Remember the Hi-Tec Boot print? And partial palm print?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Angel, Aug 23, 2002.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Burke would never own those ugly-*** shoes. Just kidding.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, maybe that's

Burke's body but not his ugly-assed shoes. I remember Orenthal Killer Simpson saying that on cross-examination by Petrocelli - "that's my body but those are not my shoes," are something like that, hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And, to think there are still those who think the Killer Simpson is innocent.

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

BobC

I have that tape and barring putting it on again & rewatching it, this is something of what Pats told Larry during that confrontation with Steve. Funny thing is, Steve isn't that much younger than Patsy. She sure looks a lot older than him, tho.

"This was not this young man's fault I don't fault this young man, I truly don't. He did not have good leadership to lead him down a path to find the killer of this young child."

I specifically remember her calling him the young man and talking about no one leading him down the path to find the killer of "this young child" or something like that.

4. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

You mean OJ's not innocent, WY? Well, I'll be damned!!! :)

Hey, BobC, that was an excellent (and probably pretty accurate) analysis of the whys and wherefors of the Smit/Ramsey relationship. And all the time I thought it was because he fell head first to the floor when demonstrating how the intruder climbed in the basement window.

And BTW, Bad Bob, I tend to agree with your theory that men know men and women know women. I've been married 47 years (yeah 47!!!) and still can't anticipate what in the hell Mrs shadow will do next any better than I could when we were dating. Hey, I control the remote - what more can a guy ask for??

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Thank you thank you Angel! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I had a few words right, lol!

6. BobC

Damn Angel you're pretty good!

Thor yeah I remembered that exchange between ST and Patsy. Notice her concerned, protective attitude towards ST. Sounds just like the concerned, protective tone of the ransom note ("be rested...")..

Hi Shadow! I am guilty as well of being conned by women--I mean notice I like Patsy but can't stand JR. My secret shame is Patsy makes me want to protect her (Watching You, get ready, set, go! GAG!!!). I really believe she has suffered enough but if JR did the murder it wouldn't bother me a bit if he went to prison. It's fun being a hypocrite!

I knew a girl once who went out to clubs with a guy she was seeing, and he actually told her not to tell anyone she was his girlfriend--plus he would take phone numbers of other girls right in front of her. She asked me if I thought he would eventually marry her. I was like uhhhhhhhh....

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Yes, I saw this

and I remember it very clearly. I gagged all through that show, BobC.

Male vs female perspective - you see this as the cunning and manipulative Patsy doing her con job on Steve Thomas - touching his arm, saying she understood this wasn't his fault.

You know what I saw this as? It was demeaning and a deliberate slam to ST. Patsy knew exactly what she was doing - there was nothing sweet about it. She was saying - you were inept and inexperienced, but it wasn't your fault, nobody ever taught you how to do it right (like the seasoned Lou Spit, haha). She put him down, arrogantly declared that his training as a police officer meant nothing and nothing he did was right. It was more of the Ram arrogance and better-than-thou attitude. "I don't blame you..." What a b!tch. She was so phoney, I'll bet every smart woman in the country wanted to b!tch slap that sneer right off her painted on face.

The Ramseys are both bullies and so is their lawyer. It will all turn around on them one of these days, though. I have no problem waiting for it to happen, because I know it will. Karma's a beech.

8. BobC

WY!! If you slapped Patsy would you catch something?

Patsy Ramsey's extensive law enforcement experience is legendary. She was right to criticize ST.

9. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Does anyone have the hardback copy of Schiller's book handy? If so would you mind looking at the photo of JonBenet on the back of the dust jacket? If I am not mistaking she is wearing shoes that zip up the front and they remind me of the shoes Moab posted.

I am wondering if the whole family had hi-tek shoes?

By the way, this was probably discussed on another thread and I probably missed it, but in the Sept. 17, 2002 issue of the Enquirer they too go with the story of the hair being Patsy's, the shoe print being Burke's and the palm print being Melinda's.

They write that Fleet White remarked to the police, "What if I were to tell you that the Ramseys' had hi-tek shoes?

By the way, Patsy makes me ill to even see or hear her speak. I was shocked when my banker and I were discussing the case a couple of years ago and he made the remark, "You know, I just can't stand that Patsy Ramsey."

Great thread everyone!

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

PMPT

From the back cover.

11. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Etecetera ...

Likewise, I too thought of that picture of Jonbenet on PMPT back cover. Her shoes were quite note worthy.

I do think that the Ramsey family was quite conscientious about boating apparel and I'm convinced that they would all have owned Hi-Tech boots, shoes, etc for boating, hiking, biking and what ever other needs that sports and healhy minded people required for their activities.

But, whoever, brought Jonbenet's shoes to the forefront, "Thanks" .... it just goes to show you that the Rams, like OJ, owned a lot more shoes than any one of us will ever know.

Regards,
    Mandarin

12. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Thanks for posting that photo!

I just did a search at the www.hitec.com site for stores that sold Hi-Tec shoes. There were none listed for Boulder, CO. There were three stores listed as selling Hi-Tec in Denver, CO.

Finally this store in Charlevoix, Michigan is listed as a seller of Hi-Tec shoes.

Hi-Tec Dealer Search Results CAREYS BOOT SHOP
    219 BRIDGE ST
    CHARLEVOIX, MI 49720
    Phone: (616) 547-2761

What you want to bet that if the police did a seach or talked to a person that worked in one of these 4-stores in 1996 or a little earlier, they would have remembered selling Patsy the shoes. I can't imagine John taking the kids shopping.

On 48-Hours on Oct. 04, 2002 did anyone catch the phrase that John used when he was talking to Loose Mitt? John made the statement that Patsy loved "both" her kids, but she and JonBenet had a special bond. It sounded to me that John considered JonBenet and Burke Patsy's children, and the 3-by his first marriage as his.

I forgot to search for stores in Atlanta, GA. Will try to do that later.

zap, just call me shoes.

13. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Sorry

I just have to express my feelings on the taps. Globe did a wonderful job on the Ramsey story they ran in this last issue. They took the 48-Hour show and answered the questions that Moriarty did not ask.

They exposed Patsy as a liar, trying to mislead people in thinking that the blanket John threw over JonBenet before Patsy feel on top of her, (in my opinion she did this on purpose to try to get her DNA all over JonBenet.) Is this why John was so quick to throw the sofa throw on top of Jonbenet, before Patsy could get to her.

Is this why John held JonBenet by the waist out and slightly above his head, so he would not get JonBenet's DNA on himself. Is this why he told Ardn't, "it's an inside job"?

Is this why John pulled the tape off JonBenet's mouth and left it on the white blanket in the basement?

Was John thinking, "I'm not going to jail for Patsy" He also is the one that handed the police the writing tablet that belonged to Patsy. I would bet you just about anything that John did find JonBenet at 11:00 a.m. as he told Stewart Long he had. I believe that is when he came to realize his wife had killed their daughter.

When they were allowed to leave the house and go to the Fernie's, John, the Rev. and Fernie go for a walk. I believe he discussed his options with the Rev and Fernie at that time, and I believe he may have been advised to stick by his wife because of Burke.

Schiller writes in his book, that when the three came back from the walk, "John Ramsey asked Mike Bynum to represent him".

John almost gave the BPD Patsy, had it not been for Fernie and the Rev. Hoverstock (sp) I think he would have, or if the police had arrested John, he would have given them Patsy. John is a coward.

We all saw how tough John was with the supposed intruder in Atlanta. Got himself locked in the bathroom. Actually, I do not think there was an intruder in Atlanta, (or Boulder for that fact). I think there disgraceful manuscript for their book was on the computer that was supposedly stolen. They could not afford to let all the information be subpeonaed in one of their lawsuits they had filed. I think at least if the question came up, and it did in NYLawyer's deposition of John, where are the notes they took for their book? They claimed they threw them away. I think they were going to say that they were stolen as they were on the laptop the supposed intruder took.

You don't ever throw your notes away when writing a book, or figuring you income tax. LOL

zap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice