Ramseys vs FOX News/Carol McKinley

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Sep 29, 2004.

1. messiecake

messiecake Member

Agreed 100% AND I really wish everyone who helped Jackson (either directly by procuring children,accepting payments etc OR indirectly by simply "looking the other way" or failing to report what they saw to LE) would be held accountable.

I belive theres NUMEROUS victims,this all likely began in the early/mid 80's and theres numerous people who have helped keep all this evil under wraps (I include the whole Jackson family,Lisa Marie,Debbie Rowe etc) .

Thankfully however I think the newest case will be MJ's downfall and he'll lose everything and the the truth(not matter how disturbing) will be brought out into the open.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

There were at least two boys who were paid off for sure--and when Jordie's parents threatened to sue MJ for molesting him, MJ said "it wouldn't be the first time" and arrogantly said his lawyer would "take care of it." MJ's people were vicious--and scared several parents off suing him in the past. That being said, Jordie's parents were/are anythig but symapthetic characters. They absolutely fascilitated all of it and were active paricipants until Evan decided he was going to extort money out of MJ.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

So, Jordie's just the kid in the middle, right? I think his parents are, at the very least, guilty of supreme stupidity. I'd hate to think they deliberately set up their own son to be MJ's little playmate just in order to blackmail MJ, but it seemed to me at the time and still does that they prostituted their son for their own financial gain, making them no better than pimps for their own flesh and blood. That would make both MJ and the parents dead wrong, but the injured party in all of it is still the boy, who seems to have used by all of them.

I can't tell you how that makes my blood boil.

4. BobC

well not exactly--it was Michael who set everything up. He showered everybody with expensive presents, trips ect and was very manipulative to the point where everybody trusted him. Before long, MJ was sleeping with Jordie in THE SAME BED in Jordie's mother's home for months, literally. The parents, of course, didn't apply the same standards they'd apply to, say, me, because MJ was famous and fabulous. I'd be a lot less harsh on the parents if this serial molestation was happening during day passes at Neverland.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3267087,00.html

Officials fighting records requests
    Boulder authorities don't want to release files on Ramsey case

By Karen Abbott, Rocky Mountain News
    October 20, 2004

Boulder law-enforcement authorities are resisting records requests from Fox News Network, which is defending itself against a defamation lawsuit filed by the family of slain 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan and the Boulder Police Department have asked the Colorado U.S. District Court to throw out the network's request for records in connection with the child's death.

Colorado U.S. Magistrate Judge Patricia Coan has not yet ruled on the issue.

JonBenet Ramsey's parents and brother sued Fox News last year over a 2002 broadcast by network employee Carol McKinley which stated there never had been any evidence linking an intruder to the murder of JonBenet.

She was found beaten and strangled in the basement of her Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996. No one has been charged in her death.

Both Keenan and a federal judge in another state have said there is substantial evidence that the child was killed by an intruder.

Keenan said in court documents that Fox wants too many records, and they remain legally confidential because the murder still is being investigated.

"Fox seeks production of what amounts to every document ever created or obtained by the District Attorney's Office related to the investigation of the unsolved 1996 homicide of JonBenet Ramsey," the court documents said.

Keenan also fears that, because of widespread media interest in the death of JonBenet, the lawsuit might become a "vehicle to broadcast confidential materials related to the ongoing investigation."

In addition, the court documents said, disclosure of confidential information would discourage citizens from providing more information, and revealing the identities of informants would harm them, "likely exposing them to unwanted media attention and possible danger."

The Boulder Police Department said it had turned over all its records to Keenan in 2002, when she took over the investigation.

(I read it & copied it from cybersleuths.)

6. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

7. Watching You

Well, JC, you may have swiped that newspaper article that Cranky posted 13 seconds before anyone else, but at least your contribution here will be acknowledged and probably discussed - something that won't happen at CrankySluts, because The Crank drove everyone away.

Anyway, in other quarters, Keenan's attempts to stop FOX from getting evidence that could help their case would be called obstruction of justice. Standard MO in Boulder, though.

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

:)

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I hate this kind of inaccurate reporting ... it influences people who don't know the facts.

JonBenet was not BEATEN as in multiple blows all over her body. She had a fatal head injury inflicted from one blow.

JonBenet was not STRANGLED as we think of most victims of strangulation. The hyoid bone was not even broken.

This kind of reporting only serves to try to make the Ramseys look better ... what fine, upstanding parents would beat and strangle their child?

What happened to JonBenet was horrific, but it was not the scenario these kinds of words paint.

Just as Dr. Lee said, and he has seen all the evidence, the injuries to JonBenet are more consistent with some type of non-premeditated accident that was covered up by family members for their own reasons.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  10. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I hope Fox gets the records.

11. Watching You

Well, you know, Lin Wood counts on the fact that Keenan refuses to release records necessary for anyone to defend themselves in the lawsuits he brings. He knows the JBR case is an open murder case and that Keenan will fight giving those records to anyone, no matter what the reason. It makes it nearly impossible for the defendents to mount a suitable defense. It has been thus since the first lawsuit the Rams and Wood instituted. I suspect that were those records released, the Ramseys would not have had all the settlements they got.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Me too! I wish we knew how to help them get them JC.

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Arggghhh! I hope Keenan releases the records! You'd think Fox would have a legal right to the records.

Keenan's such a heartless beeach...she certainly doesn't want to deal with JonBenet's murder...she'd have to do her job and take it to court. So I greatly doubt Fox will get the records.

14. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Candy ever admit she was wrong and Tricia legally obtained the depo? Or is her gutter gossip lovin' little groupie heart still refusing to admit she made an error and Tricia and all out scooped her?

15. Little

Little Member

2 resist Fox bid for JonBenet records

Sisu at C&J posted this. I didn't see it here so I thought I would post it just in case.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for this update, Little. I think Fox will have a tough time getting these records released. I hope they can get round this.

17. BobC

18. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

Wow

Bobc - incredible! I don't know how you can do that amazing artwork.

19. BobC

Thanks Miss Texan! It's a lot of pressure and highly technical, but I love my job. MTV just had a party for us but I stayed here because I had to go on to my real team (the one I was hired for) --the Demonik project. Did you see my old employer, Acclaim, just went bankrupt? The few friends I had still working there came in one day and all the doors were locked! This is like a depression. My housemate Shawn just found out his company is going to have a wave of lay-offs on Monday and he's scared to death. Half of Austin is unemployed right now. Pretty scary.

20. Elle

Elle Member

Bob,

This artwork is very impressive. The first frame. I take it is from a real photograph of a city, with construction of pipes in the middle (?). Is this also from a real photograph of some kind of mechanical construction, with art inserted in part of it? Or is the whole shebang in the middle strictly all computer artwork?

I remember you posted some of your cartoon art from the newspaper it was in, or magazine, and I was impressed back then. I wish you all the best with your new game "Bloodrayne."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice