Rod Westmoreland/Lin Wood Sue To Find Out Real Name of Internet Poster

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 9, 2006.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Uhhhh...if that's the kind of crap that this radr guy posts, then I'm ALL FOR Wood finding out who he is. He sounds damn scary to me.... Maybe he has been personally contacting Westmoreland. Maybe this is different than we think. Maybe in THIS case, a wingnut is just a wingnut....

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Good point to make, as well. If the posts were written in a multi-person household, or even at a library computer or in a Starbucks, it would be impossible to prove to a certainty that one particular physical human, and only that human, was the sole author of the offending posts. Rod's suit must sue a particular person, not just some vague meanie(s) with a keyboard.

3. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Mame and the other dingbats are acting like this lawsuit has some big value. At this point it's nothing more than an effort to discover who this "undrtheradar" person is.

Watch "undrtheradar" turn out to be some 19 year old kid, living in his Grandma's house, without a dime (or even a beer can collection) to his name. THEN see how fast Limp Woodie drops the suit when there's no bucks in it for him.

4. tylin

tylin Banned

Barbara,
    That's exactly what's being discussed at the beauty shop,:talk: if ya get my drift. Jam's was going private and losing forums at an opportune time, don't cha think? :whistle:

5. tylin

tylin Banned

They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the :(:(:(.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

bahaaaaaaaa now that is hilarious. :clap: :jumpie: :bowdown: :floor:

7. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

That's a REAL important link you posted, Jayelles.
    It details the law which was passed and protects web site owners against lawsuits due to content posted on their site by 3rd parties.
    Reading some of the examples at the bottom of the page is interesting - including people who sued Ebay because of bad feedback, and a book author who sued Amazon.com because of bad reader reviews.

I hope you forwarded it to Tricia (and Mame--read it and weep, you creep! :floor: )

8. Amber

Amber Member

Yes, that's a really interesting link.

When did all this under stuff happen? Was it recently or in the past? That site
    states threre is a statute of limitations in these thinks.

And if this under person is in one state and wood and his guy in another, wouldn't that psoe problems?

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

lolololol... funny Bluesstrat..Well if Woody can't get his greasy little palms on our beer can collections, he'll go after someone else's.

I'm turning my collection into the recycling center and burying the profits in the back yard! I worked toooooo hard drinkin' up all them beers.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

No-one answered my question though.... if a person felt terribly in fear of their physical safety, wouldn't they call the police rather than hire a lawyer and try to sue for money? Has litigation replaced law enforcement in the US?

If someone was threatening to harm me (and I have children so I'd be concerned for their wellbeing too) - I think I'd prefer a criminal investigation to track the person down and nick them before they caused any harm. If we don't know who this guy is, why publicise that you're going to sue him all over the Internet and give him a chance to strike before he's identified? If he's a penniless dead beat, he may have nothing to lose by going to prison anyway.

I just do not understand this. Maybe I'm missing the point here.

11. Amber

Amber Member

No...you are absolutely right on every count...so maybe there is an ulterior motive here.;)

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

There's lots of interesting cases on the EFF site. One thing that I found rather disturbing is the ease with which people can obtain a person's personal information in the US. According to the EFF, some of ISPs will simply hand over a subscriber's personal information on receipt of a subpoena.
    Thankfully, that wouldn't happen here in the UK where we have the Data Protection Act.

The EFF recommend that you inform your ISP that in the event of your personal information being subpeoned, you wish to be notified to give you an opportunity to lodge a motion to quash.

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

The only thing I'm going to say about all this is Lin Wood is an opportunist. He knows that if the right laws ever get passed, the Internet is his ticket to more wealth than he's ever known. He wants to be a pioneer in Internet law, practicing his Ramsey-style lawsuits in a field that is ripe for the plucking. He's giving notice that he will be a force to be reckoned with should the right time and circumstances come.

It's way too convenient that Westmoreland is a Ramsey shrill, and Wood is representing him. It may be that Bully Wood wants only to send the underwhatever a letter, threatening him with a lawsuit if he doesn't cease and desist. Whether he has any money, or not, it's not the money Wood is after in this case, it is the advertising. Here I am, world, I'm ready to rewrite the constitution and sue on your behalf if someone talks about you on the Internet.

I wish Fleet White would go after idiots at the swamp and that other forum that I don't bother reading, because it's nothing but a bash FW fest. I am stunned by the darkness in some of those people.

I also predict that where there is great wealth - i.e., the Internet dot.coms and orgs., there will be sharks trying to find ways to steal the wealth through misinterpretation of the laws or through creation of new laws by Congress. I consider Lin Wood a shark.

14. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Imo

OMG - are you allowed to say that?!

What ARE we supposed to do now? Everyone knows that I lost everything two years ago and now I might have to give what I rummaged out of the dumpsters to mame because I might have made her look bad.....might have.

Sooooo, I am thinking that if I want to hold onto my last box of rations, I should start sending Lin my posts for approval before I post instead of Suma sending them afterward.

I think we all should think about doing that since he wants to be the Editor of the Earth. :sothere:

15. Watching You

Oh, now you're in big trouble, Rat. Well, you can always come live with me in my single wide, two-bedroom, one-bath 1969 trailer home, heh.

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

ho hum.

17. RiverRat

Why? She didn't know the words?

18. RiverRat

Mame
    Member since 8-20-06
    11-10-06, 09:42 AM (EST)

47. "The Truth..."
    In response to message #46

I've spoken to some legal sources. I'm told, "Trisha is named in the suit -- just not as a defendant." I was able to confirm what I said yesterday, and was also told, "she is named as a party and as such is vulnerable to an upgrade to defendant. She should be worried. She will be formally deposed and that could be very, very uncomfortable. And she knows it. In addition, depending on the libel laws for the home state charges could result."
    I doubt Lin Wood would take on such a small case without a larger plan in mind. At least Jameson did the right thing by asking that all inflammatory posts be removed from her site. I'm told that it would be really smart for any forum owner to "remove ALL inflammatory posts where private individuals are named for the purpose of harassing, taunting, or embarrassing."

I'll follow up with comments from other legal sources as I receive them.

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

19. Watching You

Clean up your own pigsty, Suma. You've got the filthiest house of all.

20. wombat

wombat Member

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Nice, but I'm telling you, this suit is just a shot across the bow. This Westmoreland guy hasn't had any significant damages, and the nutcase that wrote the posts probably doesn't have a dime.

Lin's trying to get the federal courts all het up about internet slander. Then he can go after the forums.

He probably got into doing this after the Karr Fiasco. The sad 10th anniversary about this sad crime is coming up (by the way, a little girl was killed on Christmas night when she was home with her family), and he's got to have something else to talk about on teevee besides the trannie whackjob from Alabama. Now he can go on LKL and spout out about the unfairness and depravity of the forums.

He's just starting. Come on, Leroy, watcha got?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice