2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Me, too!

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

Jeff Merrick

On, Topix Nelly wrote (# 15 post):
    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TAA7B0AVCJ5QSIE7B
    Quite obviously the Ramseys used that amount to throw people like Merrick or the housekeeper LHP under the bus, to bolster their "inside job" story.

Interesting that Jeff Merrick wanted to write a book.

From the Nov 2000 chat room discussion with Steve Thomas:

"crimeADM: Do you think Linda Hoffman-Pugh's book will shed any new light on this case?

stevethomas: i feel for LHP. she was so wronged, pointed out as a suspect. investigated upside down. i will read what she has to say. i think there are so many stories, so many perspectives out there from which we can all learn. jeff merrick is penning a book, trying to find a publisher. he has a fascinating story."
    (end quote)

http://jfjbr.tripod.com/truth/stchat.html

Has Merrick published his book?
    If not, did the Ramseys also stop Merrick from publishing his book, like they did with LHP's book?

This a bit from a Larry King Live TV show in the past about this matter:

The Ramseys on Larry King Live:
    KING:
    "Any thoughts as to why. I think you mentioned last night $118,000 -- that's the bonus you got for the year?"

JOHN:
    "Well, it happened to be very close to my annual bonus that I'd received in February I think it was of '96. I don't know if that's significant or not or, if that's a clue. It means something to the killer, 118, $118,000 means something to the killer."

PATSY:
    "It's an unusual number."
    (end quote)

Can the Ramseys express it more bluntly? Doesn't it stick out a mile that the $118,000 sum meant something to the STAGERS - the Ramseys who wrote that note to throw people like Merrick under the bus ??!!

4. Karen

Karen Member

It's so sad so many people want to write a book but the threat of a lawsuit keeps them from doing it. Didn't I read somewhere that all the members of the Grand Jury have been released from the gag order? I would really like to read a book from one of them.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

They might have been released from the official gag order, but the LIN WOOD gag order is still in effect all over the U.S.

Publishers won't touch any Ramsey case books that are objective, or non-fawning of the Ramseys, for fear of lawsuit. Their insurance companies know the lawsuit is coming (as promised by Lin Wood), so they advise the publishers not to take the risk. The book would have to be a HUGE best-seller to recoup the money spent in defending a costly and long drawn-out Lin Wood/Ramsey lawsuit.

Fox News is the only entity that has ever been able to go the distance with Lin Wood and the Ramseys, and that is because of the deep pockets of Rupert Murdoch. Because they were able to see it through until the end, Fox News won, and the lawsuit was thrown out, but the money spent by Fox in the interim would have been too much of a drain on finances for a regular publishing house. Why do you think ALL of the other Ramseys lawsuits were settled? Because it cost the party being sued too much to continue. They were advised by their lawyers to cut their losses by agreeing to a settlement.

Lin Wood did nothing but commit legal extortion on behalf of the Ramseys. And he is ready to do it again because it is not only lucrative, it keeps his name in the papers, giving him the attention he desperately craves. He's built his reputation as a bully who's not to be messed with, and he's proud of that notoriety.

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Ugh. Don't remind me.

7. Little

Little Member

This doesn't exactly fit the topic here but since you are talking about LW, when I read this I wondered if LW would dust off his suin' shoes.

Apparently they didn't get the memo that you have to say absolutely an intruder.

8. Karen

Karen Member

You are correct but I still remember the show where Wendy Murphy stood up to LW on camera and wasn't intimidated by him in the least little bit. In fact she egged him on. I hope there are more out there like her. I wish there were more involved people in this case that have the balls she has.(oops, can I say that?) It would only take one person who has inside knowlege to step up and get things moving again, IMO.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

What if the book is slightly fictionalized with a small name change here and there to protect the Not So Inocent?!

I WANT this book.......:book::pray:

Almost as much as I want the Mystery of The Punisher revealed!!! :cowboy:

10. Little

Little Member

Here's another book with the JonBenet case used for some background. The title of the book is Never Tell a Lie:

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yes, Wendy DID stand up to Lin Wood both on camera and off. But Wendy can afford to do that because SHE is a lawyer herself. Wendy even included Lin Wood's threats in her latest book, just daring him to make a move, but like most bullies, he's a coward.

Lin Wood is only going to take on those who can't afford it. He picks on those he knows literally "can't defend themselves" in a court of law, so they have to hire someone else to do it. He's not going to challenge Wendy Murphy because not only could she go the distance as far as defending herself, she'd make hash of him in a courtroom.

A publishing house and Wendy Murphy are two different targets for Lin Wood. Publishing companies are having a hard enough time right now without taking on an expensive and frivolous Lin Wood lawsuit. They would have to have some big name author with guaranteed sales just to even consider putting out a JonBenet book with the truth in it.

The sad thing is, even a book that was objective and just had the facts would be sued. It wouldn't even have to be anti-Ramsey. Look at what happened to Carol McKinley and Fox News. All she did was report EXACTLY what the BPD detectives told her - that there was no evidence of an intruder. For that little statement, Carol and Fox News were sued by Lin Wood and Ramseys.

There IS no evidence of an intruder. That is a fact. That is the truth. There is NOTHING that would indicate there was anyone else in the house that night but the Ramseys. In addition, Carol was merely relating what official investigators had said. For that, she and Fox News were sued. Can you imagine if an entire book, laying out all the evidence, including photos of all of Patsy's matching exemplars were to be released?

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Excellent description of Lin Wood, Chero. But please, don't hold back.... :tsmile:

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well, you just keep your fingers crossed, now!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice