who flew in from LA to help on the prop. I asked if they knew anything about the JBR case 911 tape enhancement and was told by one guy that "there is definately words after PR finished talking to the 911 operator" but no one is saying what.

I guess my question should have been why is the tape being re-enhanced? Am I correct in assuming that people outside of law enforcement and suspect lawyers have a copy and are doing another enhancement?

BTW, what is it with Candy? She seems to have joined the hate the Whites crowd.

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Go for it, Spade!

I can't wait to get Spade's news about the tape.

I was just thinking--what if there is even MORE on the tape than what BPD has released to the public.

What if Patsy were saying something like: "Help me Jesus, I didn't mean to do it".???

You know the prosecution must have some aces in the hole.

Smit and Co. and Limpwood didn't ferret out ALL of the prosecution's case.

17. AK

AK Member

LOL, LXIV!

What if Patsy said, "Help me Jeesus, and darn you Lin Wood for making me do this!"?

Candy is a shell of the reasonable poster she used to be. She got too close to Darnay and lost her objectivity. It's a shame to see how mean she has become.

18. Spade

Spade Member

thanks

for the supportive posts. I met today with one of the labs and received mixed news. I am awaiting a copy of a spectograph of the 11 second period following Patsy's unsuccessful attempt to hang-up the wall phone. When I receive the image, I will post it along with an explanation from the person who created it.

The bad news is that I owe the Boulder DA's office an apology. I posted earlier that their attempt to erase was "amateurish". I was wrong. They did a semi-professional job. Not quite up to the quality of redactions on the "Columbine" 911 tape but certainly worthy of a semi-pro as opposed to an amateur i.e. the 18 second gap in the Nixon tapes.

I hoped to reproduce the efforts of Aerospace Corp as to the tone of voice John Ramsey uses in addressing Burke and share this "AH HA" moment with all of you. Thanks to the redaction I don't have a high confidence factor that it will be possible. However, we will muddle on and who knows we may persevere.

I will post the section of the "legal secretary's notes" that talk about the 911 call and the spectograph in seperate posts.

19. Spade

Spade Member

B***** on 911

This section of the "legal secretary's notes" have already been posted by jams. Jams received them from ex- who had received a copy from me. I am not going to redact any names but please don't waste your time or the time of the Aerospace engineers with mamesque phone calls.

While re-listening to the recording of the 911 call made by Patsy
    in the early morning of December 26, detectives thought they
    could hear a conversation in the background while Patsy was
    attempting to hang up the phone. On April 21, Det. Melissa Hickman flew to Los Angeles to meet with Mike Epstein and Jim Roeder, engineers at Aerospace Corporation, for purposes of enhancing the recording of the 911 call received at the Boulder Regional Dispatch Center.

At her first meeting with the three engineers, Hickman was told that it appeared that the cassette had been recorded in a Dictaphone format which would require a special recorder to recopy. Hickman drove to the nearest Dictaphone company which was located in the San Fernando Valley. A Dictaphone technician examined the tape and told Hickman that the information was not recorded in Dictaphone format. Hickman, feeling the frustration of the proverbial goose chase, returned to her hotel.

That evening, Roeder called her at the hotel and asked her to return to Aerospace. Roeder had decided that the tape probably had been recorded on a regular format which could be copied digitally by their computer. A hard drive disk was made of the tape, and this disk was copied to a JAZ drive, a large disk with more memory than a standard floppy disk.

On the morning of April 22, Hickman met again with Roeder in his office at Aerospace. The detective and the engineer went to a small lab to work with the disk to try to filter out extraneous noise and enhance the voices in the background. Roeder made several variations using different noise reduction settings, and those recordings were then copied onto the JAZ drive. They returned to Roeder's office where they were able to further enhance the disk. With this latest enhancement, they were able to hear two voices on the tape one of which sounded like a juvenile male, and the second one appeared to be Patsy. The first words seemed to belong to the juvenile, and then Patsy is heard to say, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus." The voice again appeared to be the "juvenile male saying, "Please, what do I do?'' Hickman and Roeder agreed to meet again in the morning to continue enhancing the tape.

When Hickman returned to Aerospace the next morning to meet with Roeder, he said that he had continued listening to the disk after Hickman had left for the evening. He and another engineer had played the original version of the 911 call that had been transferred to the JAZ drive and found that to be the clearest recording. Both engineers had heard three distinct voices on the tape and written down that they thought was being said. The tape
    was then played for Hickman. After listening to the tape three or four times, Hickman heard John Ramsey say “We’re not speaking to youâ€. In what sounded like a very angry voice. Patsy then says, “Help me Jesus, help me Jesus,†and finally Burke is clearly heard to say, “ Well, what did you find?â€, with an emphasis on the word “did.†After Hickman told the engineers her impression of the conversation, Roeder handed her a piece of notepaper containing the conversation heard by himself and his fellow engineer – the conversation as written down was exactly as Hickman herself had just heard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice