Responding to E-mail

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

:rolling:

What IS it with the neck? Yesterday I commented on Wood's :snake: comment that he would like to hug Patsy's NECK

:wtf:

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Wecome to FFJ, BlueStrat!

You've got Patsy nailed down to a T. Where have you been, and why didn't you get here earlier? :D

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

Bwwaahhhaaa!!! Now I'm going to giggle off and on all morning and scare my poor mother-in-law. See what you make me do?!! :D

4. wombat

wombat Member

What I like is the orientation of the dead child's name on the headstone. Her first name and middle name, which are of course her parent's names, are on the top line, then below is Ramsey.

It looks like a movie poster - "Ramsey", starring John Bennett and Patricia, with equal billing above the title.

For a long time I thought that RiverRat's avatar was fake, by the way. I mean, who would do that?

Patsy Ramsey was such a loser. Empty as my margarita pitcher after Lin Wood's tv program last night.

5. heymom

heymom Member

The photo where she is looking into the distance, away from the headstone, is in People magazine this month.

Heymom

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Better than using her head to keep her ears apart...which is what she did with it the rest of the time!
    :floor:

7. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.
    I've been around for long, long years, stole many a man's soul and faith.
    Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name!
    "
    :devil:
    (Yes, that's right, I'm Mick Jagger. I would have posted here sooner, but I've been stuck on this endlessly boring tour.) :martini:
    (Thanks for the welcome!) :D

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, you're just a trouble-maker, " ".

Uh...did the email say anything about my avatar? gulp

9. Elle

Elle Member

You know,WY. I have seen these photos before, and many of us place our hand in that position when confronted with some sad news. I never for one minute ever gave this a thought related to choking (?). It's amazing how everyone looks at something differently, isn't it?

10. Elle

Elle Member

Good idea, Pearlsim. Maybe when Jay replies to the sender of the e-mail, she can clear this matter up, and put an end to the woman's stress. She will be very surprised to find out the woman beside the gravestone is actually Patsy Ramsey.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Maybe when you explain the true situation, Jay, this woman will feel a lot better. I was surprised myself to see the woman in question was Patsy Ramsey. I was expecting to see Susan Bennett. I thought someone had faked a photo.

I have seen this photo before, and never thought anything about it, just Patsy with her hands placed close to her heart, in a position we women often place them in; especially when hearing bad news, or looking at something, such as the ornaments on the grave itelf, and admiring them.

N.B . I am using Jameson's proper name, Susan Bennett, at Tricia's request, so everyone will know who Susan Bennett is.

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm thinking the Rat has reached her limit. She's been trying to have a real life, had a date-thing going she might have blown trying to keep up with the RST tricks this week. Only to have Lacy reveal it's all been one more great big RST hoax. We're all thinking...for THIS we lost two weeks?

Here, RR. Pamper yourself. You deserve it. :bath:

I honestly didn't get that Jayelles' email writer was dissing FFJ or is a IDI theorist.

As some have said, that picture of Patsy is almost unrecognizable, by itself. That's true. First time I saw it, I couldn't believe it. I think it was shown on TV during yet another Christmas anniversary segment on JonBenet's murder, wasn't it? I remember seeing in on TV first, with Patsy and John sitting on a sofa, Christmas tree nearby? Or was it JB's birthday? Was this the one where Patsy played the piano at the end? Sorry, it's been so long, can't remember. I'm sure it's in ACR's archives.

So just saying, the emailer really probably just didn't recognize Patsy at all. I can give anyone who is close to the Columbine massacre some slack, though. I cannot imagine how I'd feel if something like that happened to the children and families in my town. I don't think I'd ever be the same. We were all deeply affected by this, like by 9-11, and we don't live there and know the victims.

I'm sure Jayelles wrote back to the person and said it is an actual picture of Patsy posing at the grave.

So it's no big deal. We all know Patsy was LITERALLY an award-winning dramatic interpretation contestant. She won many awards, in fact, for her dramatic abilities through her young years.

I have always liked RR using the avatar, because she does it for the same reason I use the one I'm now showing: it reveals something about the case that is important.

I think interpretation is open to the viewer. I can see it the way others have said here. But I always thought it was Patsy's expression of "Oh, my poor baby, murdered, buried in the ground, my heart is broken...."

Really, who can say what was going through the wacky mind of Miss West Virginia? Except that she obviously wasn't the talent she once was....

13. Karyn

Karyn Member

Koldkase said:
    As a newbie here I can say that your avatar really did freak me out for a while. I had never heard of the underwear, and I have read more on my own than the average media victim gets shoveled onto them. Now that I understand the significance of the underwear, I absolutely agree that it reveals something important about the case. And I wouldn't ever want someone's avatar to change just because those of us who are new here don't understand that at first.

River Rat - the PR photo in your avatar is the best example of "a picture is worth a thousand words" I've ever seen. :cheerful:

14. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I have to admit that I find the avatar of the panties very disturbing. I've always hated it because it looks like a kid's legs which been scalded or something.

15. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I believe this is the one which first aired on CTV in Nov 2002, the one where Smit gets to put forth his intruder theory.

-Tea

16. Elle

Elle Member

It's so tiny as an avatar RR. I've seen it umpteen times when I read your posts, and I never ever thought it was anything other than Patsy Ramsey visiting her daughter's grave. As I said before, it never ceases to amaze me how other people take a completely different view of things. The other photograph has Patsy just sitting there on the grave. I thought these were just family photos.

This is just one woman's view RR, and we cannot please everyone in this world can we? The main thing is this, we all love you here, and understand you, so nothing else matters, does it? :)

As I posted before, I truly thought the woman was talking about a faked photo of maybe Susan Bennett at the grave (?). Yum Yum is always fooling around with photos. Something like that (?). I didn't realize it was the photo of Patsy Ramsey at the grave, she was talking about.

17. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thank you Elle and everyone else for their opinions. And no, KK - I have not reached my limit. I wake up to find a thread involving myself without any prior warning. First, I was mistaken for Patsy and then I was mistaken for picking a photo of Patsy doing something normal........ :floor:

Time and Time again - I have had to explain my choice for the photo I use to educate.......THAT is what I have reached my limit on. I have no beef with Jay unless she wants there to be one - then - that is also out of my control as with this thread. If this group has not figured out how much I adore and do for them then :beammeup:

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I have refrained all day from participating on this thread, hoping that it would peter out and all would be well.

RR,

I for one, adore you, :heart: :rose: :rose: your brilliant humor :takeabow: and your very hard work on this case.

I hope that two very hard working and important people on this forum will get past this and this will be a small, bad memory for all.

I hope Jayelles feels the same.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I liked the one where YumYum put it in motion. :banme:

20. wombat

wombat Member

I agree with BobC here - although I very much admire Jayelle's work and KK's analysis.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice