The DoubleB Needs Help

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Feb 3, 2008.

1. heymom

heymom Member

We never got a chance to hear from Little Miss Christmas herself, whether or not she wanted to do the pageants, and whether she wanted to keep doing them once the fun went out of it. I don't believe Nedra and Patsy would have accepted JonBenet saying "no," especially from the quotes above and the one about JonBenet wanting to put a sweater over her dress and Patsy telling her she couldn't because she was "still on display."

So I take these quotes about JonBenet "loving every minute" of the pageants with a grain of salt. I have a feeling that she probably didn't have much of a choice, don't you? I don't think Patsy had much of a choice, either, for that matter. I think Nedra was determined to have a Miss America, and she tried 2 of her 3 daughters but never made it.

2. Little

Little Member

Heymom wrote:
    What little girl wouldn't have some fun playing dress up, getting her mother's, grandmother's and aunt's complete attention? However, what little girl wants to work a full time job? A job that made more huge demands upon her time, and meant she had to please more people than any 5-year-old should ever have to endure.

These pageants were not about JonBenet IMO. They were about over the hill, shallow women trying to hang on to JonBenet's coat tails.

Hmmm, not unlike some of the people who inhabit certain forums trying to make a name for themselves.

Little

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I am sure there were times when JBR really enjoyed the pageants themselves. I am also sure she didn't love every minute of it- and there were probably a LOT of times she was tired of the dance lessons, rehearsals, fittings. She was young enough not to feel jealousy and resentment coming from her peers, but I am sure there was plenty coming from their mothers. PR was also the kind of stage mother they'd love to hate.
    I do remember reading where Nedra was asked what they would do if JBR didn't want to compete any more. Nedra said "We will say 'JonBenet, you WILL do it.' " That was chilling.
    Yes, Nedra missed with two of her daughters- she was going to HIT that mark (Miss America) with her grand-daughter, whether the child wanted it or not.

4. Elle

Elle Member

I can almost hear Patsy saying, "It's just a few Sunday afternoons, JonBenét, and soon you will just be like Mom, walking the boards of the Miss America contests; grow up and marry a rich CEO, twenty odd years older than you are, live in a big mansion, and have Christmas trees in every room. What a wonderful life awaits you!"

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Somehow, I can just picture her thinking about this now from Heaven and saying "Whew!- dodged a bullet on THAT life!"

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Okay, it gets WORSE. A new swampster has a new theory: that JonBenet was a PINATA. Aboleyn has proven how important it is to have a head. (Get it? Anne Boleyn was beheaded...hello? Anyone? Nevermind.)

Then after Jams calls the idea absurd, DEAR OLD MIKIE comes to boleyn's rescue and proves how easily one can take odds n' ends and make an ABSURD intruder theory EVEN WORSE!

7. koldkase

And if that's not entertaining enough during the writer's strike blowback, the BB needs MORE help...in the forum of DRUGS for the MENTALLY ILL:

Y'all remember Lighthouse, don't you? Southern Bell Telephone Company did it? And don't miss the fireworks on this one: Lighthouse implies one of the few posters at the swamp who has exhibited some sense through the years is either PART OF THE CONSPIRACY...OR LYING. That's LadyBug! Lighthouse gets all paranoid because LadyBug finds a link to him which is a marketing site.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Where do they GET this stuff? WHAT marks on her wrists? There are NO marks on her wrists. There was never a cord pulled tight around either wrist, and no indication whatsoever that she was hung by ANYTHING. Do any of them ever LOOK at those autopsy photos or read that report? Do they read anything except DOI and Webbsleuths? Jeeze, I read everything I could find for 2 years before I'd even think about posting an opinion for others to read.
    All it takes is to do a little homework. Read and google. Study forensic pathology sites. Learn about rigor mortis; livor mortis, algor mortis. There'd be a lot fewer IDIs if that was the case, I bet.
    ~
    Pinata, indeed.

9. AMES

AMES Member

And what's this about a rope in a tree? Never heard THAT one before. Like an intruder would hang her by her wrists in a tree, and then take her to the basement. What is WRONG with these people??

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It's like they live in a parallel universe.

11. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, or the Twilight Zone....or maybe smoking something.

12. koldkase

There was a flip flopping tab reporter back during the early years of the case whom the Globe paid to go to Boulder and insinuate himself into the case. Which he did too well, I might add: Jeff Shapiro is the ex-tab reporter Hunter got all back-slapping with, Thomas got back-stabbed with, all before Shapiro backed down from his RDI theory...and then back again...and who knows what he'll write next about the case, as he pops up somewhere every few years with another POV.

While in Boulder making buddies with JAR and finding his religion at the Ramsey's church, at one point Jeff went snooping around the then empty Ramsey home and found a rope--part of a rope, whatev--hanging from a branch of a tree outside the home. Lots of speculation came from his report of that, as you can imagine. And as you well know by now, the IDIs/RST still use it to this day as if it really means something when it's convenient to pull out of the Magical Intruder Hat. POOF! INTRUDER EVIDENCE!

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

Shapiro always reminded me of one of those sleazy private eyes in Hollywood's Black Series of the forties. :D

Deceitful and slippery as an eel, Jeff Shapiro conned them all. Imo Shapiro was in this case not to get justice for the victim, Shapiro was in it for Shapiro, thriving on the feeling of personal power as a case player.
    In terms of his personal RDI or IDI theory, I think Shapiro the opportunist will jump on whatever bandwagon he believes will bring him the most media spotlight.

Crazy, isn't it KK, how the IDIs will jump at those evidence-unrelated items and use them to construct their outlandish intruder scenarios.

When reading for the first time one IDI's theory who thinks JonBenet was "hung from a tree", I thought at first he was being satirical, and sat there open-mouthed when it dawned on me that he really believed that stuff!
    On top of that, he embellished his theory with astrology charts and "saw" additional alleged 'stun gun' marks on JonBenet's body which were nothing but little marks which every six-year-old gets on her legs from playing outside in the summer.
    Any attempt on my part to point this out to him fell on deaf ears - instead of a reply, he posted the same crazy 'stun gun mark' picture again.
    "Don't give me the facts, my mind is made up" is a classic IDI credo.

IDIs on JBR forums have posted 'suspect lists' which seem to be taken from a cheap whodunit: the housekeeper, the rich banker, the photographer, the gardener, even the window washer, lol ... I expect the mailman, the fishmonger, the plumber and the newspaper boy will show up on that list before long also. :D

Anyone is suspect to the IDIs - anyone but the Ramseys, the only people whom the evidence implicates. Denial is a powerful force.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

You speak the truth.

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

That's exactly the perfect term. I always feel like those posters wake up and decide to play Opposite Day!

16. AMES

AMES Member

Or Stupid Day!

17. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Heads up -- do we see Jameson admit to engaging in actual illegal behavior here? In a thread titled "WHAT WOULD LE FIND YOU UR HOUSE?" (for pity's sake, Biz, it cost you nothing to just put in the word "in" and take out the space and the extra "u"):

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID79/304.html

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I can understand, if a doctor writes a medically unnecessary prescription, that is an illegal act. Writing prescriptions for a bread-baking housewife who just wants to have God knows what kind of drugs around that are not in active use but are for Just In Case seems a bit like the act of a Dr. Feelgood, no?

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Correct you IF you're wrong?!

Now that's funny....... :floor:

That's a great snag and sure does explain some things!

19. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

What odd wording..."might look strange when a person is saying they don't TAKE drugs." As opposed to -- what? Giving them out? Distributing medically unnecessary drugs obtained illegally, why a person might almost call that dealing drugs.

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I'm interpreting this differently. I think she is saying that her doctor has prescribed certain medication for her, but that she chooses not to take it and if asked, could deny that she is "on" this medication. Therefore, if LE then searched her bathroom cupboard, they would find it and have questions to ask.

There is no doubt that being on *certain* medication carries a stigma. We've all seen over the years how jameson will word her "misleading statements" so that she isn't "technically" lying so this could be more of the same. i.e. if she was asked if she was taking certain medications or on certain medications, she could truthfully say "No" because technically and truthfully, she isn't actually taking it and therefore isn't "on" it.

Just a guess. Clearly the medication is deemed necessary by her GP or he wouldn't prescribe it and I can't think of a good reason for accepting medication and not taking it (unless someone was storing it up for a massive overdose). If I didn't want to take medication, I'd simply refuse it or not go to the doctor in the first instance. Her doctor probably thinks she is taking it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice