SwampBait........

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I just have to comment about the latest from the poster known as Saluda at the swamp. Saluda has a know-it-all attitude that turns me off, so I usually don't pay much attention. However, this post coming from her is not only wrong, it's dangerous.

The fact is, this "problem" of anitibiotic-resistant strains of "bugs" is NOT a lie, nor is it wrongly-produced hysteria. Saluda would do well to learn the facts before she makes misleading comments like this.

The truth is, viruses and bacteria have been around for billions of years. They haven't survived all those years by chance - they are ever evolving, a trait that makes it so difficult for scientists to pin them down. Viruses and bacteria are shape shifters - they can change their DNA to overcome obstacles to their existence, and they most certainly do change to outsmart the antibiotics. The indiscriminate dispensing of antibiotics for every little cold or malady that humans come down with has caused the current situation with drugs that are no longer effective on staph and strep bacteria.

Viruses shape shift all the time - the flu bug this year may change its DNA and come back as a different, more potent strain of flu next year or the year after.

Microbiology is a fascinating subject that explains how wiley bacteria and viruses are. One hopes that Saluda never contracts one of the highly-advanced and resistant strains of staph or strep bacteria, because there really is only one drug left that will counteract it, and that drug is kept under lock and key and special permission has to be obtained to use it. I know - my sister had that resistant strain of staph bacteria after her knee operation, and they had to use the drug on her.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

MRSA is an antibiotic resistant "superbug" and it is sadly very real. We've had quite a lot of news coverage of it here. My friend's father developed it in hospital and a another friend of mine had a wound in her foot which tested positive for it. In her case, neither she not the doctor had any idea how she contracted it. She hadn't been in hospital and MRSA is generally associated with hospitals.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

This is extremely serious, Jayelles, and it's a fact that scientists are concerned. The drug companies can't make antibiotics fast enough to keep up. It's not funny, and people like Saluda who see conspiracy in everything need to find out the real facts before they start giving out false information that could cost someone his/her life.

4. Jayelles

MRSA is pretty scary and it is NOT being underplayed here in the least. The Government are very concerned about it and keep highlighting the importance of hygiene in hospitals. They have been doing special studies on it.

I have always been leery of taking anti-biotics. Our doctors are pretty reluctant to prescribe them too which I think is a good thing.

5. Jayelles

Just a thought - maybe jameson is going to tell the "whole story" about the NE tapes.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I hope you don't mean "the real story" :couch:

7. Jayelles

Shock...horror...

8. Niner

Niner Active Member

that's really funny, Jayelles!! "Outer Mongolia" LOL! :nyah: Sounds like the packages that I send to my Mom and brother in Latvia. It takes about 7 days to cross America, from California to New York, where it is put on a plane, and it only takes 3 days from there to get to Riga! So I quite understand where you are coming from with your mail service!!

But! once that book is in the U.S., we shouldn't have any problems with sharing here! It's okay with me - I'll be waiting patiently!! :cheerful:

When you receive your book - let me know, and I'll send you my address!

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing! :bowdown:

9. Niner

Niner Active Member

well WY... what do you EXPECT from over yonder!!?? :404:

10. sue

sue Member

::yes::
    When I have an appointment, I am not usually thinking about whether the other person will show or not.
    I agree it sounds like SHE made an appointment, but she didn't make it WITH anyone.

11. sue

sue Member

In the past (like 15 years ago) most of the people who got MRSA had been hospitalized or in a nursing home.
    Unfortunately, MRSA is being found more and more in the community in people who have no connection whatsoever with hospitals, health care, etc.

But, anyway, back to our regular program.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Ha,ha,ha,ha! That's why I left Scotland!

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Speaking of Swampbait, I better not find out that my posts are being used over there. I haven't given permission, and there might be trouble! :snake:

14. Jayelles

Woops. Guess there might be trouble then.....!

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It's the 23rd!!!

I hope that Lin doesn't pull that old NoShow act like Darnay did in Atlanta.

I am not expecting jameson to be the hero but think about the possibilities before her! Think of all the answers that she and only she has the power to enlighten the world about. If I were in her shoes, there would be Justice for JonBenet, but unfortunately, we must all hold our breath, praying for that LAST chance at redemption that can only come from someone that hates us.

RR

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Be more specific.

Not that I care. But I will say this: even if I were to agree with some of the things they say, just their attitudes would turn me off. Anyone else feel that way?

17. carolbell

carolbell Member

swampbait

There have been a few times that I have agreed with them but their attitude stinks, so I do agree with you,Punisher.They look down on us like they are on a higher plateau or something.

18. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

There was an entire thread there devoted to you, The Punisher.

19. Jayelles

We are The Gutter. However, we have a full range of exclusive "Gutter Wear" that they don't have and they are so jealous.

[​IMG]

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I'm famous! LOL

Honestly, I don't know whether to be flattered or angry, so I'll go with "mildly amused" and leave it at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice