Susan Bennett/Jameson is illegally posting parts of Fleet White's sealed deposition

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, Apr 25, 2008.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Mikie has asked jameson about it.

"Question for jameson: On another forum they are saying that this is sealed material and not legal to post. Can you respond to that?"

2. Elle

Elle Member

Kind of nice to have a husband who is a government agent, Ames. I think I would be sitting waiting for him coming home every day with a long list of questions. :)

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Maybe the seal has been lifted after all? I'm not familiar with this aspect of US law. This just wouldn't happen here. It's unthinkable.

4. Jayelles

Someone asked where she got a copy of that deposition from. Who had a copy of it? Well I guess we know who didn't...

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/05172002Depo-GideonEpstein.htm

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Who was the judge who sealed it? Carnes? I wonder if the judge knows what jameson is doing.

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

I'm not familiar with this aspect of US law either.

Ames, if you could you ask your husband about this, TIA:
    Suppose the original remains sealed, and one of the parties who had been given a copy of the depositon passed them on to Jameson, then this would be an illegal act. Would Jameson also break the law by posting the copy?

7. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks, that's what I thought....she sounds like such a "lovely" person.

8. AMES

AMES Member

I haven't been on Jameson's site...is she publishing extracts..or has she posted the whole thing?? Is she paraphrasing anything? Or snipping the contents in any way???

9. AMES

AMES Member

Yes, it has its perks...LOL

10. AMES

AMES Member

I am quite interested in what she has to say. I don't go to the boards that she posts on...so keep me up to date on her answer, okay?

11. AMES

AMES Member

Now if the seal has been lifted...she can post it where ever and whenever she wants...that would be a different story.

12. AMES

AMES Member

He says yes..

below is another article that I found...regarding someone that was given a sealed document..and he posted it on the internet...he was held for Contempt of Court...and was taken to trial. I have snipped it for length..and is taken from the court document.

""None of Henson's allegations could possibly be a ground for
    relieving him from the contempt judgment, let alone constitute "clear
    and convincing evidence."2 As the Court will recall, Henson was held
    in contempt for his admitted posting on the internet of testimony
    sealed by court order
    Henson offers no evidence -- let alone clear
    and convincing evidence -- of any fraud, misrepresentation, or

---------
    Footnote

2 Nor, for that matter (and for the same reasons), could they
    possibly be grounds for relief from the copyright judgment, even had
    Henson's motion been timely."

13. AMES

AMES Member

My guess would be no...or she wouldn't be doing it. I believe that the seal must have been lifted...or else she wouldn't run the risk of posting it.

14. AMES

AMES Member

A Felony!

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...s_problems_continue/?rss_id=Boston.com+/+News

"Ladies and gentlemen, that is a felony. That is the only felony that has occurred in this situation -- the leaking of sealed court documents," Pirro told the New York Hispanic Clergy Association in New York.Pirro, a Republican, said she would contact Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez to request that a special prosecutor be assigned to determine the source of the leak.'

15. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Maybe Colorado Babe or someone who lives near Boulder can check with the court and see if Fleets depo remains sealed or not. If not then there is much ado about nothing. If so then hirself should be in a heap of trouble.

I know hirself is a code 6 wingnut but even Jammysue isn't stupid enough to post a sealed deposition - is s/he?

16. AMES

AMES Member

Definition of Contempt of Court.

CONTEMPT OF COURT - Any willful disobedience to, or disregard of, a court order or any misconduct in the presence of a court; action that interferes with a judge's ability to administer justice or that insults the dignity of the court; punishable by fine or imprisonment or both. There are both civil and criminal contempts; the distinction is often unclear.

17. AMES

AMES Member

More About Contempt of Court

Contempt of Court

Lawyers.com Email this article Print this page

Courts have inherent power to control courtroom behavior and to enforce court orders. Contempt of court occurs when someone disobeys a court order, shows disrespect for the judge, or disrupts judicial proceedings. There are two types of contempt--civil contempt and criminal contempt. In addition, contempt can be either direct (occurs in the judge's presence and disrupts court' proceedings) or indirect (occurs outside the immediate presence of the judge).

Civil Contempt
    Civil contempt occurs when a person refuses to obey a court order. Civil contempt can be "purged" by obedience to the court order. A fine, confinement in jail, or both can be imposed for civil contempt. The sanctions are meant to coerce compliance with the court's order rather than to punish the person. If jailed, the person will be released from jail when he/she complies with court order. The failure to comply with an injunction (a court order directing a person to do or not do a certain act) can be civil contempt.

Criminal Contempt
    Criminal contempt involves conduct that hinders or obstructs justice. Examples of criminal contempt include threatening or insulting a judge or witness and disobeying a subpoena to produce evidence. A trial attorney was held in criminal contempt for his disrespectful remarks to the judge in open court proceedings. With criminal contempt, the act of contempt has been completed and the contempt cannot be "purged." The punishment is imposed to vindicate the court's authority. Criminal contempt is punishable by a fine, jail, or both. The failure to comply with an injunction might constitute either criminal contempt or civil contempt, as noted above.

18. AMES

AMES Member

Depending on the seriousness of the crime...

CONTEMPT OF COURT (CC) - FELONY OR MISDEMEANOR DIVISION
    When ordered by a judge.

19. AMES

AMES Member

John Ramsey Sealed Deposition

http://jfjbr.tripod.com/truth/milesuit.html

You guys have probably already seen this...I stumbled across it by accident. I am not about to post the contents of it, I wonder if the people responsible for this, got into any trouble. I will post the first part of it, before the depo. began.

Page 4

1 I want to make sure that everybody in the room
    2 acknowledges that the court has ordered this deposition
    3 sealed and therefore the content of any testimony or
    4 activities within this room are to be maintained
    5 confidential.
    6 Is everybody in this room agreeable to abide by
    7 that order?
    8 MR. MORGAN: Yup.
    9 MR. CRAVER: I see nothing but affirmative nods.
    10 Nobody has indicated otherwise; is that correct?
    11 MR. HILL: That's correct.
    12 MR. CRAVER: Further, the parties have agreed
    13 that the information conveyed in this deposition as well
    14 as the content will remain confidential until ordered
    15 released by the court or released by agreement of John
    16 Ramsey through his counsel.
    17 MR. HILL: Correct.
    18 MR. CRAVER: And it is also agreed that these
    19 proceedings will not be commercially marketed without the
    20 agreement of John Ramsey.
    21 MR. HILL: Correct.
    22 MR. CRAVER: Everybody in the room understands
    23 that agreement?
    24 MR. MILES: Yes.
    25 MR. CRAVER: Within the parameters of those

Page 5

1 agreements, I'll allow you to proceed, Mr. Hill.
    2 MR. HILL: Thank you.

20. Jayelles

Find of the Week/Month/Year by Daffodil from WS/Sycamore/Topix. I copied her post from Topix, I don't think she'll mind :)

Brilliant

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice