Tape? What tape?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

Very interesting, Madeline, indeed. It sounds like DeMuth was implying that they found photographs of JBR in the laundry room. Read early on in this questioning...Patsy asks if DeMuth is talking about photographs being taken of JBR in the laundry room and DeMuth says, "No, no, photographs of her located in the laundry room." In other words, they found photographs of JBR in the laundry room. I think it is very interesting because of the lint and dust they found on JBR's feet, post mortem. It seems to me that a laundry room is the best place to pick up dust and lint.

2. Learnin

Learnin Member

That's what Patsy asked? She asked DeMuth if he meant a picture taken of JBR in the laundry room and he says no. He says, photographs of JBR located in the laundry room. It seems to me that they found photographs of JBR in the laundry room...but then, toward the end, it seems as if there might have been a photograph taken of her in the laundry room.

3. Learnin

Learnin Member

Exactly! And by golly, now my interest is at fever pitch. Obviously, they showed Patsy a picture that really confused her.

4. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

yea but

If the picture of the spiral staircase showed a plastic bag that held things PR said she packed that morning, why take a pic of it during a "kidnapping"? It was on the Rams roll of film.

5. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

yea Learnin'

That is why the questioning is so confusing. PR did ask what he meant and he said pictures found in the laundry room. Then at the end he asks if JBR did something cute would she run and get the camera and he seems to be talking about a picture taken in the laundry room then. Something very strange was going on with that camera and those pictures.

6. Karen

Karen Member

Didn't JR say when the police said they wanted the film he clicked off the remaining film so he could remove it from the camera? He may have said that in DOI or in an interview, I'm not sure. What really grabs me about all this is that this questioning was all around the pics taken by the rams camera. There was a pic of the bar area with the scarf Patsy gifted all the men at thier Chrstmas party and IIRC in two pictures of the same area, in the Rams photo the legal pad was there and in the poilce photo it was absent. (Or I may have that backwards.) Then the questioning about Jonbenet and pictures in the laundry room. It does sound like Haney was saying pictures of Jonebent had been found in the laundry room but at the end he pretty much said there was a picture TAKEN of her in the laundry room. ALL this info is about pictures found on the RAM cam and Police photos. Apparently they were compared side by side. Anyway, it sounds to me like there was at least ONE pic of JOnbenet taken in the laundry room on the same roll of film turned in by the Ramseys that had the pic of the legal pad and scarf and plasctic bag of clothes. When was that pic of JB taken? And by whom? It doesn't sound like they actually let Patsy see it either.

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think they are talking about different pictures, some crime scene photos and some taken from the camera John gave the police. The picture I saw at ACRs had crime scene photo on it. It is also in the NE book 'The Police Files'.

8. Elle

Elle Member

I would think once the police arrive on the scene, of a crime/kidnapping it's up to LE to make all the decisions not the parents. A crime scene is usually deserted and taped off with the usual yellow tape, but of course in this case, we had Patsy Ramsey's sister Pam Paugh disguised in a Boulder Police Jacket removing a ton of evidence from the scene of the crime and Condoned by the Boulder Police. Checking off a list of stuff she was asked to get by Patsy and John, with John requesting his golf clubs.

How does anyone ever expect to solve this case under these ridiculous unusual circumstances?

It's like something one would see in a crazy Hollywood movie. I've never known anything like this in my whole life.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

What piques my interest is the comments about why anyone would take a picture like that. Also, he says that it isn't "exactly" the same photo the police took. It sounds ominous.

10. AMES

AMES Member

Right! That is what I remember too. I have seen this discussed many times before, and alot of the posters "guessed" that it was just pictures of random things, where the film was just used up aimlessly to finish off the roll.

11. Karen

Karen Member

I think this is is ST's book actually. He talks about the writing pad having been moved because it was in one picture and not in another of the same scene.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I know, I've read that too. But a photo of a writing pad, even if it was moved, to me would not need the comment "why would someone take a picture like that?" It also seems the line of questioning is about a photo of JB.
    UNLESS the Rs staged the notepad after they wrote the note and took a photo of it in various locations.

13. Karen

Karen Member

My guess is that Patsy was just refferring to it that way because there were a couple of pictures of just areas of the house, (that were messy) because John was just clicking off film so he could take it out of the camera. When I was going through my Thamksgiving photos I had 2 pisctures of some dinner rolls sitting on the kitchen counter. Just three of them. My husband said the camera went off and he didn't mean to do that, obviously. Those rolls looked so stupid!! lol!

14. Learnin

Learnin Member

Yea, it made you think that someone had taken a picture of JBR in the laundry room. Since Patsy was wrapping presents down there, would she have been the one? Darn, I wish I could see those pictures.

15. fr brown

fr brown Member

Going back to the issue of the tape here. Obviously the police pinned the tape down pretty well (an unusual tape manufactured by Shurtape, distributed by Bron, sold at McGuckin's). Now I'm wondering how the roll left the house.

The police searched the neighbors' garbage cans and the drains inside the house. Somehow I can't see Patsy running around the neighborhood in the middle of the night looking for a storm drain. Did she just walk it out of the house under the noses of the police?

Can someone steer me to a photo of Patsy leaving the house that day? I know she was wearing a long fur coat. Was she also carrying a largish purse?

16. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Fr. Brown,

Are you forgetting CAP and her wearing the police jacket while she looted the crime scene of God knows what!!! That's what happened to the roll of tape and it probably went out in the golf bag along with other crime scene goodies.

17. fr brown

fr brown Member

That's possible, I suppose, but she would have had to find it and, as I understand it, she was accompanied by a police officer who was keeping at least a casual eye on her.

I also have trouble imagining that conversation with Patsy: "Bring me my jewelry, my Nordie's card, the contents of the curio cabinet, our bank records, my passport and I'm out of duct tape. Be sure to bring me my special duct tape. It's behind the register in my bathroom."

I think the cops probably searched the golf bag. I would've.

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

You would've, I would've, but unfortunately, that doesn't mean they did. Pam was given carte blanche to take whatever she wanted to take from the house, and it was boxes and boxes of stuff. There was no real accounting of what was taken, just a general list, and it was all very loosey-goosey. The fact that Pam was given a BPD police jacket to wear as a disguise, and driven to the house in a patrol car to further the deception, shows someone in authority didn't mind what she took. Anyone who saw her and didn't know what she was doing might have thought she was gathering evidence for the BPD, so they wouldn't have thought twice about it. So many rules and evidence chains were broken in this case, it's pathetic.

I'm not saying Pam snuck the duct tape out that day. I'm just saying it's possible because no one was really keeping an eye on what she took. It could very well have been in the golf bag. If someone found it, the Ramseys could say the intruder put it in there.

It's also plausible, like you say, that Patsy took evidence out of the house in her coat or purse, or overnight bag, etc. NO ONE searched the Ramseys when they left the house. The Ramseys convincingly played victim until it was too late for LE to separate and question them as is standard protocol.

The Ramsey case is a primer in what NOT to do with a crime scene and suspects.

19. fr brown

fr brown Member

Which day did Pam do her raid? Dec. 28? Golf clubs are on the Dec. 27 search warrant so I'd like to think the bag was searched before Pam could get to it.

I'm sure the police were looking for that tape right away. If Patsy hid it in the house, she'd have to hide it pretty well and even then she couldn't be sure it wouldn't be found. And if it was, it would point directly at them because an intruder wouldn't hide it. I don't think I'd have the nerve to leave it in the house myself.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I don not think the cops searched the golf bag. I had read somewhere that Aunt P was allowed to go into the house alone and that no one was watching what she packed. She was supposed to be going in to get "some things for the funeral". I think the Rs had their clothes for the funeral donated by a local store.
    Aunt P filled 2 police cruisers with items from the house. None of it was searched.
    If most of the evidence was in that golf bag, (panties, tape, cord, etc) that was the ONLY reason I can see for JR asking for the bag. It was December in Colorado. He wasn't playing golf. Though he was headed to Atlanta, it was his daughter's funeral. I shudder to think of him playing golf then. Obviously, he would play again at some point, but there was no reason for the golf bag not to have been packed up by the movers and moved to Atlanta with the rest of the family's things EXCEPT that it contained evidence. There was simply no good reason for JR to ask for Aunt P to bring it.
    The cops didn't search the R when they left an active crime scene the day JB was found. I'd bet my life that they never looked in the golf bag. They may have looked AT the golf bag...saw clubs sticking out...but I don't believe they removed the clubs and looked inside.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice