REVISITING BROKEN WINDOW & spider web

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Greenleaf, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Fleet White was the one who placed a piece of glass on the suitcase earlier when he was in the basement.

We're still waiting on Greenleaf's theory, KK. Nice to see you've finished all the work at home. Now it's back to hard labour here. Welcome back!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
  2. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Icedtea4me,

I stand corrected. But my thought remains true I think. John went for the mail which means he went to the front doorway or whereever it was and got the mail. With the very thought of his "missing" daughter he looks at his mail? WTF is that. Oh I guess one could speculate that maybe there might be a note from the foreign faction in addition to the RN. But who the Fluck cares about mail esp bills and such the day after Christmas when your daughter is missing. That is my point! What a Father he really is! So caring, so understanding, so what a block head!

3. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I wouldn't even think the mail ran on the day after Christmas, much less think to check it while waiting for the supposed kidnappers of my baby girl to call.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Zoomama, this is exactly what he did do, left the room with the group of Ramsey friends, Det Arndt and the two victim advocates, and collected his stupid mail. Cool Hand Luke. You're right, Zoomama, who gives a tuppeny fig!
    He's an arrogant sod.

5. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Koldkase, you wrote:
    (Concerning the broken basement window)

“But whatever it was that happened, IF it happened, John didn't want LE to know about it until he decided to mention it 4 months later.â€

The way I remembered it, John talked about that broken window very soon after the cops were called. When the Boulder police made that pitiful cursory “investigation†of the infamous basement, John breezed them by the “wine cellar†door (behind which lay JBR’s body) stating that it had been painted shut and had no windows.

He also breezed them by the broken window, stating that he had broken it the previous summer. And, when he re-entered the basement with Fleet White, he made it a point to tell Fleet about how the window got broken.

Of all the irrational things John said and/or did, the basement window debacle seems to top them all. Despite the fact that he was understandably rattled that morning, trying to remember all the million little lies he had cooked up with Patsy, he had good reason for diverting attention away from that window.

Then, after a period of time, when the dust had settled, John and the RST started concocting other scenarios that would fit in with their newly conceived “intruder†theory.

I have my own ideas about it all, and will discuss it later, but, for now, I just wanted to set the record straight about WHEN John first mentioned the broken window.

There are so many astute sleuths here; most far more knowledgeable than myself, and I cannot tell you how fantastic it is to pick their brains, and glean tons of usable clues and gobs of analytical good stuff to chew upon. (“To chew upon?†My old English teacher, Sister Mary Magdalene, would faint.)

Now, KK, I have sent you a private message, along with my email addy.
    When you have time, please email me and I’ll run my theory by you before I cause an â€implosion on the Forum.†(That would make a good title for a book.)

Greenleaf
    :leaf:

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, as I said, I've forgotten more than I remember, Green, so I'll defer to you here. I just remember that Thomas wrote in his book about his surprise when John told Thomas in the April '97 interview about the broken window being open that morning when John was in the basement alone. That just kind of stuck with me, but with even LE moving things at the crime scene that morning, like opening the basement window and taking a picture, and laying the ransom note BACK on the spiral steps and getting a picture of that when the note was actually on the floor when LE got there...it's hard for me to keep up with who did what, when, at this point. Sorry for the confusion.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Not fair to the rest of us Greenleaf. Are you leaving us in the dark?

You asked us to post our thoughts before you posted yours, and I'm waiting to hear what your thoughts are. I posted mine. :rs:

Yes! I'm bopping you one! :)

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Something has been bothering me for awhile now

and I'm not sure where to put it so here goes. Why does anyone think that Lou Smitt would put all his eggs in that basket of an intruder? I mean in his prime days he was supposedly a great crime solver. I think his record has been good anyway. So now here he is in retirement and is brought into this case but not at the very beginning but a little later. He has a reputation to uphold as the great crime solver that he has been. So he spends a few hours/days on this case and comes up with a possible solution that has absolutely no basis in fact at all. It is a complete fabrication of anything that could be seen from that botched investigation of the crime scene. Why would he have done that? No I'm not softening on him at all. I'm really beginning to wonder why he put all his skills (though diminished at this point) into such a theory as the non existant intruder. There isn't one shred or scintilla of trace evidence to suggest that someone other than the family committed this murder. He began with his theory and then started adding what little known facts there were to fit that theory....bassakwards to say the least. So again I ask my question WHY? Why did he do that?

9. Elle

Elle Member

I can only come up with the fact that Lou is very religious, Zoomama, and maybe his judgment is not as clear as it once was. With the Ramseys being "born again" Christians, he seemed to bond with them on the spot.

From memory I remember Steve Thomas stating in his book that Patsy Ramsey knew how to work a man, that she brought her face close to his during the interview. Who knows, ZM. Maybe Loose Mitts fell for Patsy? Something obviously clicked, because Lou Smit definitely bonded with the Ramseys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice