Ramsey 911 call

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

They're so full of it, I think they'll need more than a depends....

2. Ginja

Ginja Member

"Why?", she asks?

Helllloooooo Tricia...I may not be as bright as BobC, but you don't know the answer to that question???

Seriously, why do you think Wood worked so hard to get the BPD off this case? He couldn't get away with his scams and lies with the BPD on the case.

So he "got" Keenan on his side doing exactly what he wants her to do. Then she turns around and stacks the deck of ever getting an unbiased, objective investigation. She not only hires Lou Smit, but she brings in John Douglas!

Woody's right where he wants to be...controlling the whole thing. The prosecutor's on his side, he gets dumbo Darnay to agree to stipulated facts in Wolf, ergo the infamous Carnes decision, an investigation filled with Ramseys' people.

You really think Keenan's going to blink if Wood says the cops edited the 911 tape?

I don't think so.

You're getting really good with these exposes, Tricia. I hope this latest scandal with the 911 tape bites them really good in their collective :behind: :behind: :behind:

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

You've all heard the expression

"give a man enough rope, he'll hang himself."

I don't think anything will happen to the Ramseys (legally) because of the public disclosure of the voices at the end of that 911 tape. It isn't information the BPD didn't already have since early in the case, and it isn't information Keenan herself hasn't heard if she has listened to that enhanced tape. If it didn't result in getting the Ramseys arrested back then, it won't get them arrested now. If Burke's voice is on that tape, and I believe it is, along with JR's and Patsy's voices) they lied when they said Burke was asleep in bed, there can be no disputing that.

What they would do, however, is claim, even now, that they were trying to protect him from the media or that they were in such turmoil, they couldn't remember that part. Look how Patsy got away with changing her story on the heart drawn on JB's hand. First she said that she had seen that heart that morning, there was no mistaking what she meant when she said it - the morning of December 26, she claimed to have seen the heart on JB's hand. However, at the next interview, I believe it was the next day, she completely turned her story about seeing the heart around - now she wasn't sure if she just had imagined she saw the heart because she had read about it. Inconsistent stories, but not enough to arrest her for murder or obstruction of justice. At least, not enough by Boulder standards.

What the voices on the tape would do, however, is totally discredit Lin Wood and the Ramseys even further in the public eye. This wouldn't just be Internet fodder, it would be public humiliation once the media gets hold of an enhanced tape where the voices of JR and Burke can be heard.

It has never made any sense to me that John Ramsey would have been hostile to his son during that period. Even if Ramsey were upset because his daughter was missing, was he heard snapping at Patsy? No, he was heard snapping at his young son. I've always believed Steve Thomas when he said the voices were there. I've never been able to reconcile in my mind why Ramsey would be scornful toward his son, unless his son had done something the Ramseys were attempting to cover up and JR was angry with Burke.

But, then, I am one who thought (and still think) Burke Ramsey never should have been cleared of JBR's murder unless and until the Boulder PD had strong and clear evidence of who murdered JBR, evidence that would have exonerated Burke. Here it is almost seven years after the fact, and we have the bozos in Boulder still trying to pin the murder on an intruder. The only thing they can prove is JBR is seven years dead. They can't prove who killed her. And, they can't prove Burke Ramsey wasn't somehow involved. That is not a statement of my belief that Burke was involved, it is a statement of my belief that anyone in that house should remain a suspect until there is substantial evidence to prove otherwise. As it stands right now, that evidence doesn't exist, no matter how the RST tries to spin it. I don't know who killed JBR, but I believe it was someone who lived in that house.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Exactly WY. Until there is an arrest, conviction, or confession no one in that house can totally be cleared.

Ginja I know what you are saying but I still am trying to figure out why now? Why make a fool of yourself like Wood did by going on TV and claiming there is nothing on the tape?

Psychotically egotistical. That's all I can say.

Unless John or Patsy insisted Wood put on this dog and pony show. If that is the case then Wood should have put his foot down and refused.

Either way (in my opinion) Lin Wood was derelict in his duties to his clients.

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

LW knew the taped voices would not be audible over television, so he knew he could get some milage out of it as "yet another BPD lie."

You know, with he exception of Steve Thomas, nobody from the BPD has discussed any evidence, for or against the Ramseys, with the media. So when I keep hearing about police dept "lies" I really want a source. Until someone shows me a source, LW saying the BPD was the source of the leaks is just his opinion and nothing more.

I hope someone like Jane Harmer quits the force, claims mental duress, slander and libel by LW, and sues him.

6. Ginja

Ginja Member

Well, Trish

Don't forget, Tricia, Wood went to Boulder, met with the BPD, and heard the enhanced tape. He went back to Atlanta and threatened to sue the BPD if they weren't taken off the case.

Once they were taken off and it was in Keenan's hands, Wood felt confident he could get away with lying. Officially, the records are now in the DA's hands. As we've seen, she distributes the unenhanced copy of the tape. He's got her in his back pocket. The only people (I guess he thought) that could catch him in his lies were the BPD...which is why he set out from the beginning to discredit them by saying they were liars.

See how it works?

He sowed the seed...the BPD are liars.

He heard the tape, knew the BPD had evidence against the Ramseys, so he threatened to sue the BPD.

Keenan succumbs to his threats and pulls the case.

She's got his backside, so he goes on the air and talks about police lies and oh, btw, here's the real 911 tape...no voices, just Patsy. Proof the BPD lie and fabricate evidence against his clients.

So even if the BPD come out and say...Wood's copy of the tape is edited...who's going to believe them? And besides, what can they do? Arrest him?

We're talking the Republic of Boulder where the DA runs everything...including the issuance of arrest warrants.

The BPD couldn't arrest the Ramseys when the wanted to; what makes you think Keenan's going to back an arrest of Wood?

So your expose is exciting. Wood thought he had this all wrapped up nice and neat.

And then you came along.

He's going to rue the day he sent you that nasty little email.

Of course, Nancy Krebbs could say the same thing, eh? I guess she and Mame rue the day you were called and threatened.

ROTFLMAO....you're doing great, Tricia, keep it up!

7. Tricia

Ginja I have to say, once again, you are correct.

When Lin Wood sent me that nasty email it did something to me. It didn't make me as much angry as it did determined.

We know how dedicated and wonderful many of the posters are concerning the JBR case. It was as if Wood insulted my family.

Although he did apologize to me personally for the email. I have to give him credit for that.

The Krebs phone call. That's what did it for me. I was pretty much done with the Krebs mess but when someone threatens the people I care about I take action. Action being finding out the truth.

Later I am going to post Wood's comments about the 911 tape he made on Dateline and The Today Show.

If anyone has those transcripts handy feel free to post Wood's words. I can't get to it until tonight.

Lin Wood's words will haunt him from now on.

Tricia

8. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

Tricia:

"Ginja I know what you are saying but I still am trying to figure
    out why now? Why make a fool of yourself like Wood did by
    going on TV and claiming there is nothing on the tape?

Psychotically egotistical. That's all I can say."

Could there be more to it? Exposed false statements made to the media may get you loss of credibility. Exposed false statements made under oath during a deposition can get you jail time.

Suppose John says in a deposition that Burke was asleep, then tells NE Burke was awake and crying during the same time period. If the enhanced tape denies the former and confirms the latter, wouldn't Wood perhaps try to diffuse the issue by introducing doubt in pointing to an alleged conspiracy by the BPD and claiming there is no such authentic tape? If such a tape exists, recanting or saying NE did not understand (or edited) won't fly.

The problem with this strategy is that it calls focus upon the issue that Wood is trying to bury. If and when the enhanced tape shows up and confirms Burke's voice on said tape, what Wood has accomplished is to boil himself in hot oil. In other words, stick a fork in him. He's done. I don't think he took this foolish, high risk route except to try to divert some potentially serious consequences from the information on the tape.

9. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

Didn't Michael Kane sort of kind of dispute it-- as much as he could --on the Dan Abrams show?

What on earth did the BPD lie about?

I am sick of people calling Steve Thomas a liar too. I have yet to see proof of one thing that "he lied" about.

However, there are plenty of things the Ramseys lied about when one compares D.O.I. to the interrogation tapes. LOTS.

10. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

1) Burke was actually awake rather than asleep. "They forgot or were protecting him."
    2) John was gruff with Burke so he isn't the "perfect dad." He can say he has an excuse - his child was missing.
    3) Burke asks, "What <b>did</b> you find," hence, he implicates the parents found something that morning but what? The Ramseys can easily state it was the ransom note.

IMH&CPO there is something else going on. Is there is more on that tape that hasn't been leaked and has Lin Wood totally lost what few scruples he had to begin with?

Fast forward. Jammy Sue's friend Dave enhanced the tape and stated there is something on the front end of the tape as well as the back end of the tape. Do you suppose someone figured out what was being said at the beginning of the tape too and maybe that is why all is quiet at the Swamp?

Remember Jameson's stated reasons for ever leaving the case.

Reckon Aerospace threatened to expose Wood?

How is Patsy's health these days? Has anyone heard anything? Could there be a connection to the sudden quiet?

Is this the quiet before the storm?

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Well, it worked so far

Why Wood they stop lying now?

Remember John and Patsy's little interview with the National Enquirer? The dreadful tabloid that the Ramseys hated somehow ended up with an exclusive Q&A session as part of one of those silly little civil suit settlements.

Remember? Patsy made cookies and John made excuses.

Burke was awake that morning?! Oh My! And the Ramseys reported this to WHO? The investigators in charge of their Daughter's murder? Nooooooooo. This Bit of Truth was BackAssWards given to the very ones that the Ramseys despise.

But - Lucky for them - BackAssWards Boulder could Care less.

RR

12. Tez

Tez Member

My take is...

This is the calm before the big storm...It's coming, things are way too quiet everywhere. Wood is even quiet, and that never happens.

Thank you Tricia for the fine job you are doing keeping this front and center.

Now, we can all wait for the fireworks to begin. Personally, I think Keenan should be recalled, she has no business representing the "People's Republic of Boulder" or any other people for that matter. JMO, and only my opinion.

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hot Stuff!

Thank you Spade and Tricia for pursuing this issue of the telephone tape of the 911 call.

This is the most exciting case news I have heard in ages!

Leroy Lincoln is about to be exposed as a complete liar and an obstructor of justice.

Do you think Couric will have a follow-up show featuring one of you and the REAL tape to counteract the false info broadcast by Lin Wood? (I doubt it.)

But Keenan and Co. should sit up and take notice, and also her new guy, Bennett.

14. Tricia

Let’s review shall we?

Spade posted;

The "after hangup attempt" voices on the Ramsey 911 tape have become a holy grail for top data recovery experts around the country. Several of them have been able to make progress. What HAS been established to date, is to absolutely confirm that there ARE voices following the attempt by Patsy to hang up and THAT THEY DID ORIGINATE FROM THE SAME LOCATION AS THE 911 CALL.

This fact was proven by one of the experts who built a robot programmed with all the ambiant sound taking place in the Ramsey house during the 1st part of call and then allowing the robot to listen to the call thousands of times to filter out sound that may have been added. THE ROBOT COULD NOT FIND ANY EVIDENCE THAT THE VOICES DIDN'T ORIGINATE IN THE RAMSEY HOUSE AND DID CLEARLY IDENTIFY THE ACTUAL SOUND OF THE DISCONNECTION. It occured after the voices.

Now here is what Lin Wood told Katie Couric on The Today Show;

Why did the Boulder Police Department fight me tooth and nail to prevent me from obtaining that tape and making it public? The Boulder Police Department did not want the public to know the truth about this case.

They lied about this idea that there was a conversation with John and Patsy and Burke after Patsy tried to hang up the phone. I gave you the tape. The tape that District Attorney Mary Keenan gave to me. It was in fact identical to the tape that was tested by the Boulder Police Department and this alleged conversation with John and Patsy and Burke it's not there. Your folks tested it. The FBI tested it. The Secret Service tested it. It was all a lie and it was part of a theory, a plan, to publicly disseminate information about this family and an effort to assassinate their character. To convince the public that they were guilty when in fact they had no evidence to back it up and this tape exposes it. It's the smoking gun that shows that the Boulder Police Department in fact lied about this family.

One thought. If Steve Thomas lied about the tape don't you think that someone, somewhere, from inside the BPD or even Aerospace would have done something? In fact Aerospace came out with a statement saying, "We stand behind our work." Doesn't sound like much of a denial. Sounds more like someone under a confidentiality agreement trying to say, "HELL YES BURKE JOHN AND PATSY ARE ON THE TAPE. WE JUST CAN'T SAY IT."

Here is a link to Katie and Lin. Watch out though. Katie really asks some hard hitting questions..NOT
    http://www.msnbc.com/news/936080.asp?0cl=c2

A few other points about the Today Show Katie/Lin Love Fest.

Lin Wood is babbling about how Smit was out trying to tell the world about the Ramseys innocence, Wood was out trying to tell everyone his clients were innocent, then Lin Wood comes up with a statement worthy of the Ozzy Osbourn award for clarity;

“…never saw the Boulder Police come out and tell anyone what evidence do you have against the Ramseys because plain and simple they had no evidence.â€

I would like to ask Lin Wood what evidence do you have now that points to the Ramsey innocence? What evidence do YOU have that points to an intruder and just who is this guy? Any ideas?

So I guess because the Boulder Police shut the hell up and weren’t out spilling their guts on the nightly news that was a bad thing?
    I thought police leaks were one of Wood’s biggest complaints.

Actually I heard through the grapevine that Lin’s biggest complaint is The Today Show would not allow old Nellie (his racehorse) to sit on his lap during the interview.

Katie Couric goes on to say; “One of your biggest beefs is that the detective on the case, Steve Thomas, who wrote that book was in fact a narcotics detective and had never been involved in a murder investigation before this isn’t that right?â€

Wood: "You had investigators in this case in the Boulder Police Department that had zero homicide experience. They developed a theory and they tried to find the evidence to support it but couldn’t find it instead of following the evidence they followed their theory and they were wrong."

Notice he never comes out and says Thomas' name. Perhaps he is getting a bit nervous. When has Lin Wood ever been careful about what he says?

I know there are some who don’t agree with Thomas writing a book. I do agree with what he did. I felt he had no choice. Putting all that aside for a moment I would like to ask a question.

If you had to hire someone to investigate a murder of a loved one would you chose Steve Thomas or Lou Smit?

Think about this. Smit has all this experience yet he lets the Ramseys off because John, being a good Christian, said he didn’t do it. Smit has changed his theory to fit the evidence so many times I have lost track. If you would choose Smit then you had better pray that the suspect in your murder case was not a good Christian woman with no prior bad behavior. If so Smit would ask her to swear on the bible, as a good Christian, that she didn’t do it and that would be it.

Now you have Steve Thomas. A very experienced investigator. One who worked night and day to find justice. Thomas gave up what he loved to expose a corrupt system. I don’t know anyone else who would do what Steve Thomas did. Thomas and all of the detectives on the case spent thousands of man hours running down leads that had nothing to do with the Ramseys.

Thomas, as well as the other detectives, let the evidence lead them to the Ramseys. It’s so black and white that it would be funny if it weren’t so tragic.

I know all the good people who worked so hard on this case will be vindicated. No doubt in my mind.

Tricia

15. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Right, Tricia

Lin Wood screwed up royally when he called the BPD liars. Remember what a pretty savvy guy told us recently? LOL - calling someone a liar, if untrue, is libel. Wood is on tape calling the BPD liars. He has now gone quiet - quite unusual for him.

Why is that? I know those voices were on that tape, and so does he know it now. He is going to be publicly embarrassed and discredited when the truth comes out, and it will come out. I also think jameson knows those voices are on that tape. You can bet something has happened to shake the RST up, and I'll put money on the tape.

Just another case of an arrogant mucky muck with a giant ego who went too far. Give 'em enough rope.....

16. AK

AK Member

Right, BobC

There have been no leaks from the BPD, at least since Thomas left. But I hope Harmer never leaves. She will be one of the most important witnesses.

RR, right on about the cookie baking blabbermouths. Maybe someone should send a copy of that article to Woody.

As for what Wood is doing, I think he's not expecting there will ever be a criminal trial. He's been operating under that conceit all along, a fatal flaw, IMO. That's why I'm guessing Haddon has to reach for his barf bag every time Lin tries to "help" the case. In reality Wood is to Haddon as Hoffman is to Wood, wholly different classes of attorneys. Wood's ego and greed won't let him actually protect his clients since his actions are really screwing them in the long haul.

Tricia, picking between those two is like asking me which Stooge I'd like to french-kiss, Larry or Curly. They're both a coupla knuckleheads.

17. Tricia

Fedorax please go back and read my question. Well here. Let me re-post it for you.

"I know there are some who don’t agree with Thomas writing a book. I do agree with what he did. I felt he had no choice. Putting all that aside for a moment I would like to ask a question.

If you had to hire someone to investigate a murder of a loved one would you chose Steve Thomas or Lou Smit?

Every is welcome to answer this question except Fedorax. Fedorax will just bring up that french kissing Stoogies comparison again. Jeesh!"

Fedorax how could you miss that? :)

18. AK

AK Member

OK, then, I get it.

Shemp. :D

Actually I think both cops probably have their good points. Hidden to me, but evident to each other and others. They're just not right for this case, IMO.

19. Ilene-Sue

Ilene-Sue Member

Smit's had -- what 6 years to "solve" it? Where's his intruder? The "intruder" all the profilers say either had to be familiar with the house, knew the Ramseys and were jealous.

Thomas had it solved. Sort of.

But actually I'd want Mike Corona with Thomas assisting. Two hunks, since we are talking about french kissing.

20. Spade

Spade Member

More 911 news

One of the firms working with the 911 tape has spent the last few days identifying a sound ADDED TO THE TAPE following the attempt by Patsy to hangup. It begins right after the 2nd "Help me Jesus" and has been laid over John and Burke's voices in an attempt to obscure them.

This firm received the tape in its original envelope from the Boulder DA's office. Now who at the BPD or DA's office (the previous custodians of the tape) would do or even want to do anything like that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice