The Injustice Continues. The letter from the Whites to Governor Owens

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Fantastic. Not only is DejaNu's post outstanding, it serves as notice to Governor Owens that the pressure is not going to let up and we are not going to quietly go away.

2. Sprocket

Sprocket Member

Thanks DejaNu...

Absolutely blow you away, articulated arguments. Worthy of final sumation!

3. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

While you were out...

...and while Fox news was in the neighborhood, why don't we submit the above to another, syndicated nationwide advocacy show, in order to propagate the potential for change by putting the national media attention on the discrepancies within the CO system of justice? Any able takers? Don't tell me that Marvin Zindler from Houston will have to handle this one... :cool2:

4. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. RL does get in the way sometimes. Tricia et al did a fantastic job with Ms. Honssinger and I just wanted to acknowledge it. I was very concerned when she posted that Owens was sending his head-talking head to meet with them cuz I expected a legal tap dance, much like Ms. Honssinger's performance. She didn't disappoint, but our gals out tapped her that's fer sure!

WY, like housewives don't have a brain too? Please! The women on this forum, as Tricia et al just proved, are the best on the web. And aside from a very active career, I've also made a home, raised a child and kept a husband for many years. Women can be all things, and IMO are God's wonders of the universe, plain and simple. No diss to our male counterparts.

Thanks for all the kudos on this thread, friends, but I'm sufficiently :(:(:(:(ed at the obvious dodging of responsibility by the leaders in CO and when I get :(:(:(:(ed, my mouth starts running. Easy Writer's post is also quite salient on this issue and I would suggest also faxing/mailing it as well.

Absolutely! Let's do so ASAP. Coordination of effort on all fronts is a very wise strategy!!

Sprocket, I will rest my case when "that child" may rest peacefully in her grave. Till then, FFJ is NOT going to go away; we are NOT going to let CO sweep this precious child under its rug; we are NOT going to allow the Ramseys and Lin Wood to continue controlling this case. Lin Wood is THE poster child for what is so despicable in the legal profession. JonBenet Ramsey WILL get justice, and that's a promise, Honey.

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  5. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

DejuNu:

“Thanks for all the kudos on this thread, friends, but I'm
    sufficiently :(:(:(:(ed at the obvious dodging of responsibility
    by the leaders in CO and when I get :(:(:(:(ed, my mouth starts
    running. Easy Writer's post is also quite salient on this issue
    and I would suggest also faxing/mailing it as well.â€

There is something I did not intend to post, at least, not at
    this time, but given the circumstance and your comment, I have
    changed my mind.

As I read your excellent legal arguments of mandate as opposed to
    arbitrary, I already had in the mail (regular snail mail) a
    package to Ms. Honssinger. The package contains my letter of May
    20, 2003 to Mary Keenan along with a cover letter.

I was very pleased with Ginja’s suggestion and Tricia’s follow up
    with your post sent to Ms. Honssinger. The arguments in my letter
    to Keenan shows her bias and incapability in regard to the
    evidence in the case. This will more or less arrive in tandem
    with your sound legal arguments, thus, each supporting the other
    in the bid to have Keenan removed from the case. They might well
    ignore it all, but they can’t later say they weren’t informed
    from every angle.

There is no doubt that Tricia’s efforts and the others who made
    the trek and presented the petition along with arguments has
    opened a very wide door. For that, we are all very appreciative
    and very grateful.

The cover letter sent with the Keenan letter is as follows:

May 4, 2004

CYNTHIA HONSSINGER, CHIEF LEGAL COUNSEL
    OFFICE OF GOVERNOR, STATE OF COLORADO

Dear Ms. Honssinger,

You recently met with Tricia Griffith and other FFJ Forum members
    regarding the matter of a special investigator in the Ramsey case.
    As a member of the same forum and friend of Tricia’s, I clearly
    understand the motivation behind her actions: Many critical truths
    about the case have been hidden from the general public and from
    many in authority as well.

Mary Keenan is in large part responsible for this, therefore,
    totally unqualified to conduct an unbiased investigation. The issue
    is not about new evidence, but evasion of the old with a seven year
    time lapse and millions of dollars spent with nothing to show for
    it. The ghost chase goes on. Don’t you think the time is long
    overdue to end the farce?

From the outset, the actual evidence ruled out intruder, yet myth,
    litigious mayhem and fairly tales took on a life of their own and
    the truth remains buried. To be very direct and brief, Mary Keenan
    knows full well there is no evidence of an intruder, yet continues
    to pretend otherwise.

I do not make such a statement lightly and not without being
    infinitely prepared to back it up. Ask Mary Keenan to name just one
    item of evidence of an intruder and she will be unable to do so.
    Literally all of the alleged evidence of an alleged intruder has
    been refuted in a certified letter I sent to Ms. Keenan on May 20,
    2003. Not surprisingly, it was ignored, not challenged.

I am enclosing a copy of the letter. I regret it is rather lengthy,
    but a necessity in view of all the fallacies that had to be
    exposed.

I am very cognizant of the fact that you have many duties and time
    is at a premium. However, if you will take the time to read the
    letter, I believe you will find the effort more than worthwhile.

Sincerely,

6. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

EW, you're the BEST! What a terrific letter and handy way to get your work in front of those who have the power to do something with this case. Yes, the timing should be tandem and perfect!

I have no doubt that everyone's work on the issue of Keenan's suitability to continue handling the Ramsey case is creating more than sufficient legal foundation for subsequent action should Gov. Owens refuse to act appropriately. Let's hope Ms. Honnsinger and the good governor also realize it.

My mom, like Spade's, was famous for her wisdom. She always said, "If you're not part of the solution, then you gotta be part of the problem!" Soon we should discover what side of the bread Owens' butter lies on.

7. purr

purr Active Member

thanks delmar

you are wonderful and so courageous....

and taking action........!

your letter is so eloquent!

and i pray not only Cynthia reads it, but
    Govenor Owens!

thanks for being you....and being on
    top of things!

you are the greatest,
    purr

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

3/23/2000
    Owens not in on deal between Hunter, Smit

by B.J.Plasket
    Daily Times-Call

BOULDER — While deciding last fall not to appoint a special prosecutor in the JonBenet Ramsey case, Gov. Bill Owens was apparently unaware of a secret agreement in which prosecutors agreed to give up evidence to a former detective who now works for the Ramsey family.

While Owens and his team interviewed police and prosecutors and were made privy to most of the evidence in the case, a source close to the situation told the Daily Times-Call the governor was never told about an agreement under which former investigator Lou Smit was given total control of photographs, a crime-scene video and other information contained on a compact disc.

The agreement between Smit and District Attorney Alex Hunter was made under seal in March 1999, only months after Smit left the case and only weeks after Hunter filed a motion demanding the return of all material gathered by Smit during his 18 months as a special investigator.

Most of the information given to Smit was contained on the disc, which Smit admitted preparing with the help of a former associate in the El Paso County Sheriff's Department.

Hunter, in the sealed motion, told the court Smit's sharing of the information with an outsider was inappropriate and demanded Smit return the materials and destroy all copies.

Hunter quickly reversed his field, however, and in late March 1999 signed an agreement allowing Smit to share any case information with anyone he chose after Oct. 1, 1999.

That agreement was unsealed early this month.

Owens, through spokesman Dick Wadhams, refused to comment on the Smit information.

"The governor is not answering follow-up questions to his comments earlier this week," Wadhams said.

Owens this week got into a public exchange with John and Patsy Ramsey over the level of their cooperation in the investigation into their daughter's death. Owens also criticized Barbara Walters' interview with the Ramseys , which was broadcast by ABC-TV last Friday.

Assistant District Attorney Bill Wise on Wednesday said although he was not involved in last fall's meetings with Owens and his staff, he assumed the Smit agreement was not conveyed to the governor.

"I'm going to doubt it was brought up," he said. "It was not important within that context."

Hunter, meanwhile, has refused to comment on the agreement, which was reached shortly after Smit's lawyers brought up allegations that Hunter himself had leaked sensitive case information and had attempted to conspire with tabloid reporter Jeff Shapiro and others to discredit former Boulder Detective John Eller.

Wise on Wednesday said he has "no worries" about Smit misusing the information he took with him from the investigation.

"I have a lot of respect for Lou," Wise said.

Hunter arrived back in Boulder early Wednesday after attending a conference in Connecticut along with Henry Lee, the forensic scientist who heads Connecticut's state crime lab and who is also working on the Ramsey case.

Wise said Hunter usually "talks in generalities" with Lee about the Ramsey case at such conferences.

Wise said he has no knowledge of a meeting between Lee, Hunter and Ramsey prosecutor Michael Kane that will reportedly take place in Boulder, perhaps as soon as this week.

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner earlier this week acknowledged the FBI is still conducting tests on crime-scene evidence.

A source inside the investigation this week said the Colorado Bureau of Investigation "screwed up" tests on some evidence and that the evidence is being re-tested. It is unknown if that evidence is the same being examined by the FBI.

Funding for the Ramsey investigation — including money to pay Kane's part-time salary while he practices law in Pennsylvania — could run out as soon as the end of this month.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

EXCUSE ME?! We need to be on the phone with the Gov as he stated that he would consider appointing a Special Prosecutor IF there was new evidence and Mary Lacy claims that there is!!!

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

And you're thinking the gov'nor actually meant this...why...?

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I forgot to thank you, RR, for posting that article about the DEAL between Hunter and Smit, which resulted in Smit going on his PROPAGANDA TOUR ON BEHALF OF THE RAMSEYS.

I find this the single most TELLING quote in the article, as it shows exactly how STUPID and/or DECEPTIVE the DA lawyers in Boulder have been since this case started:

Exactly WHAT would Wise consider MISUSE OF INFORMATION/EVIDENCE IN AN OPEN MURDER CASE? Giving it to the PRIME SUSPECTS? Parsing out SELECTED evidence out to THE MEDIA to proclaim THE PRIME SUSPECTS innocent and the BPD GUILTY? USING IT TO PROMOTE HIMSELF AS THE "EXPERT" IN THIS CASE WHILE TWISTING AND MISSTATING THE FACTS AS OFTEN AS HE CAN ON TV AND EVEN UNDER OATH TO SUPPORT THE PRIME SUSPECTS IN A DEPOSITION USED TO GET A DISMISSAL OF A CIVIL CASE?

USING THAT ORIGINALLY STOLEN POWERPOINT TO DESTROY THIS CASE FOREVER BY PUTTING IT IN THE HANDS OF SUCH NUMSKULLS AS JAMS AND TRACEY?

But then again, Wise was Hunter's right hand, wasn't he? So I guess he was on board with Hunter's TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF THIS CASE all the way.

And they're not even subtle about it, either.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

KK, do you mind if I quote this post in my book?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice