Susan Bennett. Let the Spin and the Lies Begin

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

You Southern ain't ya.....

Finally someone I can understand. LOL

Welcome... :wave:

2. she wounded

she wounded Member

Howdy! Freebird, thank you for that nice welcomeing! Before we get through you will know I'm from the back woods, of Arkansas, and East Tx. Oh, I spell like it sounds to me! So please forgive me for not being a scholar!

3. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

You'll soon see that's exactly how I spell too! I'm so glad your here :)

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Think of all the perks! Lots of parties to attend with free food and drinks. Opportunities for bribes, kick backs or whatever.

I think Patsy hated losing the election worse than John. The day after the election, someone posted the Rams pick and Patsy looked like she wanted to beat the crap out of John for losing.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

jameson: "Honesty doesn't come to mind."

No, I don't suppose it does.

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

My impression of the Ramseys has always been that they are utterly image and status conscious. As you know, I don't think the Ramseys killed JonBenet, and I think their unco-operative behaviour had everything to do with arrogance/indignation at finding themselves embroiled in a murder investigation and being asked to comply with lowly police officers. "The kind of people we are" kind of sums it up for me.

As WN and others have pointed out, the Ramseys were often charitable but wanted to make sure everyone knew about it. Certain celebrities will do charitable acts, but like to make sure it's covered by the press. Is that wrong? yes and no. I would say the charities/good causes are benefitting anyway and that has to be a good thing but many would argue that *real* charity would be done quietly and selflessly. We all admire the modest charity worker who devotes their time to good causes and never seeks recognition for it. We admire this person much more so that another who swoops in a blaze of photographer's flash bulbs to hold the hand of the sick and needy and in doing so, wants to make sure that the act makes the front pages of the newspapers. The motives are different but the end result is possibly the same.

I feel that the Ramseys were indignant at being treated as suspects but where others might bite their tongue and get on with it - for the sake of the investigation, the Ramseys were unable to do that. They had their images to think about, their friendships to consider. To them, taking polygraphs and being interviewed at the police station was too much like being treated as common criminals and THAT was way beneath them.

Having said this, I wasn't surprised that John Ramsey pursued a political career. Politics means power in the same way as money is power. I think power means even more to the Ramseys than money.

The sad thing is, that if the Ramseys HAD co-operated with the investigation and if they had used their money and power to champion the cause of JonBenet's unsolved murder and of other murdered children, then I feel that they would have become darlings rather than demons in the mind of the people. Sure there is evidence which appears to incriminate them, but not enough to charge them. There is also sufficient evidence of an intruder to place reasonable doubt in the minds of a jury. STILL, the Ramseys didn't help their own cause by behaving in such an obnoxious and self-serving manner as they have done.

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I so agree with you here Jay...and John might even have won the election. We could still complain, but he would be right back in power. This family wants everyone else to do the dirty work and the grunt work, they just want to skim the cream off the top. They couldn't be bothered with the rebuilding of their reputation in between by championing causes, they left that to Jameson, and see how that turned out ;). They got away with murder and they just want the bad feelings to go away, and for them to become socially acceptable again with little or no effort. They moved on a long time ago, and they want their old social reputation to hurry and catch up with that!

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

While I do not agree there is sufficient evidence of an intruder, because the so-called evidence 1) cannot be dated, 2) can have more than one interpretation, or 3) may be a result of public spin, I do agree that the Ramseys are absolutely image driven, which is why they conspired to cover the crime up in the first place, no matter who killed JB.

She wounded, I'm very curious about your hat. Is there a story behind it that you can share? I think most of our hats signify something. I am Watching you, because you will find me at the edge of a crowd watching everyone else. I'm a watcher. Freebird's hat seems obvious enough - she is a free bird.

9. Jayelles

Regardless of whether it cannot be dated etc etc, the evidence WOULD provide reasonable doubt. Remember that where there can be two interpretations of evidence, the jury must chose that interpretation which points AWAY from the defendent.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I agree, Jayelles, except that the interpretations have to be equally reasonable, and juries do have some leeway in determining what is reasonable and what isn't. In this case, a packing peanut that cannot be dated is not reasonable evidence of an intruder because there is a stronger possibility the packing peanut was already in the basement and not blown in through the window as Smit wants everyone to believe.

In the case of the DNA in the underwear, it is more reasonable to me that the DNA came from someone in the manufacturing process than it came from an intruder. The reason is, there is no foreign DNA anywhere else, and there should be if an intruder was in the house that long.

What other evidence of an intruder is there, really, that can't be explained away?

I'm reading a book right now, and wouldn't you know I can't remember the name of it, but it's about a doctor who murdered his wife while they were walking on a trail by a pond. They found the gloves he used to do it, and during the DNA processing of those gloves, partial foreign DNA other than that of the defendent and his wife was found on the glove. I really sat up and took notice, then, because these people used common sense. DNA can be transferred through any number of ways. In the case of the glove, the jury disregarded that foreign DNA as not being related to the murder. It's the difference between people with common sense and a few smarts sitting on the jury and those who think reasonable doubt is any doubt at all. That's not the way it's supposed to be.

11. Jayelles

Ramsey stories

jameson and Margoo posted something which caught my eye:-

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/438.html

Let's consider the Ramseys' position for a moment. They had already given their version of events on the morning of the 26th when it was still a "kidnapping". To change that dramatically would raise suspicion.

Then there is the point that the Ramseys really didn't know what evidence the police had (they tried to negotiate for it though) - so it would be difficult to have too rigid a story on some points.

I'll illustrate this with an example - a murder case where a woman was shot as she lay asleep in her bed. The killer tried to make it look like suicide - something which would be convincing as the woman was known to be suicidal. The person who shot her then told police that he had called to her through her door and that she had answered him telling him to go away as she wanted to be left alone. He claimed to have heard the gunshot shortly afterwards. The trouble was that the killer in this case was one of the unluckiest guys alive because unbeknownst to him, the woman had actually taken an overdose of barbituates several hours before he shot her in her "sleep". Detectives investigating the murder had the PM report which proved that she couldn't possibly have spoken to him when he said she had and that sealed his arrest. (Sounds like something straight out of Jonathan Creek doesn't it?).

The pineapple came as a big surprise to the Ramseys. I also don't believe that they didn't know Burke was awake and that they were oblivious to this for a few years after the murder. If that were true, it wouldn't say much for the relationship between parents and child. I think the Ramseys tried to protect Burke and that they told him to say he was sleeping. I think Burke let the cat out of the bag and they had to spin an excuse on that.

Anyway, the way to avoid something like this happening would be to be as vague as possible during questioning. The Ramseys were certainly vague. Plus, they avoided the interviews for four months and were able to say that they "didn't recall" many details.

Police tactics include methods aimed to catch suspects out on lies and inconsistencies. They can't really do that if you are claiming amnesia!

12. Elle

Elle Member

If they had nothing to hide in the first place, Jay, they should have gone to the Boulder Police Station without even complaining. Of course, the fault lay with Larry Mason here by not showing his authority strongly enough.

13. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you here. WY. The foreign DNA was from the manufacturer of JonBenét's underwear, and a jury should be made fully aware of this, if ever the Ramseys are charged with JonBenét's death.

I'm a great believer in Karma, and you mentioned this yourself in a post some time ago, that one day it will catch up with them. It will!

14. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Jc--lol!!

15. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Greetings, Wounded, and welcome aboard. I might have lived in the Northeast Texas regions at some point in my life. I hope to defy that in my execution of the English language, however, and may still need an interpreter to understand some of the more mangled mispronunciations of the local waitstaff there in the ArkLaTex. Oh well, that just goes with the territory.

16. she wounded

she wounded Member

"Howdy" Justchillun, Yes I'm just a country boy, some of my kin are from all over the US. I like most country people, but when my boy died, I found all country people, are not all the same. Some are corrupt cops and polititions! I hope to learn more about these cases as I go! So please bare with me. What I want to show people is about a local county that is as corrupt as are the state laws that allow DA to control. What I mean is selective justice, it must stop. To get that to happen it looks like we must have changes in the law. When people have conflicts, with agencies, then find that they can not be trusted, then they begg for help all the way to the Govenor, and the president. It's like being sent back to a insurance company that has refused to back up a policy that they sold. It is a Total conflict, without outside intrest there is no way to get help!

17. Elle

Elle Member

The honest truth

You might be a country boy Wounded, but you seem to be speaking the honest truth here. I'm not in the U.S. I'm in Canada, but I think the corruption you are speaking about is present everywhere. Having been involved in the JonBenét case for over three years now, this kind of corruption has raised its ugly head many times.

ex Boulder D.A. Alex Hunter for starters. He could have charged Patsy and John Ramsey, and he was too chicken.way back in 1997. D.A. Mary Keenan took up where he left off. So on and so forth ... ... and justice has still not been given to this little six year old who would have been a teenager today. It's all very sad.

18. she wounded

she wounded Member

The honest truth

Thank you Elle1, I'm not up on everything with the JohnBenet case. It's been hard enough as it is to fight for Steven, but we continue to fight. I will not make any statements other than the fact that a special prosecutor, should be involved just to control the conflicts.

I say this because of how local DA's can be and that there are people that DO influence DA's. I have endured lying from local law, local TX ranger, Howard Dunnam, to the captain of the TX rangers, Captian Vickers. He told me nothing would be done in my son's case and that is that. I told him, he did what we ask him not to do, send the same officers that are a conflict, to the case. That is the problem, they are corrupt, they all eat together on weekends and laugh about what they do to people. We were told by Cass Co. sheriff's departement that the grate TX Rangers were going to assist. I would rather have had the Boy Scouts!

19. Elle

Elle Member

Please forgive me Wounded, but I'm afraid I didn't know you were personally dealing with the TX Rangers relating to the loss of your own son, Steven. I am so sorry about this, and would need to read the full story. Is there a thread here on the FFJ board, where I can read about it, or elsewhere on the net?

Truthfully I haven't got involved with any of the other cases, just the JonBenét case because I read one of the books three years ago. I don't know how the other posters handle more than one. They are a lot younger than I am, of course!

Your post just caught my eye when you posted about corruption, and I agreed with what you had to say. I get so fed up with all the corruption in this case, but here you are dealing with it yourself for personal reasons. This must be very difficult for you. Once again, I am truly sorry you have lost your son. So this accounts for the ID of "Wounded."

20. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Hi, Elle - Moab started a forum under the Major Criminal Trial Forums where the woundeds are telling their story.

If you like stories about corruption, this book I'm reading, THE BOYS ON THE TRACTS, will tickle your fancy. jc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice