Retired detective isn't giving up

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Actually, I think this article was a good thing. Puts it into the public that Smit is not officially handling the investigation, is accepting private funds, and this Jameson character keeps cropping up. Her comments about Lacy do not make her :wind: look too good, and I detect a note of sarcasm in the article.

I have always said, if Smit is so good, where is his intruder? A treasure chest of handwriting and DNA, more than what most crime scenes offer, and he still can't find him......

In spite of what the RST claims, this case has had 100 times the resources assigned to it than a run of the mill homicide case.

2. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

“One of Smit's donors is Hickory, N.C., resident Susan Bennett,
    known to many who follow the case by her Internet handle of
    "Jameson." (From article)

Daddy, you were wrong. All Hickory Nuts don’t come from trees.

3. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

That's a good one, easy.

Hey, I don't have a clue as to how the smiley with the umbrella got on my post.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

LOL. Well it fits. Lots of wind coming from N.C and the RST.

5. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Ode To Lou

The “Foreign Faction†joined the French Foreign Legion
    So the “Intruder†was invented for a damn good reason

And even though he left without a trace
    Old Lou invented “clues†to fill up the space

A footprint here and a handprint there
    All were explained but Lou didn’t care

He would push ahead by stunning swine
    And going on a diet to trim his behind

So he could squeeze into a narrow space
    With cameras rolling he got down to case

He babbled his theory with senseless chatter
    To Diane Sawyer it didn’t seem to matter

Lou had a theory that he wanted told
    The Network was only interested in the ads that it sold

Never mind that they viewed Lou as an old blabbering freak
    Anything goes as long as the ratings are not weak

With his pockets filled with Ram money
    Lou traveled around gathering clues that were funny

But that was then and this is now
    The money is gone and Jams is having a cow

Although his ship is sinking and most think he’s a loon
    Old Lou is back in the public singing the same old tune

With Jams as his helper they are both seeking cash
    It’s anybody’s guess as to how long that will last

In the meantime the “Intruder†is dying
    As these crazy theories are simply not flying

Lou is looking to find something new
    Maybe he’ll find it in his own Ram zoo

He needs to let go and set the “Intruder†free
    So it can join the “Foreign Faction†at the fictional sea

END
    :leaf:

6. Niner

Niner Active Member

:spit: LOL! That was GOOD, Greenleaf!! :floor:

7. Niner

Niner Active Member

and... hasn't killed for 10 years... yea... really vicious!! :banghead:

LOL! I was going to say the same... !! :rs:

:cheerful:

8. Niner

Niner Active Member

well OBVIOUSLY he has NOT read this forum... There's TONS of stuff here... "evidence pointing toward a family member...!! :banghead: :banghead: gawd... I have a headache! :scream:

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

YOU have a headache?! How do you think I feel?

Excellent, GL!

10. rashomon

rashomon Member

Lou Smit's impressions of the garrote:
    "I see someone taking that handle and pulling it very violently tight and killing her."
    Wonderful, Louie, how you fell into the trap the stager of the crime scene had set up. Has it ever occurred to you that you saw exactly what the stager of the scene wanted you to see?
    No wonder that the detectives called you a 'delusional old man', lol.

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Hello, rashomon! Always a pleasure!

Has he talked to Werner Spitz or Henry Lee? I doubt it.

A lot of policemen in this country think Smit is a fool, and unethical.

(Speaking of which: would you be willing to help me with something?)

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

An interesting quote that the wonderful Toltec posted at Websleuths on an interview between Lizard Tongue and I assume Loose Mitts (LS) on finding JonBenet:

JR: So when I first found her I was like "Thank God, I found her." I didn't want Patsy to see her that way, and I ran upstairs and got a blanket off one of the chairs.

LS: Upstairs?

JR: Probably up in the tv room. I just ran up these stairs and went back down and put the blanket over her.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Lou should be asked to demonstrate on TV just exactly how this garrote worked, rashomon, don't you think?

14. Elle

Elle Member

Thor, in "Death of Innocence" page 22 HB John Ramsey states:

So, this would mean John ran into the room Patsy was in to get the blanket.

Above John isn't talking about when he found her in the basement, but when he brought her upstairs, but one would think he had just found her - right?

15. Thor

Thor Active Member

Elle, thanks for providing that info from the fairy tale book Death of Innocence. First of all, in reading this quote before reading John's explanation from Death of Innocence, it sounds like he told Loose Mitts that he found her and ran upstairs for the blanket, then ran downstairs to cover her with the blanket. At least that's what I read into it. Which wouldn't make sense because Arndt sent him to look for anything unusual and he didn't run upstairs, then down again, at least in front of Arndt.

Second, I found it odd that he said "probably" the tv room. In Death of Innocence, and some of the interviews I saw on TV in 2000, the Ramseys quoted themselves as saying "normally we would do this" or something like that. Sounds fishy to me. Like, they did not say they did something in particular, just that they would "usually" do that. In other words, they did not write what they did in Xmas of 1996, just what they normally would have done. It's been awhile since I've read DOI, but that's one thing that stuck out for me. Just like when Patsy was interviewed with Katie Couric in 2000, she would say things like "I kind of tucked her in", that kind of thing. I have read that this indicates deception. Either you tucked her in or you didn't. You didn't "kind of" do it. That kind of thing. How do you "kind of" tuck your kid in to bed?

16. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

idiot

If you didn't want your wife to see her daughter that way you would leave her where she was. He had no guarantee that P wouldn't come running when it became obvious he found her. I think all of this was an attempt to destroy a crime scene and he did a good job of it. He acts like he didn't know she was dead. If he tried to remove the cord from her wrist he knew she was cold and in rigor mortis. Maybe I'm being unfair since I am a medical professional but I would have tried to find a carotid pulse and sent FW for help. Would anyone else here do the same thing?

17. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Well yeah, be they ill, dying or dead one would normally check pulse and respiration first but then I have medical training too. However, one would think that the majority of people have some basic knowledge of CPR either through a training seminar or just watching all the medical shows that have been on television through the years but then, this is the Ramseys we are talking about and it seems they don't do normal.

18. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I agree, Elle. He can demonstrate on jameson, candy, and mame.

19. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I'm sure John knew exactly what he was doing. I don't think anyone else would have removed the ties, etc. The average person would just start screaming for help. Especially, as John puts it, he had the wherewithal to try and shield Patsy from it all. So, he wasn't all that out of sorts and in panic; in his own words, he knew that he didn't want Patsy to see.

ANY other person would have just started yelling for help and if one truly didn't know she was already dead, even the average person knows NEVER to move someone if you aren't sure of their condition right?

He knew. She knew. :tsktsk:

20. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice