The DNA Question

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, Aug 19, 2006.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Ivy, Mjenn here! You taught me how to use those weird typeface codes long ago, didn't you?

I am so glad to see you here. Welcome aboard. Just be forewarned: we have a reputation to uphold of being very, very baaaad....

But it's all tongue in cheek, so remember that when you see us act shockingly.

2. Tril

Tril Member

OMG...MJenn! I was thinking of you just today and wondering if you were here. Good to see you! I was intending to start anew, using a different hat... but I blew my own cover. LOL Oh, well, that's okay. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have found out it was you under your present hat.

Btw, I think I do remember showing you a little html. You probably know more than I do about it now.

Yup, we're bad to the bone, all right! heh.

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Tril / Ivy ... I am as loathed by some as anyone ('cept maybe Jambo) ... yet I'm permitted to post here without a problem. Of course, I haven't unleashed one of my pateneted DimWit-ted rants yet ... so we'll see. Of course, Mame isn't here, so that may never happen :D

GREAT stuff, BTW.

...YumYum (aka DimWit and a cast of thousands)

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

Was the foreign DNA in JB's underpants found only in a bloodspot of JB or also on other, non-bloody parts of her underwear?
    For in case the DNA was only found in a bloodspot - just a thought: couldn't this DNA have been transferred to JB from the instrument (paintbrush handle or whatever) with which the vaginal injury had been inflicted?
    And old paintbrush maybe, which had been touched by many people before?

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I've missed the rants....can you have one slightly toned down?

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Interesting interview with Bob Grant. He is talking about the evidence that we know and saying that although it's a while since he worked on the case, he doesn't remember that there was a lot more evidence to come out - says there was a lot of evidence which shouldn't have come out.

He says that the handwriting is nothing - dismissed any suggestion that people could be ruled in or out on handwriting. Said it would be "icing on the cake" evidence only.

Someone asked him if John Ramsey wasn't cleared on hadnwriting and he said no - that as far as he was aware, John Ramsey was still under the umbrella of suspicion - that he'd never heard anyone say otherwise.

He said that the fingernail DNA was very degraded and that scientists are very reluctant to speculate about samples which are so degrade.

He said that the bootprint would be "icing on the cake evidence" but that there were other explanations for it.

He said that if karr's palmprint matched the palmprint in the basement - it would be powerful evidence.

He said that the underwear DNA would be the smoking gun if it matched but that if it didn't, the Boulder DA's office would have a job on their hands.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Originally posted by sboyd (Moved from picture thread)
    Tue Aug 22 10:37:00 CDT 2006

Dna

JAYELLES,

IS there any truth to the "fact" that the DNA in the underwear and under JB's fingernails is a match?

8. koldkase

I'm going to jump in and Chero can beat me later...because I HEARD THIS LAST NIGHT!!

That DR. Kablowski (sp?) forensics expert was on TV and he said the DNA under the fingernails did not have enough DNA to ever make a match to anything.

Wood is the only one saying this is a "match" because it fits his spin purposes.

The truth is the DNA under the fingernails was degraded and always was represented as such. It's old and broken and if a few markers match, they simply identify that it was a human being as opposed to a turnip that was the source. (My thoughts, not the DR's., in this paragraph.)

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Does anyone ever listen to me? Isn't this what I've been saying for the past how many years? No, there is no match - there CANNOT be a match, because there were only 2 or at the most 3 markers in the degraded fingernail DNA. How on earth would 2 or 3 markers match anything when it requires 13 markers for a match?

Think, people.

10. wombat

wombat Member

Oh Yes, Woody is behind this. He finessed it on LKL by saying Mary Lacy got the DNA sample accepted by the FBI.

That statement 1) sucks up to Lacy - Woody needs her love - 2) makes it seem that the DNA sample is adequate and 3) makes it seem like the FBI thinks they're gonna get a match. Classic Wood - not really a quality statement, but sure looks like one.

I listen to you, WY. You are my DNA guru.

11. Watching You

We never hear the other side of the story. I'm pretty sure that Lacy and Smit and Wood had to fight to get that DNA entered in the CODIS database, because I remember reading that it didn't meet CODIS requirements and that 10th marker was really very iffy. We don't hear from the FBI about that, only from that manipulating Wood about how the DNA is going to solve everything. We don't hear from the FBI probably because they have confidentiality clauses. But, Wood has no such clauses - he is free to spread whatever BS he wants.

Wood has been and still is blackmailing Lacy - take the case away from the BPD or I'll sue. Then he pats her on the head like a good little girl and tells the media what a good job she's doing. He's a first-class manipulating prick, in my book.

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Hey, shouldn't we have the results by now? At least the preliminary ones?

Are they gonna test it until something, anything can connect to him?

Maybe they'll match it cause it's human? male? and run with that for a while

13. koldkase

No, Sboyd, that myth has now been debunked by various forensic experts on TV, including Dr. Kablinski: it was degraded, only a few markers were present. Not possible to match to anything.

They just talked to the CBI guy who said the CBI has not done any testing with Karr. He also said the old DNA tests were reliable and that the only thing any new advances in testing has done is allow them to do the tests faster. He said the results are the same.

14. Blondieskatz

Blondieskatz Member

First post here on FFJ

I'm just going to throw this out there and see what everyone thinks.

How much of the killers DNA would actually be on the panties. If, I'm correct. didn't someone redress her in the size 12 panties?

Were the size 6 ever found? I would think those panties would have the telling DNA. If they weren't found, I wounder if JMK has them.

Just kinda thinking out loud.

15. wombat

wombat Member

My love for WY grows; it knows no bounds.

In the place in my head where I still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, I believe that the FBI and Justice Department is watching all this in light of Federal racketeering laws. Obstruct any justice lately, Dr. Tracey?

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Speaking of thinking out loud........

I wonder if Karr could have fit into those size 12 panties, which, while known to everyone, the press could certainly have a field day with that now that we know he was visiting that "clinic". I wonder if that's one of the things they claim "only the killer" would know

Just saying

17. koldkase

Blondie, go to the top of the forum thread page and open the "Bloomies" threads. The "modelling" thread has pictures to compare the Bloomies sizes...Jayelles brilliantly did this for us last month.

Also, the answers to your questions are there.

I heard Dr. Kablinski say this morning, while taking us on a quick lab run down of how DNA tests are performed, in a lab, no less, the sample he was using, cut from a fabric he had, shown with a blue light first, was "a billionth of a gram of DNA," and I think he meant the DNA was a billionth of a gram...but I'm guessing.

Anyway...he said you can't see it with the naked eye. Duh. And I don't think some people realize what molecular size really means.

To find a partial strand of DNA, with 9 markers...that's pretty iffy, and they will have to have more than that to convict Karr, even if he matches this, because he'll then be in the company of a millions who "match."

It's going to take more than DNA. And Wood has finally admitted this on LKL last night, in so many words.

Wood was not a happy camper. I guess his initial joy over "finding the intruder" wore off when reality hit.

18. Watching You

Oh, now, that's a visual, Barbara.

19. koldkase

Well, we KNOW you're da' bomb when it comes to DNA. Yeah, we listen. But I was just trying to give you source support...sorry....

I'm... :stupid1:

20. Watching You

I am not da bomb - my ex boss is da bomb when it comes to DNA, and everything I know about DNA came from him, but I wasn't talking about you, love, and I do appreciate your support. Don't be sorry...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice