Ramseys Appear In Denver Federal Court

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Yeah, I don't like the looks of this. Drag it out, that's a common tactic used by lawyers. I hope FOX doesn't settle this case, but I've got a feeling...

Look at it this way - the longer the case drags on, the more money it costs FOX. They'll settle for small potatoes compared to the millions it will cost them to defend the case, and once again Wood will crow about how the Ramseys have won another case and how that proves their innocence.

I could puke.

2. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Thanks Cherokee!! While I've kinda given up posting concerning the JBR Case (I don't have anything worthwhile to add), I do read the postings on this forum, and yours are most interesting. I was once sued for $50,000 and settled for $500, so I know the rationale behind settlements, but I do hope FOX decides the publicity they get is worth the loss of money.

Anyway, I'm following this closely thru your posts Cherokee...

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

You're welcome, Shadow. :) Back in the day, when I was just a lurker before I joined any forum, I remember reading your posts. I wish you were still posting frequently, but I understand your reason for not doing so. Some days, it seems like everything Ramsey has been discussed to death.

I was really disappointed to find the Fox case will drag on for at least another year, unless they decide to settle. I wish we had a Fox News "insider" who could tell us if they plan to take it all the way, or if they're just making Lin Wood and the Ramseys sweat a bit.

4. Tez

Tez Member

I'm wondering if the reason the next court date was set so far in the future is a scheduling conflict of Wood's. He is taking Kobe to court after all. I haven't heard of any dates on that case, but maybe that is why it has been set so far ahead.

I hope FOX doesn't settle. I hope they have the guts to finally confront the Ramsey's on their lies.

If the FOX case goes ahead, then I think Limp Wood is going to have his head handed to him twice in Denver. I don't think he has a chance of winning the Kobe case, if it goes to trial.

I wonder if Lin has found a home in Denver yet? He's going to be spending lots of time there!

BTW, did I read that Gary Condit has settled all the suits he filed? Or was I just hallucinating? If he did, I wonder how much Lin made? I wonder if he'll brag about those too?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Hey Tez.....

Yep, I think I see a karma train coming down the Denver line headed for the Woodster.....Oh Happy Day when it rolls into the station! :balloons:
    I personally don't think that FOX is going to settle....Will be very surprised if they do, I think that pride and a realization that they have a lot more to gain by holding out, will prevail with them...

Hope So anyway...
    Voyager

6. Niner

Niner Active Member

Oh - good! I'll have enough money saved by then - I can do the trip!! :jumpie:

praying FOX will NOT settle!! :angel:

Cherokee - hope you don't mind, but I copied your posts on the trial date to the JonBenet Yahoo forum - just to keep them up to date!

7. Elle

Elle Member

Not another year???

Oh good grief! Another year! :-( Thank you for posting this, Cherokee.

8. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Thanks Chero for providing us with this information. I suppose if it's so far in the future, there's a chance it will fall during my vacation - which means I won't have to be as brief a trip as I was planning otherwise :)

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I loved the picture you posted, Moab. Justice bus or peace train, I'm already wanting to climb on but most likely it will be in spirit only. September is a beautiful season in the Rockies.

10. Prairie

Prairie Member

The reason for the 2 million figure is that it's nothing to Rupert Murdock, knowing that they would have settled for much, much less. The figure was low to entice Murdock to settle. But he's not taking their bait. Oh, no. Their strategy didn't work. They must have crapped their collective pants.

JMO.

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Prairie I hope you are right!!!!

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Copied post

I posted this at my Delphi forum some time ago. It's topical ;-)

13. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Thank YOU Cherokee

Thank YOU Cherokee for the court docket. :)

I now have web pages up of many of the Ramsey vs Fox News civil suit public documents. I have them available in both TEXT (Thanks to the help of DejaNu) and .PDF formats. The TEXT on each of the web pages matches the format of the corresponding .PDF file and is set up as 'printer ready' for those who wish to print the documents.

http://www.acandyrose.com/ramsey-v-fox.htm

Please feel free to copy this information to other forums so these documents will be available to everybody for their own personal use or for discussion on the forums.

ACandyRose
    http://www.acandyrose.com
    ==============================================

14. Elle

Elle Member

Jayelles

You had me laughing this morning, Jayelles. What a great article that was! I enjoyed the part with all the libel papers being carried in. Isn't it ridiculous the way these charletons earn their money. Tag Lin Wood and the Ramsey's name to the list.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Deja and ACR

Thank you Deja :star: and ACR :star: for all the time taken over the Fox papers.

So much appreciated!

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

What Elle said!

Thank you both so much for your tireless work.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

You're most welcome, ACR, and a big THANK YOU to you and Deja for all your hard work on the court documents. What an amazing effort.

18. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Thank you all for the articles.

Some people on the internet ought to take note of what you have done without expecting fawning praise and how you posted it 13 minutes before anyone else. (Why knowing something 13 minutes before anyone else, is so important is something I can't understand...unless your house is on fire.)

Gee...didn't Candy say she OWNED the public court doc records? lol Hir might have a rude awakening to find out that ACR and company own them too!!!

19. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Something got changed along the way.

According to the Vail Daily News, Wood sued Fox for 12 million.

He sued Fox News for $12 million, saying a reporter intentionally ignored evidence clearing the Ramseys when she stated in a report that "there has never been any evidence to link an intruder to (JonBenet's) brutal murder."

(scroll down for the JBR mention.)
    http://www.vaildaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040903/NEWS/109030012

How did it get reduced to 2 million?

Did Wood change the amount so Fox might settle a bit easier?

20. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

There was no change. The 2 million is for compensatory damages. 10 million is for punitive damages . These are the numbers in the FEB. 17, 2004 – FIRST AMENDED COMPLAINT.

There is some interesting stuff in the Amended Complaint that I will be posting about in a few days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice