Rivera Live

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

I guess the bottom line is not who may or may not have heard the tape when and where, but will the public ever get to hear the "enhanced" tape with the alleged voices at the end... those of us who have not heard the "voices" have a right to be skeptics.

2. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Re: This is ridiculous

Hi RR :D

And furthermore... a poster over at Purgatory who also heard it estimates the timing of the airing at around August, 1998 (she does not mention Geraldo), speculating that the tape was leaked to a media source, played once or twice for a day or so, then yanked, and transcripts edited to delete the tape's contents (probably after a threatening call from someone in Boulder... my own speculation).

The post is on the "8/5 NE Labs Battle Over 911 Call" thread, post date October 9:
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/PurgatoryII/messages/?msg=1532.69

I couldn't help noticing this timing coincides with Steve Thomas's resignation. Coincidence?

3. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

In the wake of Thomas's resignation... from Thomas's book:

Another reporter told me that First Assistant DA Bill Wise was dropping hints, not to be quoted, that I was mentally unstable. Then false reports surfaced that I was leaking case information to almost every publication and station that wanted it. Hunter's spin was in motion. "It's his time," rang loudly in my ears. The usual systematic dehumanization of anyone who spoke against the Boulder establishment was once again in play. p. 390, paperback.

I wonder if Hunter or a Hunterette leaked the enhanced 911 tape... simultaneously stickin' it to the Ramseys and Thomas.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Great Points, Britt

I'll take it a step further in the direction that you are headed. The tape was not leaked while it was being kept a secret from Hunter's office. The police went to extreme measures to prevent the D.A.'s office from discovering its existance.

Then the BPD made their presentation to and handed the files over to the District Attorney's office.

Thomas retires as a whistlebower. Released a lot of steam about Hunter.

The 911 information makes it to the press.

:rolleyes:

5. purr

purr Active Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

very interesting information.

keep it coming,
    purr

6. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

RRat's post

could be my own. It was not Geraldo, the voices were the Ramsey's. It aired only once and disappeared. I saw it in the afternoon around 3-4. My ex husband was home and heard it also. I do not remember the show because I was walking around cleaning and stopped when I heard the segment begin. I had a problem tracking down the program because at the time I had cable and satellite TV which gave me access to 4 local stations and 6 satellite local affiliates. I believe I saw it on an Erie,PA station. I contacted them and they told me that they aired either Inside Edition or Hard Copy during that time frame. Sorry I don't remember which, I didn't keep my emails. Maybe someone with old JW discs can look it up. I posted my update there.

I contacted, by telephone, Inside Edition or Hard Copy. I spoke with an intern who was to help me search the program but when I called back this person was unavailable and never returned my calls. Somebody knows what show it was on and why it was never aired again. AND YES, IT WAS AIRED. I DON'T CARE WHO HAPPENS TO BE SO ALMIGHTY SURE THAT IT DIDNT...IT DID. I believe there was some type of legal maneuvering done to make sure that it never happened again and that it was never referrred to again.

7. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Twitch, you are exactly right. I heard it in the daytime, too, and I agree with you that it was either Hard Copy or another of those shows of that kind. FedoraX told me I didn't hear it on Hard Copy :D so maybe it was another of those tabloid shows. I thought it was Hard Copy, though. And I, too, heard it twice. I think I even reported it to one of the forums as an alert, but at any rate I distinctly remember standing in my family room listening to it. It caught me by surprise, and so I listened again when they did a re-play of the show later. It had nothing to do with Geraldo.

BTW, I used to make sure I never missed a Geraldo show, because he was so outspoken about the Ramseys and was like a pitbull with his outrage, etc, and always had good discussions with good guests. Do you all remember the day he just dropped it cold, never to mention it again? I have always wondered what really happened to cause that. Was it fear of lawsuits? That never stopped him before. I lost respect for him that day, and that is when the hackles went up on my neck that there were some powerful people involved in the background.

Truth be told, JonBenet is not one bit more important than any other little child or beautiful young person like Rachel Cooke, or anyone else for that matter, who has been killed or gone missing. My outrage is that there are people around who are able, through their influence/power, and WILLING to put up barriers to prevent guilty parties from being brought to justice. And that there are others who we count on and who are PAID to uphold and enforce the law, who assist them in carrying out the sham. I think there will be a special place in hell for them. At least that is my fervent prayer.

edited for pesky typos.

8. ms_caution

ms_caution Member

Folks, the tape never aired until recently. It didn't air on Geraldo, or on any other show. There is absolutely no proof that it did. None. This is true despite the amazing cataloguing that has been done, primarily by A Candy Rose (remember, we even have those radio programs out of upstate NY!).

Now, what of those who truly believe they heard it? They're not lying - they truly believe they did hear it. However, they didn't. This situation is very similar to eye-witness accounts, which are notoriously unreliable. Study after study has been done showing that eye witnesses are more often wrong than right - on age, physical characteristics, etc. They don't intend to lie - they just believe they saw what they related they saw.

If I had the $$, I'd place a sizeable bet on this, that no one can come forward with proof, other than personal recollections. For further information, see http://ess.ntu.ac.uk/miller/cognitive/ewt.htm, and links noted at that site.

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

If I had the $, Ms. Caution

I'd bet against you. The people who are claiming to have heard the ENHANCED version of the tape are not stupid people. I believe they heard it. I believe whatever show(s) broadcast that tape are now denying it for obvious reasons - they were never supposed to have had the tape to begin with - it was a bootleg copy. All these people can't be wrong. I know a couple of them quite well. They know what they heard. I believe them.

10. Elle

Elle Member

The 911 call was on the Internet for sure!!!

WY I am one of the posters who remembers very clearly that there was a link on the net to this 911 call. I distinctly remember clicking it on but don't ask me to tell you what was on the tape. This was a very long time ago, and I just found it that one time.

I just read over some of the other posts WY. I did not see the Geraldo show at all. I'm just talking about the 911 call being available on the net because I do remember clicking it on to hear it. Whether, or not, it was the enhanced one remains to be seen (?). Just too long ago. :mad:

11. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

The fact that no one can come forward with proof at this late date doesn't mean the tape wasn't leaked, aired, yanked, deleted and denied. Leaking and lying are typical of this case.

12. purr

purr Active Member

thanks for your support WY

thanks for believing all of us who heard it.

and thanks to all of those who are speaking
    up and not afraid to say they heard it.

thanks so very much,
    purr

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Ditto

Thank you WY, that was very refreshing.

:rose:
    RR

14. purr

purr Active Member

ms caution.......who are you anyway?

just curious.......

your name isnt a warning for all of us...

is it?

15. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Don't worry Purr. I have it on good authority that Ms. Caution is going to be a great poster who will add a lot to the forum. No worries :)

16. purr

purr Active Member

ok cool.........

then welcome to the forum......

ms caution.

i just disagree with your comments
    because i heard the 911 call.

best regards,
    purr

17. ms_caution

ms_caution Member

Thanks for the kind words, Tricia.

Purr, I've been around for quite awhile - including back in the BNF & JW days (posted then under a different name), and I've been a member of ACR's forum since forever under Ms Caution. The name came from (1) my desire to maintain my personal privacy and to remind other that that is very easily sacrificed, which sometimes results in ugliness, and (2) my warning to all not to believe everything one reads on the internet, especially legal advice. The 2nd point goes for me as well, as I happen to be a lawyer.

I'm a pretty straight shooter, rarely get involved in forum politics, but try to point out viewpoints that sometimes are not frequently discussed - such as my point about the tape and the problems with eye witnesses.

18. purr

purr Active Member

thanks for sharing more info.......

about yourself.........

i appreciate your explanation about your name.

now i understand you and your posts better.

thanks again,
    purr

19. Elle

Elle Member

I understand what you are saying here!

I understand perfectly what you're saying here about eye witnesses ms and you are correct. Ideas are also placed into anyone's head by a mere suggestion of say an "intruder" as in the Ramsey case. The window was broken. The window was slightly open said John Ramsey. He noticed a scuff on the wall. Bingo, we have an invisible intruder. However, I will back Purr up to the hilt, because I definitely heard this 911 tape.

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

While eye-witness

(or should that be ear-witness?) testimony cannot always be taken as gospel, when you have several eyewitnesses who say the same thing - they heard that tape on one of the entertainment news shows - I think that would be acceptable evidence in a court room. They all can't be wrong.

Look, KoldKase, as well as others from Purgatory and other forums are adament they heard that tape. It's entirely possible a couple of people got their butts chewed out royally and that bootlegged copy of the tape disappeared and so did any record of it's ever being aired. I'm sorry, but I'm inclined to believe the 10 or more eyewitnesses who swear they heard the 911 tape once and never again. They all can't be wrong about Patsy's voice being on the tape, and they all can't be wrong about hearing her Help me, Jesus at the end of the tape. Could they be lying?

You'll never make me believe these particular posters are lying. Besides, what would be the purpose of lying? So they could get bashed? I doubt it.

BTW, Shadow, have you listened to the tape Tricia has on this forum? I can hear Patsy saying Help me, Jesus at the end at least three times. Did you not hear that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice