The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - The Book

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cranberry, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

From the autobio Spark was prone to dreaming as a child. She thought adults tended to overlook her. She was free to observe. Spark was an intuitive type. Sandy was a dreamer, she had a talent for it, she listened to her imagination while passively observing with her little pig eyes. I think she also couldn't resist turning to her imagination in preference to dealing with the world. This is another link between Sandy and Spark; the intuitive imagination.

As far as the mother daughter thing: the movie makes it's a little more clear that Sandy objects to Brodie thinking she is Providence. The mother image helps form a centralizing aspect for the developing child's mind. It helps form the super-ego. In TPOMJB Sandy has an aversion to her own mother. So this makes her vulneralbe to the narcissist Brodie as a substitute mother image. Brodie looks for ways to get to children through some sort of parental problem that weakens the parent's influence.

It's these kind of things that make me think Patsy was attracted to the story because the characters got to play out things she needed but never got to live out in her life.

Sandy dreamed up stories, she wrote stories and she wrote a book. The rn is a fanciful little piece of literature written, I think, by a regressed Patsy.

In DOI Patsy makes a comment on her imagination, saying something like "even for my imagination". Patsy was impressed with her imagination. But from what I have seen, Patsy was a plagiarist, a copier and a gaudi-ist. She lacked originality and moderation.

2. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Yes, Sandy always took it a step further than one may want to go, spilling over the top. That style in Sandy's writing reminds me also of the ransom note. We may be able to mop up some parts that are in the note, with further analysis.

3. Elle

Elle Member

I should have said. I'll come here one day and someone has been arrested, but I thought it was Patsy. I feel John Ramsey needs to be arrested for his part. However, I don't know if I'm right, Cherokee (?).

Not all of us here think it was Patsy. Thor thinks it was a Ramsey male, and Jay doesn't think it was the Ramseys.

There are times when I think it may well be Burke. Sometimes when reading over other posts, I find myself wondering if I'm wrong (?).

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

What I meant was ... it is solved because a Ramsey did it. There was no intruder. I wasn't referring to a specific Ramsey.

5. Little

Little Member

I agree Cherokee, this is solved, just not prosecuted.

Little

6. Elle

Elle Member

I agree. No way do I think there was an intruder, but how I wish I knew the exact details of what took place the night of December 25, 1996.

I think Burke is old enough now to be questioned again.

7. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Perhaps in the next world we will all be given the ability to travel through time and be an eye-witness to such things. If so, you should also plan a picnic on a grassy knoll in Dallas... :D

8. Elle

Elle Member

Wouldn't that be something, Blue? I'm sure there was a second shot which hit JFK from the grassy knoll.

9. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Yes, that was in DOI: Patsy's response was to Linda Arndt's assertion that John was the killer because she had seen it in his eyes. PR: "Apparently her talents went way beyond even my imagination."

I can't imagine what she means by that, unless she means not just anyone's imagination, but the greatest: hers. Impressed with it, like you say.

10. heymom

heymom Member

Linda Arndt's statements about John Ramsey are part of the reason I feel he was the main driving force that night. She got the closest to him in the key moments, before and especially as he "discovered" his daughter's body. She also got extremely frightened and backed away, once she realized that she was totally exposed - the DA's office was hanging her out to dry. She didn't dare to go up against John Ramsey and I don't blame her one bit. I'd hate to have been in her shoes that day.

11. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Yes Heymom, IMO, Linda Arndt was in a vulnerable situation, at the crime scene unfolding as it was. Do you think there's a reason why Patsy would think 'the look in his eyes' comment would be so unbelievable?

12. sboyd

sboyd Member

Prime

Can someone tell me why The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie is here and what it has to do with the Ramseys. Is there are correlation? Thanks, Solace

13. sboyd

sboyd Member

undefined

Elle, Burke was heard on the 911 call asking what did you find and what can I do. I don't think he was involved. Just mo.

14. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Hi Solace, I started the thread because I read the book and found many interesting passages that IMO are a correlation. Of course everyone has their own interpretation, thus the thread for discussion, thank you FFJ. I think The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie has psychological insight into Patsy, since she did read the book/play and performed it from high school to Miss America.

15. sboyd

sboyd Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, now I see. Thank you.

16. Elle

Elle Member

I think Paradox also posted about Patsy and "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" play/movie for quite some time, Cranberry, if I remember correctly. I'm unsure if he had a special thread, but he has been talking about this as far back as I remember seeing his first post here. Just to give credit, where credit is due. :)

17. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, I think there was a reason for that comment, but it may be as simple as trying to throw off any suspicion. I can't begin to guess Patsy's mental processes. I don't know if she was abused by John Ramsey, at least emotionally. I do know that she wrote that ransom note, and I suspect she did it with John at her side. That's all I know. Well, I know that at least one of them caused JonBenet's death and that they both had a hand in the staging.

18. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Yes Elle, Paradox knows it inside out, better than anyone. We can all learn alot from him, I know I have. Forgive me for failing to give him credit, I didn't mean to do that as I was personally taking the blame for any muddling it up as a noob. Thank you Elle for your posts and discussions, I always learn new things from you, too.

19. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Thanks Cranberry.

From the autopsy report, the rn and a little talk radio I concluded Patsy had committed sacrifice. I wasn't into the case until I asked Peter Boyles about this and he dismissed it out of hand. So I started reading. By then Hodges first book was out and it mentioned the Serpah report.

Psychotics often associate themselves with myths. And they live in a world of dreams. They often use objects in the real world in an attempt to manifest their dreams. The objects suffer. Often, literature is involved. The ransom note is a small work of fantasy literature and Patsy was known to have performed a soliloquey from TPOMJB in her pageants and she re-wrote it to keep it in her last pageant.

I took a shot and looked into TPOMJB to see if there were recurring mythic/dream images that showed up in the case also. And there were. So I continue to haunt the forums so that one day I can say nya, nya, nya, I'm right and you're wrong to a few know it alls, that will, for now remain unmentioned.

20. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, that's right SB, I did read about that, but hypothetically, just what if Burke had struck JonBenét on the head with the flashlight when they were in the kitchen during the night, having some pineapple, and he had knocked her out and just walked away from the scene without giving her another glance(?). Patsy could have found her missing in her bed at midnight, the time she woke JonBenét up for the bathroom, to prevent a wet bed, and gone searching for her. Burke could have wakened up with the commotion going on in the wee small hours.

Sometimes the "what if scenes" like this flash through my head, although my first thought is Patsy did it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice