Susan Bennett. Let the Spin and the Lies Begin

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Off topic!

You've got my attention, Jayelles. My husband and sons like a good Malt Whisky. I must admit, I hear them discussing the different names, but don't drink enough to talk about it.:) Thank goodness! Which one did you buy on e-Bay? Was it Laphroiag? My husband has Glenlivet in his stash. :) A Scotch and Soda every now and then goes down very nicely, thank you!

Chardonnay is nice with dinner. :)

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Give me a nice crisp glass of Chardonnay anytime, too.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It was a Macallan that I bought on Ebay. That's Hubby's favourite. We can't buy the 18 year old here for love nor money. It's all being exported. He has some pretty old whiskys which are not for drinking. We try where possible to buy two - one to drink and one to keep.

My biggest regret is NOT buying a special edition whisky that was bottled for Charles and Diana's wedding. It cost £25 at the time and now sells for thousands. Whisky is a good investment ;-)

Sometimes we have wine nights with friends and we get everyone to bring two bottles of "not run of the mill" wines. I then write out the descriptions of the wines on a sheet of paper and we cover the wine bottle labels up. Everyone then has to guess which wine matches which description. It's a hoot! We are completely crap at it but it's an enjoyable game!

4. Jayelles

Laphraoig

That's an Islay malt which is even more hideous than most. It's very dark and peaty and one of the few whiskies that I can identify! It's very unusual and has been known to render some people totally speechless!

Glenlivet is a nice whisky (I'm speaking as the wife of a connoisseur here).

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yes it is, and it is one of my favorites...and I only let ice cubes made from purified water near it too...LOL

Glenfiddich is another extremely smooth and fine tasting one.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Ah! Glenfiddich! This is in our house too, Moab. Nice!

Jayelles, when the American staff were over in Scotland, with the company my husband worked for, they were shipping cases of their favourite Scotch back to the U.S. when they found one they liked. The top man liked Laphroiag, and it didn't stop him from talking! :)

The wine game! I can well imagine the end results.:burnedup:

Just told my husband I was talking about whisky, and he showed me a whisky souvenir from the duty free shop in London - a black and gold canister with a salty old Scot in a tartan tammie at the wheel of a ship, and underneath it is the name "Bunnahabhain" Single Islay Malt Scotch Whisky ( pronounced
    Bu-na-ha-venn ). Have you heard of this one? I hadn't until now. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2004
  7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I've never heard of the wine game; it sounds like great fun! There used to be a poster, angel, who had all these pictures of toasts she'd post, and liked Pimms Princess (is there such a liquor?) I'm thinking it was, something I'd never heard of; her posts were so cool. I almost got tipsy reading them.

8. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Wow! You've got a memory like an elephant. I'd of never remembered the exact drink Angel liked. That was sooooooo long ago. We're you posting at the swamp back them?

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Freebird, I'm not sure that is what she liked, but it sounds right. Yes, I posted at the swamp when angel was there.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Looking back many years, I do remember having a cocktail called a Pim No.1 and it was in a small triangle type stemmed glass with a cherry. :) I think the base was Gin. They had several different numbers, for the different drinks.

11. Jayelles

Yes, we have a couple of bottles of Bunnahabhein too. It's a lighter malt than the likes of Laphraoig and Lagavulin. My hubby pronounces it Boona-"gh"avven - "gh" is pronouncd like loCH. I'm not a Gaelic speaker so I wouldn't know if he's pronouncing it correctly or not. Hubby's family are from Islay and Gaelic was their first language. His grandmother didn't speak English at all.

A particularly nice Islay malt is Bruichladdich. Again, it's not as peaty as the others. Hubby likes that one. I think we've got a couple of bottles of that too (a 15 year old and a 10 year old if I remember correctly). My cousin drinks Bruichladdich and he's more of a brandy drinker.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Printing your hoochen hachan Boona-"gh"avven post for Jimbo, Jayelles :) I will print one for my son too, and enjoy hearing him trying to pronounce the names. If they both have any Whisky questions, you'll find them in your mail box. You know all this, about Whisky and you don't drink it?

No! I don't speak the Gaelic either. Just a few words here and there! It is still spoken in Cape Breton in Canada. Personally I'd rather learn Italian.:luv:
    So romantic even when you're just talking about food.

The next time you're in NOTL we'll have to meet this Whisky Connoisseuring husband of yours.

Here's tae ye, Jayelles! Slange Var! ( Slainte Mhath). :toast:

13. Jayelles

Aye Elle :)

I DO know a wee bit about whisky. Even though I don't drink it, I am quite interested in it and Hubby likes to rattle on about it. Sometimes we go away for the weekend with just the two of us and I like to order him his whiskys and get him to guess what they are. That way he tries whiskies that he mightn't choose otherwise.

14. Jayelles

Elle

Check your inbox.

15. Jayelles

Rumbles on the Internet

Hmmmm. Interesting comment from jameson:-

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/434.html#6

So she notes that whilst in contact with the Ramsey campaign manager that certain ".... criticisms were not so easily dealt with". Then there was a carefully worded "suggestion" that jameson would get to man the webpage and tipline AFTER JOHN WON THE PRIMARY.....

Does this sound like a "deal" to anyone else? She doesn't elaborate what those "criticisms" are but she's hinted plenty over recent months that she has a story to tell....... Did she threaten to tell the story during the political campaign? Was that why the campaign manager made a "carefully worded" suggestion that she would get to run the webpage and tipline "after John won the primary"????

jameson clearly wants the webpage and tipline, it would after all be a form of recognition/approval. I wonder if her thread about sending in information was posted after her discussion with John's campaign manager (in anticipation):-

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/177.html

Perhaps the Ramseys will write another book?? I'd love to read episode 2 of "Rumble on the Internet"...LOL

16. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I would have to seriously question any contact between Jameson and Jon Yob. John Yob told me on July 26 that he had never met Jameson. The election was over Aug. 3. Of course that doesn't preclude him from having talked to her but my gut feel is that Susan Bennett aka Jameson was kept away from the powers that be during the campaign. Let's also remember that hirself has never been noted for being honest.

17. Jayelles

That thread was posted on August 2nd - one day before the election. Of course, John Yob could have been telling the truth when he said he'd never "met" jameson. They could have corresponded by e-mail or talked on the phone.

18. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Susan Bennett is a known liar. If one of these two is to be believed my money is going to be on John Yob strange as that might seem.

For what it's worth, I can't see the Ramseys introducing the likes of Susan Bennett to their political pals.

19. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Susan Bennett posted that she understood that John had to spend his own money in order to gain future employment.

The state representative job pays $56,000 a year.

One does not spend $50,000 to get a $56,000 GROSS annual salary.

It's NOT about the salary or "employment". Wake up.

20. she wounded

she wounded Member

Lies

We have some mix-up with the member hat part here, but we will get it right as things go on. This is Wounded JC I agree with you about Susan Bennett aka jameson. I will not get into the things that I would like to say about that woman. She is a back stabber, as many of the posters that I have dealt with on her website.It is so strange that she does allow her pets to attack people with the facts in their hands. Yes, she in my opinion is a money monger! She expects certain posters to have more say than others. Yes, she in my opinion stold money from the Jones family. Mr. Jones refused to give in to the flaming of some of her posters. I will tell the truth I DID send her a nasty e-mail, what did she expect she banded me and that was my only way to tell her what I thought of her. No one she knew in any of the cases were her children, or her friends. I will never lie to the posters here. Also as far as justice junction that site is controled by the same kind of person. That person allowed the same posters that had a conflict with other posters become moderators. I even have the e-mails to show that one of the moderators did not want me banded, But the main poster that was in conflict banded me. I will not post lies, I've posted a foul word or two, but a lot of this was because I had never delt with websites or flamers before. Those posters also used foul words and ended their post with, God Bless.That very same poster knocks me for my education I have learned a lesson or two and I,m ready not only to change posters minds about me, but to change laws over local DA's total control of seleted justice. Or should I just call it corruption. jameson says she has filed complaints on me, I have also filed some on her. I do know she did not respond to the BBB don't know what she did with the IRS! Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice