So who will bury John Ramsey?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Golden_Rose, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Nana

Nana Member

Nice words indeed, Elle. In difficult times you must rely on your family members, faithful friends and some kind of creative work like music.

Elvis used to say: "Without music, the day may never end", and I couldn't agree more with him.

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

Creative work can help immensely in getting through tough times.
    For me, it is music. I grew up immersed in it, and it has always been an integral part of my life.
    One of my childhood memories is my father (who had served in the navy) singing 'Seemannslieder' (shanties) or playing them on his mouthharp, with four-year-old me trying to sing along without understanding a word of the text. :)

I'm a kindergarten teacher, and singing and dancing with the kids is what I enjoy most. The kindergarten I work in is attended by children from many nations, several of them refugees from countries afflicted by war.
    When they come here, even if they don't speak a word of German, the universal language of music and dance reaches them, and seeing their happy faces makes me so glad.
    We cover the whole territory: children's songs and dances, classical music, folk music, rock'n roll, beat, reggae, hip hop - even breakdance, although the time will come soon when I won't be able to throw myself on the floor anymore without my bones protesting loudly. :)

It always pains me to see JonBenet's robot-like stage performances. For this poor child was directed like a puppet on a string. :)

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  3. Little

Little Member

rashomon wrote:
    I would imagine that initially JonBenet liked the attention and did enjoy playing dress up and all that went with it. My thought is that after a while she performed not because it pleased her, but because it was demanded to satisfy someone else's pleasure. Poor little girl.

Little

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Like many little girls, I am sure there was a time when JBR enjoyed her singing and dancing lessons very much. Too young to see anything improper, she must have enjoyed the make-up and fancy dresses too. Most little girls love to play with make-up and love glittery, frilly outfits. But by the end of her short life, it seemed as if most of the joy was gone- squashed by her mother's ruthless ambition and relentless strive for perfection (her daughter's perfection). It must have been a chore, a drudgery- all the lessons, the coaching, the fittings- combined with the other things PR had her involved with (French and violin lessons) what time was there left for her to play and just be a little girl?

5. Elle

Elle Member

So sorry, Nana about your sister and mother. It must have been a very difficult time for you. Yes I find solace in listening to music; sometimes with classical and at other times with songs.

6. Elle

Elle Member

No time left for this little girl at all, Dee Dee.

7. Nana

Nana Member

What a great job you have, Rashie! Teaching is a blessing and you must have a gift to do it well. I've always resorted to music in my classes too and the students learn faster this way. They simply don't forget anymore. I use to say if music didn't exist, I'd invent it. The only kind I don't like much is rap. Music brings me what old photographs do: memories. This is priceless for it's one thing nobody can take away from you. Take care with that breakdance!

I feel sorry for JonBenet too. Her performances don't appear natural. She was taught that way. She didn't have time left to be a little girl and act her age, Dee Dee, because Patsy was in a hurry. Why would she give time to Jonbenet if she had none in her mind?
    Little: "Mirror, my mirror! Is there anybody else in the world more important than me?"

Elle, thanks for your kind words. It was a very hard time. My sons were very attached to my mom, and my sister was so young. But eventually a rainbow showed up in the cloudy sky. Oh, the circle of life! (sung by Elton John...)

8. Karen

Karen Member

IMO the driving force behind Jonbenets trek to the Miss America pagent was Nedra. I think Patsy was pushed and influenced by Nedra all of her life, even in her adult life, and I don't think Patsy would have been such a stage mother if Nedra wasn't looking forward to the grandaughter doing what her two daughters failed to do. I think Nedra wanted it more than anyone else and Patsy wanted Nedras approval above all else.

9. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Rashomen, I am a music teacher for a private, elementary school - kindergarten through sixth grade. I consider it a privilege to work with children in such a joyful subject.

We do lots of movement songs, fun things to help them remember and appreciate classical music, games to learn theory...and lots of beautiful singing and playing of instruments.

Here's just one example. Second grade studies "Carnival of the Animals" for their music appreciation unit. Last week we focused on "Aquarium", a lovely, lilting piece of music. I darkened the room, and had the children blow bubbles (from the miniature wedding bubble containers so the bubbles wouldnt' get too big and wetsloppy) while the soft music wafted through the air. I told them the bubbles could remind them of an underwater world, as though we were all in a large aquarium. The look of wonder and quiet reflection as they blew their bubbles and listened to that evocative melody was absolutely priceless.

Children love to come to music class and they protest when it's over. It can't get better than that for a teacher!

I've said it before, JonBenet did not display any natural gift for music. She was a little girl who could be coached to do some moves, but she didn't have the gift I see in some of my kids that I teach. When you work with children you do see the difference between the teachable ones and those with the true God-given talents.

Puppet on a string - such an apt description. Poor baby.

10. Elle

Elle Member

This I would love to see, rashomon, you singing and dancing with the children, away from all the research you do. I can't stand looking at little JonBenét Ramsey on stage. It makes me ill. The mothers of these little pageant girls are very defiant I've noticed; insisting the children just love it. They don't get the chance to find out what a normal life is like.

Keep on dancing and singing with the children. :)

11. Elle

Elle Member

You're right, Karen, we mustn't forget Nedra's part in this. Bossy Boots.

12. Little

Little Member

Nedra's personality has been reasonably well documented and there are direct quotes from her that point to a woman who definitely had strong views. She didn't appear to be someone whose wishes were easily denied.

I'll bet that five words that were seldom spoken were "I wonder what Nedra thinks?".

Little

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I also agree that Nedra was a force behind much of what went on with her granddaughter. I read where Nedra was once asked what she and PR would do if JBR didn't want to do the pageants any more. And Nedra answered "We would say to her 'JonBenet, you WILL do it.' " That pretty much sums up Nedra for you.

14. Elle

Elle Member

I think this is the statement most of us remember Nedra saying, or try to remember, Dee Dee. Many of us have quoted this one over the years. I was trying to remember as I read Little's post, and as I scrolled down, there it was in your post. Saved my poor old brains. Thank you. Nedra was an old battle axe.

15. Elle

Elle Member

I can just picture this lovely scene, Pearlsim. I remember having a recording similar to this many years ago on one of those old 33 records, long before the tapes and CD's. :) I think the actor Eddie Bracken was the narrator. So long ago.

I agree with you JonBenét was just like a little robot making all those ridiculous phoney moves. Not natural at all for a six year old.

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

What a wonderful idea, to let the children blow bubbles in the darkened room while listening the 'Aquarium' part of Carnival of the Animals!
    I think I'll try this too. Our current topic is 'water' - so it would fit in perfectly! Thanks for the 'inspiration', Pearlism! :)

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

Looking at those shallow and silly pageant performances makes me ill too. Poor JonBenet looks like a living doll doing programmed movements.
    Those overambitious mothers project their own wishes onto their children, instrumentalizing them to fullfill their own desire for recognition.

18. Elle

Elle Member

I've never attended a wedding where they had bubbles, so I haven't seen one of those gadgets, but I have seen them on TV and get the drift. A terrific idea for the children rashomon. Nice you and Pearlsim collided here.

19. heymom

heymom Member

The weddings here sometimes give out little bottles of bubbles for the guests either at the reception, or after the church ceremony, instead of throwing rice at the bride and groom, or birdseed, or whatever alternative is currently the "greenest." I've never seen anyone use an actual bubbling machine, but that might be fun too. The little bubble bottles are sold in large boxes. Like...

http://www.weddingshopusa.com/decorations/unique-wedding-bubbles

20. Little

Little Member

I've been giving John's "arrangements" some thought. I think they should put him on his boat and let it drift out to sea. It would be a Viking extravaganza type deal and Patsy would be so happy.

(maybe the mourners could blow bubbles too :) )

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice