Ramsey Tipline

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Oct 30, 2005.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

bump

So it now looks like this guy has been actively gaining ownership of domains with JonBenet's name in them. There are two faux "foundations" for collecting money, but they never gained non-profit status as far as I can see, so no donations were solicited...?

Was he just setting up all he could get in JonBenet's name for possible business later? Since the domain addresses cost something like $300/each, or at least, that's what he paid for the domain for Maketoast, that seems kinda' pricey to just hold on to. Did he think someone would want those domain names and he'd make a lot of money from that?

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Where does it say (granted I skimmed this in a hurry so may have missed it) that domain names cost $300.00?

You can get them for a dollar-three-ninety-eight! (Actually the last one I got was $7.95, I think.)

Oh wait, I just checked godaddy.com...they are running a special for $1.99!

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, well, my ignorance is showing again. But I thought the old maketoast said in that WS thread that Brandon/new maketoast paid $300 for the maketoast.com domain...? Or maybe Brandon said that to Tricia? I'll have to re-read.

Anyhow, once I tried to buy a domain name, and I couldn't even figure out how to get a response from the sellers. So I have no idea. But if you say that's what they cost, then I guess old Brandon didn't have to spend much to try to corner the JB cottage industry online...heh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice