The Ramsey's own words

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, May 22, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

I think this is exactly what was in John Ramsey's head too!

You sure have great insight into John Ramsey's thoughts, Delmar.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Interview with Nedra Paugh

http://www.thedailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/01/05-2.html

3. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Thanks, rashomon. There have been so many things said regarding this case and this statement this poster claimed was made by Nedra needs to be substantiated.

-Tea

5. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I seem to remember John Ramsey saying in the FNC The Ramseys: On the Record interview (April 15, 2000) that he wants the murder of children under the age of 13 to be made a federal offense. Wonder if this would have covered Burke who was technically over the age of 13 (13 years 2 months) at the time of this interview.

-Tea

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

This was a poster on A&E's Jeffrey MacDonald board who mentioned this. We got into an off-topic discussion about the JB case because it has parallels to the MacDonald case. I asked her yesterday on the JonBenet thread if she could give me the source of Nedra's stament, but she hasn't been online since. We can't send private messages on A&E, but I hope she will answer soon.

Edited to add: since this poster mentioned the book 'Perfect Murder Perfect Town' too, I went through the index and have just found something on page 513 (1999 paperback ed. bold type mine).
    It was during the Geraldo Rivera show, but it seems Patsy did not tell this to Nedra but to Jennifer Kay, producer for Rivera's show.
    Nedra is mentioned a few sentences before, so maybe the poster by mistake attributed this to her. Nedra had given an impromptu interview from her home for the show.

After the segment with Nedra, Rivera chatted briefly with producer Kay, who shared her observations of Patsy, with whom she'd spoken the previous week in Atlanta without a camera crew.
    "She told me, you know, she wishes that the police would not focus on her anymore but find who the real killer is, Kay said. And she also told me she didn't care what the public felt about her being guilty or innocent. She knew in her heart she didn't do it."

If we assume that Jennifer Kay was accurate in her recollection, Patsy told her that she knew in her heart she didn't do it.
    I think this is a very stange statment to make, as if Patsy wanted to convince herself that this was so.
    I also find it odd that Patsy said she didn't care about the public's opinion feels. If I were innocent, I'd care very much if the public thought I was guilty (or innocent).

[To Bill Salisbury from Webbsleuths: I replied to your comments on the 'Misinformation Part 2' thread.]

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I've heard a lot of people use that "i know in my heart" thingy. Like I said, Kevin Hailey used it. I personally don't buy into it. It's a copout, imho.

8. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Thank you for locating that, rashomon. Hopefully Jennifer Kay did remember Patsy's words exactly. This Geraldo show aired on Sept 25, 1997, about a month or so before the one which had an interview with Patsy outside her Atlanta home. This interview was discussed in Hodges' book. Patsy said something about JonBenet being able to hold a pose for a long time. If I were the interviewer, I would have asked, "You say that JonBenet was able to hold a pose for a long time. Was this something she worked at, or was her ability to hold a pose a family trait?"

-Tea

9. Little

Little Member

Bold emphasis mine.

Little

10. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Sometimes it's what isn't said that sticks out. For instance, as I had pointed out in the DOI: The Murderer thread, John avoids any mention of the application of the duct tape and the wrapping of the body in the blanket in his scenario of what happened that night.

-Tea

11. Niner

Niner Active Member

you are correct, Cranberry!! strange... even Danielle VanDam's mom went around the neighborhoold looking for her... her dad drove around...

that WOULD be the next steps as for searching... :shrug shoulders: ya got me!!

12. Niner

Niner Active Member

WOW, Rashomon! Interesting thought!

Just lurking over here! love ALL the discussion on this thread! you guys rock!

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

John's question is indeed almost a confession. Wow!

14. Elle

Elle Member

I hope the police notice this, Tea. You're very observant.

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

I just read in PMPT that John told one of the victim advocates he thought he killer had not intended to kill JonBenet and that's why he wrapped her body in the blanket (PMPT; paperb, p. 80):

After JonBenet's body was found, victim advocate Grace Morlock told detectives John Ramsey said more that once that he didn't think he kidnapper meant to kill his daughter, because she was wrapped in her blanket.

But in the hypothetical case of a kidnapping 'gone wrong' - which kidnapper would even bother to wrap the victim's body in her blanket, especially in a house full of people where he could be detected at any moment? No kidnapper would do that. In a kidnapping gone wrong, the perp would only have had one thought in mind: "I've got to get out of here as fast as I can!" He would not have taken the time to wrap JB's body in her blanket. Totally absurd.

And it seems that John when later putting his story together for DOI, finally realized this too, which is why he made no mention of the blanket anymore.
    And he also realized that putting a duct tape on his dead child's mouth had been a big blunder too, and therefore did not mention it either in DOI.

But I think John indeed spoke the thruth to the victim advocate after JohnBenet's body was found, only one should substitute 'parent' for 'kidnapper': the parent did not mean to kill JonBenet, which is why she was wrapped in her blanket.
    This would be a classic case of 'undoing' the crime in the parent's mind.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I have often wondered if the head injury could have resulted in rendering JonBenet so close to death her parent/s didn't realize she was still alive, so "staged" the strangulation, only to find out later they in fact DID strangle her.

But if that happened, I don't think they regretted it, as I believe they did the entire strangling/staging to cover up prior molestation. Schiller speaks to that evidence of prior molestation in PMPT, and it's clear most experts believe she was molested prior to that night.

And thanks, Jayelles, for bringing that article here, as this quote mentions John reading to JonBenet, which is what Thomas said John and Patsy managed to communicate to THREE DIFFERENT OFFICERS AT THREE DIFFERENT TIMES that morning, but which they later DENIED, saying they were misunderstood. I think it's possible when they/their lawyers saw that the autopsy had detected prior molestation with CHRONIC INFLAMMATION in the vaginal vault and the prior damage to the hymen, realizing that the paintbrush hadn't covered for it entirely, their story then changed.

I gotta' tell ya', that suitcase which is featured prominantly at the murder scene of a child--in the BASEMENT, with a bed cover inside which is arguably the source of some fibers found on JonBenet's body/genitals, and which has a child's book inside...it gives me pause and always will.

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

Patsy and the Pineapple

From Patsy's interview with Tom Haney:
    Before Haney can tell her whose fingerprints were in fact found on the bowl, Patsy vehemently denies having anything to do with that bowl and the pineapple in it. Imo this is clearly a psychological act of dissociation. Patsy dissociates herself so much from this evidence that I'm beginning to suspect that maybe the pineapple itself was in some way connected to JonBenet's death. Pineapple digests very fast, and some of it hadn't even left her stomach yet. Maybe Patsy struck the head blow at JonBenet a short time after she ate the fruit - even shorter than the assumed one to two hours?

jmo

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The pineapple puts the lie to John and Patsy's story that JonBenet fell asleep in the car and never woke up. That story worked for them because it was simple, no chance of screwing up their stories. She was asleep, they carried her upstairs, put her to bed, played with Burke and put him to bed shortly, went to bed, woke up and found the note. An intruder the dirty work while they slept. Bam. Nothing to trip up in telling their stories.

Ooops. Didn't realize the pineapple would show up in the autopsy and blow that story, did they? Or maybe they didn't realize she ate it. Either way, there was only ONE THING left to do once this BUGABOO showed up: DENY DENY DENY.

Classic case of cover-up, IMO.

19. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

It's a mark of bad fiction (DOI) to re-use the same plot elements. Just as JonBenet was asleep before they got home ( & thus safe from any parental abuse), Patsy was immediately afterward in bed asleep (& not available to administer any). There are other examples like the two times Patsy turns on the tv in 1998, it happens to be a show discussing her, etc.

JonBenet falling asleep in the car is probably the most plausible Ramsey lie. She was six, had been up since 6am, reveling in Christmas excitement...they didn't feed her lunch...

But Patsy hittng the sheets before John, I'm thinking not. He had nothing to do, she had loads. Even before the murder.

"Asleep" too convenient an excuse. & then they use it again for Burke the next morning.

...now back to my search for Hogwart's Lego Set.

20. Elle

Elle Member

I couldn't agree with you more, rashomon. Patsy Ramsey disassociates herself from practically living in her own house. She had nothing to do with anything relating to JonBenét being accidentally killed in her own home. Absolutely nothing, and she got away with it. She might have given Vivien Leigh a run for her money for the part of Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone With The Wind."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice