The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - The Book

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cranberry, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Because the Brodie play was ingrained in her head, and entwined into the ransom note.

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

The reader gets this impression. I think M. Spark put a lot of herself into this character.
    But this would put JonBenet in the role of Miss Brodie. (?)

3. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Welcome to the Matrix.

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

What Matrix?

5. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

No, no, no. That's not right. Now I can't offer you the red or blue pill!

The right question is: What is the Matrix.

It's the question that drives us.

6. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Rash, Have you seen the movie "The Matrix?"....
    I do believe that is what Paradox is referring to.

Paradox, I do agree with a lot of what you say.....but I do believe that John Ramsey was the killer, even if accidental, then Patsy came in to play.....

7. Elle

Elle Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  8. rashomon

rashomon Member

Thanks Elle and JoeJame for pointing out the reference to the film Matrix. I don't watch SciFi, but looked up the Matrix movie in Wikipedia to get an idea of what it is about.

I think I'll need a purple pill, maybe some ''purple haze' will make discussing with you a bit easier for me. :pills: :D j/k

But kidding aside: no need to give me any red 'truth seeker pill', Paradox. For I've always wanted to find out the truth about things. As a kid, one of my favorite Biblical characters was the Doubting Thomas. I could never understand why he got such a raw deal. "Thomas only wanted to do a test. What's wrong with wanting proof?" I thought. :)

I can only go by I've just read in Wikipedia, but the "Matrix" seems to be some highly complex computer program which controls people's minds without them being aware of it.

I believe Patsy was a caught in a 'matrix' too, but it was a matrix which her own mind had constructed and in which she finally got trapped completely in the course of her life. She was caught in the matrix of the erroneous belief that an outer glamorous facade is everything, On that fatal night, she lost it in one brief moment of rage, and she could not bear to see this facade collapse in public which would have been the case had she taken responsibility for her deed. That's why she staged the scene, and chose to live a lie for the rest for her life to keep up that facade. And John went along with it because he too he too dreaded to have exposed what lay underneath the 'perfect family' surface.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  9. Little

Little Member

I soooo agree with you here rashomon. A non case follower (just in a casual conversation about this 'n that) brought up the OJ case which led to other cases. We ended up talking about the Ramsey case.

When asked my thoughts on it I did say that IMO, if it was a person within the family, that I could understand how Patsy would go to these lengths to keep anyone, including herself, from the reality of what happened that night. Since childhood she was taught that her purpose and worth in life was to be prettier, smarter, a perfectionist. How could she be expected to go from this to a person who was responsible for the death of her child? Almost 40 years of training never prepared her for that role.

Little

10. Elle

Elle Member

Well said, Little!

11. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I do agree Little,
    Very well said.
    But I do have to ask myself, How could you live the rest of your life knowing this? Even if somewhere deep in the back of your mind? And obviously the rest of the family knew or had an idea. I never seen a one of them coming to the aid of Jonbenet and doing whatever it took to find her killer.
    To me, they all knew. What would have happened that everyone kept quiet? Even to this day, over 11 years after the act? AMW?
    They did once and even could again have the world at their hands.
    No child was ever in danger, they all knew this was not an intruder.

12. heymom

heymom Member

I think it's fear of John Ramsey. Why didn't Fleet White ever come forward with the information he has? Would he be afraid if it were just Patsy who had committed this crime? I doubt it. John Ramsey can be a frightening person. When he is gone, perhaps then we will hear something like the truth. Assuming Fleet outlives him, which might not happen.

Maybe they all kept quiet to protect Burke. But if that's true, how did Burke himself keep quiet all these years?

With Patsy, I think her mental condition would allow her to dissociate from the night of JonBenet's death. I don't think she had an integrated personality at all, really, so saying "I killed my daughter" would not mean the same thing to her as it would to you or I. She could pretend it was someone else, and believe it, or perhaps Paradox is right, and she was someone else that night. We have consciences; I don't think Patsy had one like we do.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Something is just not right, heymom, is it? I remember reading a post of Deja's on FFJ about John Ramsey's powerful lawyer, Hal Haddon, that he was a lawyer very much to be feared. maybe Fleet White is afraid of what Hal Haddon could do to him. Ruin him, maybe (?). Something is holding him back from speaking out (?). He and Priscilla were gung ho at their Boulder Council meeting, trying to have files released relating to the JonBenet case, and they failed. That video was also taken off the net, and I've never heard them say another word since then.

Can't find the Boulder Council meeting information. Little might have it (?). My computer was wiped clean recently. Don't have everything backed up.

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0820cers3.html

Has anyone else heard the Whites speaking out since this Council meeting? Why was the video of this meeting removed from the net. I thought the Whites spoke really well at this meeting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2008
  14. rashomon

rashomon Member

Burke was quickly removed from the crime scene by the Ramseys and sent to the Whites. This has been interpreted as them not wanting the police to question Burke.
    But if Burke did it, how could the Ramseys be sure he wouldn't tell the Whites what happened?

15. heymom

heymom Member

That has never added up, to my mind. If I were John Ramsey, and I knew my pre-adolescent son had accidently killed his sister, I sure wouldn't send him out of the house, knowing he could totally spill the beans and mess up the plan! Of course, we don't know what Burke DID tell Fleet or Priscilla, do we? We're assuming he didn't say much, if anything, but how do we know? Maybe Fleet was afraid of John Ramsey's power structure and was sure that he and Patsy would be charged, and then he, Fleet, could testify. But that never happened.

No, sending Burke away if Burke had been the killer doesn't make sense. Now, if Burke had been molesting JonBenet, but one of her parents accidently killed her, THEN it might make sense for him to sent out of the house. I think they did try to protect him, but not from a murder charge. I'm sure they didn't want him to see his sister dead. They must have thought JonBenet's body would be found quickly, thus the hustle to get Burke out of the house BEFORE that occurred.

Also, I think that John and Patsy may have been afraid that they would be arrested, and they wanted to be sure Burke would be cared for and not see them handcuffed.

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

I too think that these were the main reasons why they they removed Burke for the crime scene at once. They expected the police to find the body very soon, and I think at least John did not believe they would get away with their so obviously and poorly staged scene.
    I think detective Linda Arndt misinterpreted John's look in is eyes after the discovery of JonBenet's dead body. Arndt felt threatened by the look in is eyes, feeling of her revolver. But I think John's look in his eyes was disturbing because there was fear in it. It was he who felt threatened by Arndt, for at that moment he waited for the axe to fall and to be arrested on the spot together with Patsy.

jmo

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  17. Elle

Elle Member

There is also another way to look at this incident of Burke being ushered out of the house. Most parents normally like their younger children to be removed from any type of tragedy, and the thought for the moment was to avoid Burke being instantly questioned by the police. Burke was questioned by a detective later that day at the White's house, but I am sure he was put through a rehearsal by John Ramsey.

John and Patsy Ramsey claimed Burke was sleeping during the whole scenario, but later had to admit that he wasn't. It was 100% lies all the way with the Ramseys, as we all know now.

18. rashomon

rashomon Member

John Andrew's comment about wanting the offender to be forgiven is also very telling imo. This is a highly unusual remark from someone whose little sister had allegedly been killed by a sexual predator.
    I believe JAR had the feeling that one of residents in the home had unintentionally killed JonBenet in a rage attack.

I also ask myself how much LHP knew or suspected. In her book chapter, she wrote:

"John may have helped her to hide her crime because he had no choice, especially since she could have pointed the finger of guilt at him if he had resisted. Perhaps I am being too cryptic."

LHP does not elaborate further. Could there have been a reason for LHP being cryptic? Did Patsy have up something up her sleeve against John with which she might have blackmailed him? Exposing him as his daughter's chronic sexual abuser maybe?

jmo

19. Elle

Elle Member

A housekeeper gets to know a lot about the people she's keeping house for, rashamon, and Linda Hoffman Pugh probably had a good reason for saying this.

20. heymom

heymom Member

Which says to me that each of them had something to hide...Patsy, perhaps the actual accidental injury, John perhaps the prior molestation. If only one of them had been guilty, I think the other one would have turned the guilty party in. I think, anyway. But with both of them on the losing end of the proposition, they stuck together and staged the crime scene, hoped for the best, and threw as many people under the bus as possible, while lawyering up to the hilt.

Probably neither one of them but especially John, ever thought they would get away with the crime, but they found out that Boulder loves rich baby-killers and that their attorney had a great deal of sway over Tom Hunter all his underlings. They walked, never to be questioned again, and every time the subject came up, all they had to do is suggest that the police were hounding them, innocent parents that they were, and everyone backed off again. Oldest trick in the book, but Colorado fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice