Rod Westmoreland/Lin Wood Sue To Find Out Real Name of Internet Poster

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Mame posted this:-

That is garbage. Each person is responsible for their own behaviour and pointing at someone else's behaviour is no defence for breaking the law.

This is like someone getting caught for selling illegal drugs and using the fact that others do it too as a defence!

2. Jayelles

All this aside. If someone is stalking you and threatening you, isn't it normal practice to involve the police? If someone threatened me and had me in fear of my life, I'm not sure the action I'd take would be to sue them. I'd want them locked up.

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Never underestimate the pressure on Wood to create publicity-driven suits, as that is his bread and butter, his claim to fame. Now working for a huge law firm, he's got to produce, doncha' know.... Jewel's case set him up. The Ramseys put him on the map. Gary Condit had no sympathy factor, cold fish that Condit revealed himself to be on TV, and the remains of Chandra being found brought all that to a dead end, publicly. Now that Tracey's faux pas left them all with egg on their faces, since we're the peanut gallery, throwing shells at them and laughing at the farce...why not go back to the same trough to see if it's got some face time on TV to get that PUBLICITY MONEY CAN'T BUY.... What does Wood care if this suit happens or not? Ask ANY lawyer how much it would cost to get their mugs on prime time TV like Wood does? It's not even POSSIBLE to buy that kind of TV time.

We know the internet is the new Wild Wild West. Unchartered territory, legally. Wood would love to get his name in the legal books of internet history, don't you think? Win or lose, it's FACE TIME.

Well, it's interesting. How many years have we had this crap spun by the very same people who libel and slander everyone THEY want to label as SUSPECTS or CHILD KILLERS. Of course, they PREFER to libel DEAD PEOPLE, OR INDIGENTS. Only mame and Krebs have been stupid enough to libel those with the money to sue them. But the Whites figured out long ago, nothing to win for them, but MORE PUBLIC ACCUSATIONS which will be REMEMBERED long after everyone forgets they were found NOT TRUE.

See, that's what I can't figure out about Westmoreland? Is he that stupid? Doesn't he KNOW he's simply putting himself out there now in the public eye as SOMEONE CONSIDERED A SUSPECT IN A CHILD MURDER...by someone who is in all probability mentally ill to start with--AND THAT THE PUBLIC MAY NEVER GET/UNDERSTAND INFORMATION ABOUT THE MENTAL STATUS OF THE ACCUSER, BUT ONLY REMEMBER THE ACCUSATIONS? If the poster isn't a plant all along, that is?

I mean, HELLLLOOOOOO? MENTALLY ILL? NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS ACTIONS. NOT LIABLE?

See how that goes? Why would Wood sue A CRAZY PERSON?

I don't think it's about Westmoreland, IMO.

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Guess the Suma idiot doesn't know we are our own host and we own our own server, so rush right out and call us Mary...we will flip a coin as to who answers the phone...one ringydingy...two ringydingy...nice try, but neither forum is going down.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Mame said this...AGAIN IGNORANT OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW?

If this is a CRIMINAL case, why is WOOD handling it and filing it as a CIVIL SUIT? And again, I BEG someone to tell me what CRIMINAL STATUTES have been INDICTED in this?

If this is a CIVIL CASE, why is mame referring to the PLAINTIFF as THE DEFENDANT?

OR is mame trying to say the DEFENDANT in a CIVIL case would go to WS and find POSTS that are LIES and...how would he PROVE all these posts are LIES? Well, I know that ALL MAME'S POSTS ABOUT THE WHITES CAN BE PROVEN TO BE LIES--because she published the EVIDENCE of the FALSE ACCUSATIONS HERSELF on the internet years ago and then chose to IGNORE IT, but mame doesn't POST at WS...only at THE SWAMP AND TOPIX, apparently...and think about that for a minute...all the RST who showed up at Topix lately to libel the Whites...and that's one of the forums named in the suit...but I digress....

Is mame trying to say that there is a lawyer around who can prove that people's opinions on a discussion forum, WS and Topix, about a very public murder case are lies and therefore defendant undertheradar can argue he KNEW these posts were LIES and so by logical INFERENCE decided to LIE about WESTMORELAND KNOWINGLY? And THAT'S A DEFENSE AGAINST A LIBEL SUIT?

Oh my god. :poke:

6. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

:yay: :yay: :yay: KK! Of course it's not about Westmoreland. Another thought, since Westmoreland was and maybe still is JR financial advisor, I can't help but believe they've all reached an agreement of sorts (Woody, Westmoreland). Maybe Woddy is doing this pro bono as it's a win win situation. Even if he loses the case, which he no doubt will, it get's him the publicity and fame, probably tv interviews, which pay big bucks, as freedom of speech and the internet is a new hot topic. Westmoreland could even have a deal worked out for the same, or a cut, or maybe,even a book deal since I'm sure he very well knows no one gave that poster any credibility, I can't think of any other reason for him to file this ridiculous suit.

Lets face it, if Woody was REALLY interested in defending the falsly accused in this case, he would have filed LONG AGO against many of the Ramsey supporters. It's soooo obvious. Maybe he should review all of Mame's posts and Tracey's doccys, and Jammys forum, but I won't hold my breath, after all, the fat cats of Boulder protect their own, and forgive me, but there's no way in hell I believe that Woody has anyone's best interest at heart, except his own friggen pockets.

7. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Patsy is dead.
    Burke is legal adult.
    Wood is not particularly well liked as a person.
    The Ramsey cash cow is dry.
    Wood thrives on high profile, high profit settlements.
    He thrives on TV talk shows and publicity.

Having said that, it is quite possible he is testing the legal waters on this one, hoping that if this works out, as it has the Ramsey name attached to it, he can open up a whole new area of public, high profile internet settlements.

That is my theory as to why Lin Wood would attach his name to something like this non lawsuit. After all, he hasn't been on a talk show, blowing his own horn since JMK. He's probably still kicking himself

I think he took this on for the publicity to get his name back out there; and if he can make a few bucks in the process, fine. I would be curious to know just how busy he has been vocationally with the Ramsey case dry.

Careful Lin, you just might get the publicity you seek; but it might not be a good thing to be so well known as an obstacle to FREEDOM OF SPEECH especially given the recent climate of America's mood. :survivor:

8. Jayelles

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Since when did Westmoreland become unemployed?

10. RiverRat

Lin filed this under the initials R.W. to protect Rod's identity. The Smoking Gun and then Suma revealed who the Plaintiff was.

11. RiverRat

"As a direct amd proximate result of the false accusations maliciously published by Defendant, Plaintiff has suffered special damages in that he suffered a permanant impairment to his ability to obtain or maintain gainful employment."

12. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

The only even remote possibility of that being true is if someone at Merrill Lynch Googled his name, found the posts by undrtheradar, and cut the Westmoreland Group loose on that basis alone. But that would seem to be an act of insanity on its own, especially if Rod's group was helping Merrill Lynch make money, and especially if it opened the door for Rod to sue Merrill Lynch for unlawful termination or something similar.

What is true is that, as of 2004 at the very least, Rod was in a position to donate thousands of dollars to the political campaigns of John Ramsey and George Bush, and he donated between $100,000 and $249,999 to the Lovett School for a fundraiser, as is a matter of public record.

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Moab

I hope mame gets you on the phone.

:viking: :mame:

14. Barbara

Forgive me Cherokee, I don't want to bring politics into this, but I will just this once.....

WHY_NUT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

15. RiverRat

That is what I don't understand, Why Nut. It is obvious that Rod has pulled off a very long term successful career and all of a sudden, just because some internet wing-nut posts an outrageous lie, he is suddenly permanently impaired from obtaining employment?!

16. RiverRat

THREATS OR LEAKS???????

Margoo
    Member since 11-29-02
    11-09-06, 07:23 PM (EST)

16. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #15

Tricia is not named a defendant.

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mame
    Member since 8-20-06
    11-09-06, 07:26 PM (EST)

17. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #16

Not yet she isn't...

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

17. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Is undertheradar good ole RHGC or whatever the heck his name was....geez KK and you met him too! So is Westmoreland Pachaly?

I always wonder what RHGC was babbling about, was shocked he was a lawyer and he did admit to following Pachaly around. I can't believe ANYONE, except perhaps Mame, took him seriously in his delusional posts.

Mame doesn't lie Koldkase she is merely eternally mistaken and suffers from extreme chronic stupidity. Mame has never gotten over Fleet dumping her....and in Mame's tiny little mind she thinks she's going to get her revenge.

Sorry you were dragged into this Tricia....

18. Why_Nut

This case can only end in tears, and those tears are mine, of laughter.

19. Barbara

Doesn't he have to PROVE all this to file a lawsuit? Don't you have to show backup to your claims??

Or did Wood find out Topix (whose owner is not named or did I miss that?), has deep pockets and would be willing to settle? I'm sure he's not thinking that he's gonna get a settlement or wealth from TRICIA? We know that he's not doing this for moral reasons. Either he's hoping to make money from Topix OR he's just re-entering the publicity zone, getting his name out there again. Or maybe he's gonna jumpstart his NEW career on the Ramsey gravy train by representing the Ramsey bus victims now? It's got Ramsey, It's got potential for money, It's a magnet for tabloids and television....there's more to this than meets the eye. Time will tell

I can only hope he ends up representing someone Tracey libeled. Now THAT I would like to see. tee hee

P.S. Is it possible that he already knows who this poster is and knows that he has deep pockets? Possibly someone who would have a lot to lose if this became public? Perhaps sorta kinda like legal blackmail if this poster is someone who was a public enough figure, or was doing all this posting on company time? Someone who would rather settle than go through the consequences of having their name public? Just a thought

20. Why_Nut

The automatic location detector of Topix picked up that undr was posting from Minneapolis, Minnesota when not using AOL, so that would sure narrow down the geographic location sought. On the other hand, Rod is going to have an extremely tough row to hoe when trying to prove that he felt physically threatened by a person who, in fact, never had to leave Minnesota to know he had a pool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice