The "Death of Innocence"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by momof2, Apr 1, 2005.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

The sign

Apparently, they didn't see my "no whining" sign.

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

the goodness of the media

The media giveth and the media taketh away (Primary Colors).

3. Elle

Elle Member

I think it can be taken both ways WY, but yes, you're right when one reads the following from the Ramsey's foreword. The Ramseys are actually talking about the actual death of innocence itself, as they see it. I stand corrected.

We believe the time has come for us to tell the world what really happened following JonBenét's murder. If by telling our story the balance of liberty is brought back to the consitutional premise of "innocent until proven guilty," then something worthwhile will have come out of this tragedy.

In the summary:

It is also a tribute to JonBenét, the creative, loving, vivacious little girl who was much more than the one-dimensional person the media portrays.

All I can think of when I read this title is the innocence that was taken away from JonBenét Ramsey.

4. Little

Little Member

Perhaps the Ramseys do not realize that premise "innocent until proven guilty" is meant for the courts and a jury, not the general public. Neither I, nor anyone else is under any obligation to be held to that standard unless we are sitting on a duly sworn jury. But, you know what? If they feel that we, the public has that obligaion then no problem! I feel there's enough proof...I vote guilty - do I hear 11 others?

Little

5. Elle

Elle Member

The "Boulder Hypothetical Daily News" 27 December, 1996.

RAMSEY PARENTS, BOULDER, HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR THE
    ACCIDENTAL DEATH OF THEIR SIX YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

6. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Little. I vote "Guilty!"

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Here's another ... I vote the Ramseys "guilty"!

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Guilty.

9. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Guilty!

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Guilty of manslaughter and conspiracy to commit fraud and obstruct justice.

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Guilty

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice