Rod Westmoreland/Lin Wood Sue To Find Out Real Name of Internet Poster

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 9, 2006.

1. wombat

wombat Member

I disagree - this is a dead serious problem for us, people.

Lin is trying to start a way of quelching what we talk about on the internet. Best way to do that is get some peripheral person who has been the subject of non-substantiate-able (is that a word?) posts by some whackjob to allege that they have been harmed by the posts.

This is also a way of scaring off the BDI posters without having to involve Burke in the case. There have been quite a few BDI posts here and elsewhere since the Karr fiasco; many of us tried to tell those posters that they were treading on dangerous ground.

Lin did not start this suit without a lot of legal research and a couple of chats with publicists.

There are twin goals here: Shut down the forums for the benefit of the surviving Ramseys, and create a new tort of "internet defamation" that Lin can create a practice around.

He would not have referenced Tricia in the suit unless he thought he could show she had interest in the case.

Federal Court, Northern District of Georgia, certainly a jurisdiction where Lin has had success before.

We need to email the ACLU. It's on the Smoking Gun, though, so they will know about it.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Justice_Seeker
    Member since 5-8-02
    11-09-06, 07:40 PM (EST)

19. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #18

On May 11, 2006
    undrtheradar wrote:

You call it slandering, I call it pointing out the facts. Slander is when you have no facts to point to and just start throwing names out as suspects because they act suspicious like the RAmseys' or Burke or Santa Claus poor Bill Mcreynolds who went to his grave as a possible suspect for goodness sake. That is slander. This individual is the middle man in the plot that control John's millions. That can not be ignored. If you look at the note you can tell it was written by a banker. But the problem that I have with people like you is, and I don't want you to take it that personal because I don't want to get personal because none of us our professional investigators, but to be a good investigator you must take evidence at face value first, and if that does not make sense then you look at other scenerios. So when you say things like ...
    The writer could have meant the Chicago fat cats or the New York fat cats for that.
    You are jumping right over the obvious fact that the writer mentions the south and JOhn Ramsey himself mentions the Atlanta fat cats in the police interview and your working on other scenerios. YOu won't even accept for one moment that this person could be an Atlanta fat cat. Unlike my position which is yes, it could be a Chicago fat cat or New York fat cat, but If I was an investigator my first job would be to key in on the Atlanta fat cats first because that is the most obvious scenerio then look into the Chicago fat cat and New york fat cat afterwards. If you were the investigator you would be chasing leads all over the place from what I can see. And as far as if what I am saying is true then why haven't the investigators acted on my tip? I will say that I have just recently forwarded the information that I have learned to the investigators, And I will predict to you that it is not a matter of if, but when this person is apprehended then what will you have to say? I don't know if you have been checking the news lately or not about the case, but the headlines lately have been "JOnbenet breakthrough". So before you become to attached to your theory I believe you should take you blinders off for a moment because chances are you just may be wrong. Then what? Your world is over? Your life does not depend on whether or not your theory is right or wrong and neither does mines. My mind is still open even though I am sure he committed this crime. But if some exculpatory evidence comes along I am willing to close my theory out. That is what good investigators do. So to say that I am slandering anyone is false. If this was a movie, this individual would have a major role in the movie. Not just a cameo but a Major role. So I am pointing out this major role that he played and I am telling everyone to pay closer attention to him.If that is slandering then sue me.

Looks like he/she got his wish.They are being sued.

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Mame
    Member since 8-20-06
    11-09-06, 07:48 PM (EST)

20. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #19

JS, did the post have a location? or was he AOL?

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Justice_Seeker
    Member since 5-8-02
    11-09-06, 08:02 PM (EST)

21. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #20

>JS, did the post have a location? or was he AOL?
    There is no location. The original posts are gone.
    These are quotes of the posts by other posters who
    responded to undrtheradar.

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Wouldn't Wood already be aware of this? Maybe not..who knows? I was thinking on a more devious level of "hush money" legal and profitable. I'm thinking it is what Wood is "banking" on, or is it possible Wood is that stupid to take on a losing case?

I don't get it :confused:

4. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

Another Poster FW Did It

Okay Woody, here's another poster at Topix saying as plain as day FW killed JBR. If the Westmoreland suit is what you claim it is, lets see you file another suit to find out who this other sicko is. Also at Topix:
    http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/T3903IC52I766CP9I

Detroit Breakdown
    ISP location: Northville, MI Reply »
    |Flag for Review Thursday Oct 19
    Fleet White called 911 on the 23rd at the Party. After the murder he came to the house at
    6:20 took notes, went into the room where Jonbenet`s body was, claiming that he couldn`t
    see the body so he relocked the door. Fleet`s mysterious, he cried at the funeral, started
    arguments, spent a month in jail, accused The ramseys. Fleet did it or he was an
    accomplice. He`s the most likely suspect. His daughter even hid from him-naked some
    say. gary says Fleet asked him to kill Jonbenet in 1995, but he got cold feet Christmas
    1995. The newspaper with Ramseys face circled is in fact 14 months old. Was the killing planned that long? After Gary killed the Ramsay in MT in early 1996 Fleet saw Gary was serious. The Ramseys
    were at Fleet`s house while Gary broke in. He told gary where to put the body, where the light
    switch was, had input on the ransom note, told gary about the $118,000. Fleet lived nearby. He had a key. Jonbenet knew him and he even changed her panties. Fleet did it or he was involved.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2006
  5. RiverRat

Minneapolis, Minnesota. Why Nut posted this and I did see that in a post there today.

Also found there a JustWatching poster from Hickory that I am learning about Pasta Jay's stabbing from.

6. Barbara

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Look, anyone can sue anyone for anything. I'm sure Wood has plans. I imagine that somewhere in the background, like someone speculated, John Ramsey is connected, perhaps using Westmoreland as his good old buddy to do an end runaround to SUE yet ONE MORE TIME to keep the TRUTH about the murder of JonBenet from being DISCUSSED by anyone other than RST.

You see, if Burke sues, then he has to deal with public disclosures, not to mention, DEPOSITIONS. Same with John. It's back to MORE PUBLICITY, and if they want to keep themselves out of the public eye now that Patsy is dead and Tracey might have a chance at being shut up, then they don't want to be in YET ANOTHER law suit, do they? Well, that's what jams said, that John wants to live quietly now. heh

So by pulling out WESTMORELAND, maybe they think they can get around the sticky WHO MURDERED JONBENET issue.

Well, maybe undertheradar...heh, ironic hat now, isn't it...has bucks and can get himself a good defense team and we'll see what shakes out.

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That thing shows the Butts poster bitchy posting out of Syracuse, NY. And she is in Cass County, Texas.

9. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Fair enough. If it cannot be determined to be accurate, then that really puts the hurt on anyone's ability to track down undrtheradar.

Good luck to Lin in his quest to sue an internet phantom. Rod gets to spend a lot of money, Lin gets another horse, the many organizations devoted to ensuring freedom of speech continue to do their good work in protecting forums from freedom-of-speech attacks, and the anonymizer sites get more business.

10. Barbara

Good point, BUT that could also be a double edged sword. If they start suing on behalf of all the peripheral, NON Ramsey people, the discussions would certainly scare people into discussing ONLY the Ramseys

AND that would also work for the peripheral, NON Ramsey suspects that the RST throw under the bus

Who is left to discuss? The Ramseys!

Risky

11. koldkase

I don't know about that, Barbara. I think Wood has stated, with John Ramsey as his mouthpiece this time, that he wants to change the way we get our news. In other words...THEY WANT TO CONTROL THE PRESS AND FREE SPEECH.

See, you have to remember that Lin Wood probably went through a lot of soul-searing gossip about his family at a tender age, if you remember his history with his parents and his mother's murder by his father. Wood IS on a mission. In his subconscious, I imagine, he's striking back at everyone who talked about his family's troubles. I actually feel kind of sorry for him, as we all know how cruel teens can be, and how defenseless a child in that position is. I think we're all shaped by our tragedies. I think Wood's must have isolated him quite a bit. It must have been hard on him and his sister.

Having said that, he's the bully now, isn't he?

Well, the internet is new territory, and if our justice system isn't strong enough to protect free speech over THIS, guess it's time to find out. That law suit DejaNu was so upset about wasn't really a test case because the defendant didn't bother to even respond, much less bring on a defense. You ignore a lawsuit, you lose by default. Period.

If our higher courts decide not to allow the free exchange of information on the internet, including OPINIONS, that will necessarily start down the slippery slope to censorship that the Supreme Ct. has been loathe to begin. Then we'll reach state mandated "propaganda only allowed," and next, we're in a full assault on the U.S. Constitution. I truly hope we don't go there. If we do, George Orwell will become a prophet, not a writer of science fiction.

You see, what Wood must PROVE to win such a suit is this: THAT UNDERTHERADAR KNEW WHAT HE WROTE WAS FALSE, THAT HE WROTE IT ANYWAY, AND HE DID SO WITH MALICIOUS INTENT TO HARM WESTMORELAND.

That's a general recap I believe of the standard definition of LIBEL and SLANDER.

You see, it's not ILLEGAL to say something that is WRONG. Nobody can be held to the standard of NEVER saying ANYTHING but what they can PROVE in a court of law. That would mean about nobody would never say nothing. Who goes around thinking, I believe this, I deduce this using common sense and rational, but can I PROVE IT IN COURT? Has Lin Wood advised TRACEY or SMIT that the many people THEY POINT THE FINGER OF SUSPICION AT ON NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL AIRWAVES should sue them because THEY HAVEN'T PROVEN WHAT THEY SAY IN COURT AND CANNOT? I don't think so. Has he cautioned jams and her members that THEY DAILY ACCUSE INNOCENT PEOPLE OF CHILD MURDER and therefore WILL BE SUED? No. Of course not.

That's because Wood is a LAWYER. If there was no money at the end of the lawsuit rainbow, he wouldn't look twice at the litigation. He'd go back to chasing ambulances. He knows full well that only so many things can happen, and here are a few I can think of: his client can win money, and his reputation can be effected any number of ways, regardless; his client can lose more than money, but it won't hurt Wood either way, unless Wood is doing this pro bono...and I don't think so; or Wood might be able to make case law; Wood might get to argue before the US Supreme Court; Wood might win or lose, but as a lawyer, he's only going to win--publicity to die for, huge bills for his client, and more oats for his horse than the stud can ever eat. :tsmile:

But if it were to happen that Wood files suit on behalf of Westmoreland, and that they are able to shut down opinion and discussion on the internet forums, then it will be ALL of them, not just WS, Topix, and FFJ. The swamp will be included in the fallout. Court TV will be history, as well as LKLive, various talk shows, all the true crime tv shows...Tracey can kiss his gravy train goodbye. Freedom of speech and expression will be a memory we'll all cherish...while we're planning the next revolution....

12. koldkase

Why, that's a very good point. And if it comes to this, I guess forums are going to have to post at the top of their pages, ONLY RAMSEYS CAN BE DISCUSSED AS SUSPECTS IN THE JONBENET MURDER--compliments of LIN WOOD AND ROBERT WESTMORELAND.

Well, aren't you the clevah crack ho, Barbara! May your pimp always be kind! :toast:

13. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Is Mame flaunting her idiocy again?

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

Some village is missing their idiot. :balloon:

Yeah, my banker always misspells words like "business" and threatens to behead people, too. Once or twice he's even yelled out "Victory!" when I made a deposit.

15. koldkase

She's CELEBRATING IT. She actually said at the swamp that she doesn't know some of what Nancy Krebs claimed nor her history, BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW. I am NOT making this up!!

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Awesome. Maimed keeps giving and giving until there's nothing left to give.

17. RiverRat

Oh Bobbbbb

Didn't you hear, you might have to give her all of YOUR stuff. She saved your posts, ya know.....

18. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

Yes, undrwood says hes from Minnisota
    http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TDAEJE5QLF3U156TH

19. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

He's a Psycho babling sick delusional idiot

Now this post of undertheradar makes me wonder all the more how Woody thinks he can make a case with this kind of phycho babling against anyone including Westmoreland

undrt heradar wrote:

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TDAEJE5QLF3U156TH

20. Amber

Amber Member

The perfect person to eclipse all this nonsense with a suit of his own his John Mark Karr...there are so many people he could sue...

Also it is impossible to prove who actually typed those posts. Unless you catch the person in the act in real time you cannot say that it was positively them. Other people may have access to the PC...especially in retrospect it is impossible to prove who typed a post at any time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice