The DoubleB Needs Help

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

As always OUTSTANDING Chero

I have to now laugh. Do you all remember a few years back when NOBODY wanted to be the first one to admit that although JBR was truly beautiful, she wasn't particularly talented? I forget who said it first and then everyone breathed a deep sigh of relief that they weren't the only ones who thought so.

We also know that she wasn't up to par academically either for a child her age. She was lagging behind in academics. Have we ever heard about how she behaved in social situations with her own peers? The RST would share some stories, etc., but do we really know? Was she arrogant? bossy? We just don't know

If you add up the lack of talent, the lack of academic skills and the potty issues, I can understand why Patsy didn't want her to start school and make it all public for EVERYONE to know. Patsy painted a picture of JonBenet as not only gifted musically (she wasn't), but gifted all around (she wasn't)

In school, Patsy wouldn't be there to push her and give her the answers. The cover would be blown, especially if someone started investigating the potty accidents which TRAINED professionals might have done.

No, JonBenet was kept close to the vest for a reason

"keep your babies close"...worked for Patsy didn't it?

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I was one of those unpopular ones Barbara. As beautiful a child as she was, she had no natural talent for singing - often times off key in the videos we have seen of her - with no voice range whatsoever, and I know 4-5 year olds who can read a tag on a Christmas present, so the fact that she needed help at 6 when Patsy touted her as gifted, blew me away.

3. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Paradox takes liberties again.

Thanks for ghost writing for me Chero, I only had to edit it a little.

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

Indeed, parents tend to brag quite a bit about their kids' alleged accomplishments in those fields. "My child is learning French!" often means little more than her being able to say "oui", "non", sing some songs and say some rhymes in that language. And scratching a little tune on the violin doesn't mean the child will be a future Paganini either. :)
    But 'violin' and 'French' sound good for the image of 'chic' which Patsy wanted to present ot the public.
    JonBenet on stage always reminds me of a living doll functioning like a puppet on a string. Poor little girl.
    Well said, Cherokee.
    And who knows, maybe Patsy even preferred being the mother of a dead beauty queen to being the mother of a severely brain-damaged child she would have to care for the rest of her life. Maybe that is why it took Patsy only a relatively short time to put the cord around JonBenet's neck after inflicting the head injury ...

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I always remember overhearing a discussion between two mothers regarding majorettes and how they wouldn't allow their daughters to be associated with such an organisation. It went along the lines of one mother saying how her daughter had asked if she could join majorettes and how she had reacted with utter horror.

I was surprised because I like marching bands and have always been impressed with someone's ability to twirl a baton.

Yet these mothers saw it as something that was beneath them!

6. Elle

Elle Member

Plus, according to Linda Wilcox who was there before Linda Hoffman Pugh. Burke was still wetting the bed too at the age of seven, so it seems Patsy's lacadaisical concern it was no big deal, both these children were not really helped, and yet there were sleeping pads on the market that one could put under the sheets, and still comfortable for the child to sleep on, but the first drop of urine made the pad buzz to waken the child to go to the bathroom. These were excellent aids to children in the 70's.

Don't know where Patsy's thinking was. It becomes a big deal for any child growing older who has a problem, but a very common one, which hopefully understanding parents handle with great care not to worry the child. Paty's head was full of pageant
    glitter, and this was her first priority.

7. Elle

Elle Member

I never thought JonBenét was talented. The poor little mite was just aping her mother's Miss Virginia moves.

Maybe little JonBenét was just plain fed up with the whole shebang, Barbara. Rebelling against wearing the same clothes as Patsy, which may have started the build-up of anger in Patsy. According to Linda Hoffman Pugh, the day before the White's party, JonBenét had also refused to wear a dress Patsy had chosen. I don't have the source on hand right at the moment, but by Christmas Day, I think they both had enough of each other.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

In the context of the murder, I believe these issues are worthy of consideration.

We don't know the extent of JonBenet's "accidents", but we do know she was a six year old in kindergarten.

We do know she was sexually abused when she was murdered, and before that night, as well.

We do know that she had 27 visits to Dr. Beuf in her short life.

We do know that within a week of her murder, Patsy called Dr. Beuf's office three times in one hour, after office hours. Patsy "didn't recall" why when asked by LE. Notes by Dr. Beuf's office on that incident have not been revealed to answer that question, either.

We know JonBenet was alleged to have been sick at Christmas--was that Christmas Day, or Christmas Eve day? But her autopsy revealed a healthy child, other than being sexually assaulted, bludgeoned, and murdered.

JonBenet doesn't seem to have been a well child in her last month, at least. Perhaps the stress of performing so much in pageants, at the mall, in the parade, and at her school...were taking their toll.

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hm. Maybe the turn in topic on this thread does need to be put on a thread all to itself. Perhaps a kindly mod would do that for us....? :bateye:

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

JBR was a patient of Dr.Beuf for the last three years of her life; she lived in Atlanta before that, so that makes almost 10 visits a year average. But I'd love to see how they were really spread out. If there were 10 in 2 years, but 17 in the last year- that would really raise a lot of red flags.
    I'd also love to know the reasons for JBR's frequent Monday visits to the school nurse. It is puzzling to me why access to her school records was denied to LE by the DA's office. This is a murdered student in that school. If you want to solve that murder, why block access to ANYTHING that could help. Of course, I can answer my own question. It's the same reason the DA refused to order the R's cellphone and house phone records given to LE. By the time they got them, the December records showed NO calls. Who doesn't make cell calls in December- Christmas shopping, Holiday plans, etc?

11. Elle

Elle Member

I remember reading JonBenét wasn't too well around Christmas, KK. They seemed to skim over Patsy's call to Dr. Beuf. This was all very carefully swept under the rug by the RST. I think the Dr. Beuf visits should have been explored more thoroughly.

It doesn't matter what anyone comes up with which deserved more time , the RST were successful in taking care of it, and Patsy was kept out of jail for ten years. This was the RST goal. They succeeded. Patsy would never have survived ten years in jail with her health.

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

Children can switch roles. I believe that at those moments when JonBenet was not in a position to have to perform on stage, she 'relieved' herself in more than one sense, and imo asking whoever was around to wipe her was her way of crying for help to be cared for and looked after.
    For the pressure to function like a perfect living doll on stage must have been enormous.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Something far wrong with a little six year old prancing around a stage in dazzling outfits, making provocative movements, and yet she would sit on a toilet yelling for the first available person to wipe her bottom. What a sad state of affairs, rashomon. There was something far lacking in the whole Ramsey and Paugh family. Their priorities were all screwed up.

14. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I do have to say that my younger 2 were 6 in kindergarten. I wish I would have done it with my oldest. I remember the day sitting in the classroom of my oldest. The woman was telling me to hold her back again in kindergarten. My ego would not have it. At the time, I did not understand maturity. "What are you saying? My child is not smart enough?"
    My oldest, yes...she is fine. Will graduate at 17.
    Looking back, I wish I would have held her back.
    To graduate at 18, almost 19....no big deal. As they get older, I can see where a year can make a big difference in maturity.

15. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, all the signs point to a history of abuse.

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It almost seems like she had no boundaries as far as her body is concerned. Most young children really don't like being touched (hugged, kissed, even simply holding the hand) by people they are not close to. So JBR's behavior is unusual from that perspective.
    I never pushed my child to "give aunt so and so a kiss" or sit on anyone's lap f she was reluctant to do it. Kids have to be allowed to refuse to be touched or to touch anyone else.
    It seems like JBR was never told what was not acceptable as far as bathroom habits.

17. heymom

heymom Member

If her own boundaries were being violated (and we know that they were, because Patsy was forcing her to do all sorts of things), especially through abuse, she would not have known what was or wasn't appropriate as far as access to her private parts. Children who've been molested no longer feel in charge of their bodies, because they aren't - the abuser takes control and tells them that there is nothing they can do to prevent the abuse.

By treating JonBenet like her own little dolly, and forcing so many things upon her, like dressing as her Mommy, taking French lessons, violin lessons, and of course the pageants themselves, as well as being fitted for costumes, taking photographs, etc., Patsy was training JonBenet to allow other people to have their way with her. When you learn from a very early age that you are NOT in control of what happens to you in any way, what does it matter if someone starts to mess with your privates? The learned helplessness is already in place.

Of course, JonBenet was strong-willed, so she hadn't given up the fight yet - she didn't want to dress like her Mommy and still had tastes of her own. I have the feeling that, had she lived, she would have rebelled against Patsy in some pretty serious ways, even before she was a teen.

18. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Well said heymom.

19. heymom

heymom Member

Glad to see you're back, and not your back. :)

20. Little

Little Member

From PROLOGUE JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation
    Little Miss Christmas
    Page 6
    (PG 6 JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation)

Just a few Sunday afternoons? Just one of the many lies Patsy told.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice