The document says PARACHUTE CORD!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by heymom, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Amber

Amber Member

:uk: :uk: done...!

BTW you guys have discussed the cord being Parachure before :google:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-3767

KK said:I was watching "Cold Case Files" a woman was killed with a
    garrote. What really got my attention was the cord.
    It looked exactly like the one used on JB.

To make a long story short: It took sometime to investigate because the cord was so unusual. Come to find out it was cord
    from a parachute.

2. Tez

Tez Member

I don't remember, but that's because my brain doesn't work right since I started having seizures! Now I can laugh about that.

I am glad you have that copywrited, that way Tracey can't make any money off of your idea! LOL

3. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

BINGO! - The same guy who says the DNA proves the Ramseys are innocent. :floor:

DeMuth would have called it "parachute cord" because that makes it sound less ACCESSABLE to the Ramseys than calling it "hardware store utility cord".

4. heymom

heymom Member

Well, then, he's really an idiot because para-cord is totally common in Boulder. Anyone who hikes or walks or does just about anything outdoors probably carries some in their backpack. Plus, John is a pilot!

5. Amber

Amber Member

That's why Jams is so keen for it to mean nothing...and didn't JR once say the rope under the bed could have belonged to JAR as he liked to hike?

6. heymom

heymom Member

No one would carry a heavy rope along on a hiking trip. Honestly. You want lightness, you don't carry anything heavy if you can avoid it. Ounces count when hiking. If JAR did hike around Boulder, and he had any kind of backpack or daypack, he would likely have had some cording about the weight and diameter of the cord found around his half-sister's neck.

When I read Parachute Cord on that document, something just clicked - it made sense that that type of cord would be found in the Ramsey's house, being in Boulder and all. Kind of like the marijuana pipes found in the Midyette's house - normal for Boulder.

7. tylin

tylin Banned

Ahhhhhhh but my dear, money is thicker than blood. Being related means nothing...being free means everything.

8. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you KK. It would be highly irresponsible and incompetent of the lawyer writing the report to use a randomly chosen word with no direct application to the evidence in question to describe the evidence.
    Without a doubt it would be.

9. Elle

Elle Member

I just received a good report on my eyesight Blue, and I know I'm gittin' on, but pulease tell me where that damned word "utility" is in this photograph?:-(

10. tylin

tylin Banned

Elle,
    See the red candles in the middle of the picture? Go over to the left 2 packages and on the package of white cording it's listed as Utility Cord.

11. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

people people people

youre mising the obvious ..ina way...its "cord" of a certain variety... !!

Package it this way..its called Para...... this or that...
    Package another way...its called camping cord
    Yet another..its called utility !!

see the pattern ??

same cord !! different packaging...like lots of things on shelves.. its marketed to the niche its aimed at..

you see it with cars...electronics..etc.. dont worry what its called...just what it is !!..
    and whatever it is or called it sure looks a dead ringer ( npi ) for the garotte.

This cord could have been garnered in a 100 different ways..by anyone

12. heymom

heymom Member

I agree with you, Kanga. It's not some exotic, hardly-available or mysterious material. It's common, it's cheap, it's used a lot in Boulder and anywhere people do camping, hiking, etc. It was available in more than one store in Boulder, including McGucken's Hardware (which is more like an old-fashioned general store, not just hardware). The fact that some was used to strangle JonBenet is not important other than the point that it was widely available in Boulder and since the Ramseys were outdoorsy people, they probably had some in their house or garage (after all, they had a lot of JUNK!). Also, if it is called parachute cord and used in aviation for whatever purpose, John could have had some either at the hangar or at home.

Getting into a long discussion about the type of cord is pointless. It's like arguing about the color of the MagLite.

13. Tez

Tez Member

I love McGuckin's. We could spend hours in there looking around.

I want to go back home.....After DA Lacy is out of office.

14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, I was thinking about this last night, and you're right, heymom. The DeMuth report was written only a couple of weeks after the murder. I don't think the knot expert from the RCMP was brought in that early, was he? So DeMuth writing "parachute cord" could have been because they did identify it as parachute cord before they looked at it closer. After which they found it was Stansport, which was listed in that size and weave online for years on the Stansport online catalogue.

So it obviously is packaged in different ways, used for whatever purpose. It's like arguing about what you cook in a frying pan.

But I'd really like to know what the BPD concluded after all the analysis of the cord and knot. We have Steve's information, but he really didn't give us the definitive results of the cord and knot investigation, did he? So whatever it's called, there is no argument that the Ramseys would NEVAH have owned such cord. Like now there is no argument that they didn't have ANY DUCT TAPE in their home, as the DeMuth report clearly states they did. Which puts the lie to Patsy's claims AGAIN in the LE '98 interview, I believe, where she stated she didn't use THAT DUCT TAPE.

15. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

I agree. The BPD knows the cord was sold in two stores in Boulder, the Army/Navy store and McGuckens. A Ramsey receipt from McGuckens for an item of the same price was found, so there may be a connection there.

BUT, in the grand scheme of things the excess cord and tape are meaningless. If both had been found in the basement, the RST would just claim the intruder used those two items along with the paint brush, pen, and paper that belonged to the Ramseys.

Someday a new owner may even do some remodeling in the house and find the cord and tape hidden deep inside wall. That STILL proves nothing, as the Ramseys would claim the intruder hid them there and they have no idea why.

The only way the excess cord and tape would have any value to this case is if it could be proven, without any doubt, that the Ramseys DISPOSED of the excess items after they staged the crime. That would be impossible.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, tylin . I'm afraid it looks a bit smudged to me. It's not all that clear, for me. I had to dim this flat screen I have, I get migraines from bright lights, and my screen was too bright. Now I have to brighten up many photos. This photo is bright enough, but the blue printing could be better. Not that it matters. :)
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

17. Elle

Elle Member

BluesStrat:
    The Ramseys had to make sure no excess was left, to put more credibility on their intruder theory. Most intruders/ thieves usually have their own DIY kits in black drawstring bags, so they are hidden by the darkness.

18. sue

sue Member

I agree.
    I think most of the cord was probably used for whatever it was bought for and the staging used all that was left. There is an aweful lot about the cord use in the staging that just screams out 'excess cord'.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Right, Sue. They probably just used up what was in Patsy's artist kit, or in the basement.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice