Ressler Interview

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Zman

Zman Banned

JBR in the cold

These have always been my own feelings, that the Ramseys couldn't bear the thought of leaving JonBenét out in the cold.

They could bash a hole in her skull and tie ropes around her neck and arms and dump her in the cellar, but they didn't have the heart to lay her body down on the cold ground. Yea, that makes sence.

2. DocG

DocG Banned

Yeah, zman, I agree, that one sounds pretty lame to me too. I think some of the profilers went a bit over the top in trying to characterize this case. Wrapping her in a blanket and stashing her in that "warm" basement room after doing all the other stuff that was done to her, that does NOT strike me as tenderness, no. I don't think the killer of JonBenet would have had any qualms whatsoever about dumping her body out in the cold. This person at that point was thinking ONLY about himself.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Zman, the way you're talking, you have the Ramseys committing premeditated murder. This is not what I think happened. I believe JonBenét Ramsey was a victim of an accidental death. I am accusing the parents of staging a killing NOT A KILLING! I believe there was some kind of confrontation between Patsy and JonBenét, for whatever reason (?).

There may have been an argument in the kitchen, or an angry Patsy Ramsey wakening up an irritable JonBenét at midnight, to go to the bathroom and avoid a wet bed. No! Not premeditated murder.

JonBenét was injured by being thrown around with her mother in a rage, and a very bad head injury was the end result. Just my opinion , of course! DEFINITELY NOT PREMEDITATED. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

4. DocG

DocG Banned

1. You cover murder by making it look like an accident. NOT the other way round, that's pointless.

2. AFTER she died, for whatever reason, you're claiming they then put together a "garotte" and strangled her, getting the thing as tightly around her neck as possible. And then stuck a paintbrush handle into her vagina. How does that behavior fit your theory? Loving, heartbroken parents? Or an incestuous father desperate to cover his tracks at all costs?

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

1. You cover murder by making it look like an accident. NOT the other way round, that's pointless.

Not if that murder was an accident that happened during the commission of a crime, Doc. I don't believe anyone intended to kill JB that night. I do not know how it happened; that is to say, I've never been able to rule EITHER parent out. It could have happened the way you think or the way Cyril Wecht believes it might have happened - that JR was molesting JBR and it got out of hand. Wecht believes the vagus nerve in her neck was depressed, stopping the signal to her heart to beat. Her molester, thinking she was dead, then decided s/he had to make her death look as if an intruder had done it.

Or, it could have been Patsy's just losing it over having to change one too many wet beds in the middle of the night or from JBR refusing to obey her. And, PLEASE, don't anyone tell me there's no evidence of JBR wetting the bed that night. There was a washer and dryer right outside her bedroom. It takes 10 minutes to run a short cycle on a washing machine and another 10 -15 minutes to dry twin-sized sheets, and another five minutes to slap them back on the bed. There was a blanket in the dryer, I believe, when police checked. There is no way of knowing when that blanket was placed in the dryer for drying, but it is possible that it too could have been part of the bedding that Patsy may have washed that night.

So, while you are right that you cover murders by making them look like an accident, there are two things wrong with your reasoning. 1. When that "murder" was accidentally committed during the commission of a crime (i.e., molestation of a child or physical brutalization of a child); and 2. intruders don't stage crime scenes inside their victim's home to make it appear an intruder did it.

2. AFTER she died, for whatever reason, you're claiming they then put together a "garotte" and strangled her, getting the thing as tightly around her neck as possible. And then stuck a paintbrush handle into her vagina. How does that behavior fit your theory? Loving, heartbroken parents? Or an incestuous father desperate to cover his tracks at all costs?

Although I have these same questions, Doc, and I believe it was JR who staged the crime scene, it wouldn't necessarily have to be an incestuous father desperate to cover his tracks at all costs. It could also have been a husband desperate not to have his wife's temporary loss of control cost him his fortune, his business, and his image - no scandal could touch his family. His wife could not be labeled a murdereress; he would see to that. Patsy wrote the note, and John took care of the rest.

Now, before you tell me I'm naive or whatever, please try to remember that I only offer possible scenarios with the understanding that nothing was normal that night - these folks were not operating under calm conditions - and also with the understanding than none of us knows what happened that night and therefore, it is all speculation.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"It could also have been a husband desperate not to have his wife's temporary loss of control cost him his fortune, his business, and his image"

Or it could have been a father desperate not to have his son's temporary loss of control cost him his fortune, his business, and his image.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for the excellent reply to DocG, WY I cannot add a single thing to your post which I agree with 100%.

8. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

one thing for sure-

There is nothing normal about anything related to this case - normal kidnappers don't leave a note AND a body, normal parents don't cover an accident by making it look like a murder, normal pedophiles don't leave ransom notes along with a body and if they are violent they cause more damage to the private parts, deranged killers don't usually cover the body over and if someone were trying to get back at the Ramseys for some reason they would probably leave the body out where the Ramseys would be likely to find it ( who in their right mind would believe the police wouldn't do a search and find the body first?), and they probably wouldn't leave a ransom note either. :no:

9. DocG

DocG Banned

"Although I have these same questions, Doc, and I believe it was JR who staged the crime scene, it wouldn't necessarily have to be an incestuous father desperate to cover his tracks at all costs. It could also have been a husband desperate not to have his wife's temporary loss of control cost him his fortune, his business, and his image - no scandal could touch his family. His wife could not be labeled a murdereress; he would see to that. Patsy wrote the note, and John took care of the rest."

I'm glad your still asking questions, WY. So am I. But I must say I find it VERY hard to accept that John would risk the chair to help his wife cover for a crime SHE committed. He'd risk the chair to protect, what, his image? his business, his fortune? He's lost all three and he hasn't even been indicted. If he'd ratted on Patsy he'd still have all three. There's something charmingly Victorian in the notion that a man would risk so much to save "the honor of his family." C'mon WY, no one in the States has thought that way for at least 75 years.

As far as bedwetting is concerned that's right up there with the stun gun in my book. Sure, both are possibilities. But there's no real evidence of either. Frazzled working single mothers might go ballistic when a child wets the bed. Pampered millionaire's wives with gardeners and maids? Not likely.

Texan, you are right on, there IS nothing normal about this case, at least as it is usually presented. But there IS a great deal of historic precedent for father-daughter incest, even in the best of families. No, normal parents don't cover an accident to make it look like murder, but, as WY sez, an accident occuring during the commision of a crime is a different matter. But what sort of crime are we talking about here? IMO the most likely scenario here is an "accidental" strangulation occuring during an episode of incestuous molestation. That may not be normal, but it certainly is credible. And if that's what happened, I can't think of a single reason why the killer would want to share that monstrous truth with his spouse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice