The Ramsey's own words

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, May 22, 2006.

1. rashomon

rashomon Member

Imo JonBenet falling asleep in the car could be an element bit of truth the Ramseys weaved into their fabricated story. Perhaps JonBenet fell asleep in the car for a short time, but when the family arrived home, woke up again, the short sleep having 'recharged her batteries' enough to refuse to go to bed afterward for a long time. Maybe the rage attack did not occur over a (bed)wetting accident, but over JonBenet's refusal to go to bed?

jmo

2. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

There's a segment in John's 1998 interview where he says something like "And Patsy went to sleep. We call her the Sleep Queen because when she goes to sleep, she really goes to sleep." Methinks he doth protest too much.

-Tea

3. AMES

AMES Member

OMG really Tea? Yep...he for sure protests to much. He adds just a little bit too much info....in other words..."Patsy sleeps hard...so she didn't hear a thing the night of JonBenét's murder".

4. sboyd

sboyd Member

Hi Rash,

In looking at the photos of JB's bed, there is a pillow at the end of the bed as if she were watching TV. I understand she did this quite often. It is possible and likely that she fell asleep at the end of the bed (after such a long day - they did a lot that day and the preceding days). I would bet she fell asleep and went out and possibly wet herself and the bed extensively and Patsy came in and found her and it enraged her because Patsy herself had been up for 18 hours. 18 hours for a six year is an enormously long day. I am going to say she fell asleep and it was hard to wake her up and it would account for her falling and hitting her head as she did because if she were arguing about getting up and half asleep, she is not in control and would have a tendancy to lose control of her legs and she is also less than 40 pounds.

I do go on. I just think that it is more likely she fell asleep. I really think Thomas knows just a little bit more but then why not put it in his book - say if the red turtleneck were urine stained - he never says anything about that. But he does say Patsy said she had that on. Maybe Patsy put it on her before going to bed and that is what Patsy remembered and then changed her when she wet the bed. The leggings were urine stained weren't they?

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

JonBenet's TV set was inside her closet - you can see it on page 4 in the photo section of this site:

http://www.realsundancekid.com/

Solace, I think your scenario (JonBenet watching TV instead of going to bed) is possible, only I believe that if the red turtleneck had been urine-soaked, Patsy would have hidden it or tried to get rid of it in some way.
    Per SteveThomas, she originally told the investigators JB wore the red turtleneck to bed, but she also told them she and JonBenet had had a tiff in the afternoon before going to the Whites' because JonBenet refused to wear the same outfit as Patsy, which I think also included the red turtleneck.

Her leggings were urine-stained, but this could have come from post-mortem release.

Does anyone know if Patsy was ever confronted in the official interviews with the different stories she told LE? Has she ever been asked why she changed her story? For JonBenet did not wear the red turtleneck to the Whites' party (Steve Thomas, who saw the party pictures, said this a chat room), and Patsy's later version was she put her sleeping child to bed in the white shirt she had been wearing to the party - the same shirt in which the dead body was later found.
    So Patsy would have had some explaining to do re her first statement about JonBenet wearing the red turtleneck to bed.

jmo

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  6. heymom

heymom Member

Rashomon, no one ever pinned Patsy down on the discrepancy in her statements. She never returned to the red turtleneck and since all the interviews were sympathetic, no one asked her any further questions.

I think that could have been the statement that unraveled the entire evening. If they'd only snapped to that, and asked Patsy again and again, WHY she said JBR went to bed wearing that turtleneck, and then changed her story, she might have cracked and confessed.

7. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Is it at all possible that Patsy was subtlely referring to herself in the third person when she said "She wore a red turtleneck to bed"?

-Tea

8. heymom

heymom Member

Well, except that Patsy doesn't seem to have gone to bed at all that night...Good thought, though!

9. Elle

Elle Member

rashsomon, here are some notes of mine on the red turtleneck situation.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p>[/font][/b]

<o:p> </o:p>[/font][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial]<o:p> </o:p>[/font][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial]1. JonBenet's sleepwear Christmas night(?)<o:p></o:p>[/font][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial]Patsy said that JonBenet went to sleep wearing long white underwear and a red turtleneck top. [color=red]Source: "JonBenet" Steve Thomas paperback - page 25[/color]<o:p></o:p>[/font][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial]Dr. Myers enters Ramsey home. Pronounces Jonbenet dead. She is wearing a white top with a silver sequined star in front, and longjohns. [color=red]Source: "JonBenet" by Steve Thomas - paperback -Page 39<o:p></o:p>[/color][/font][/b]</P>

[b][color=red][font=Arial]<o:p> </o:p>[/font][/color][/b]</P>

[b][color=black][font=Arial]On the bathroom counter lay a balled up child's red turtleneck sweater. Although Patsy said JonBenet had gone to bed wearing a red turtleneck, the body was discovered in a white pullover top, the same one she had worn the evening before, to the Whites Christmas Party. [/font][/color][/b][b][color=red][font=Arial]Source: "JonBenet" by Steve Thomas - paperback -Page40<o:p></o:p>[/font][/color][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial]Nedra Paugh becomes evasive when asked by Steve thomas about bed wetting history of JonBenet. Patsy had told Police the child had gone to sleep in a red turtleneck although the body was found in a white top. The turtleneck had been discovered rolled up on the bathroom sink. [color=red]Source: "JonBenet" Steve Thomas - paperback -Page 102<o:p></o:p>[/color][/font][/b]</P>

[b][color=black][font=Arial]Interview with Patsy Ramsey - Steve Thomas states hearing for the first time, JonBenét was carried upstairs asleep by John Ramsey. Patsy replaced the child's pants with long-john bottoms. The white shirt with the star stayed on, she said. On December 26 Patsy <o:p></o:p>[/font][/color][/b]</P>

[b][color=black][font=Arial]had told the police that JonBenét went to sleep wearing the red turtleneck top, which<o:p></o:p>[/font][/color][/b]</P>

[b][color=black][font=Arial]was later found balled up on the bathroom sink. Now it was the white one in which the body was found. Inconsistent. [/font][/color][/b][b][color=red][font=Arial]Source: "JonBenét" Steve Thomas - paperback Page 185<o:p></o:p>[/font][/color][/b]</P>

[color=red][font=Arial]<o:p></o:p>[/font][/color]</P>

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Later JonBenét awakened after wetting the bed, as indicated by the plastic sheets, the urine stains, the pull-up diaper package hanging half-way out of a cabinet, and the balled-up turtleneck found in the bathroom. I concluded that the little girl had worn the red turtleneck to bed, as her mother originally said, and that it was stripped off when it got wet. Source: [color=red]"JonBenét" Steve Thomas - paperback Page 319<o:p></o:p>[/color][/font][/size]</P>

[b][font=Arial].............................................................................................................................................<o:p></o:p>[/font][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial] SOURCE - Police Files - National Enquirer<o:p></o:p>[/font][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial]Det Trujillo asks what JonBenét wore to bed. Patsy states JonBenét wore a shirt from the Gap - white with rhinestoned star. States JonBent rebelled about wearing a red sweater to match her Mom, and they had a little riff about that. [color=red] Source: NE Police Files Page 47- 48<o:p></o:p>[/color][/font][/b]</P>

[b][color=black][font=Arial]Patsy confirms for Det. Steve Thomas the white top worn to the White's party was left on<o:p></o:p>[/font][/color][/b]</P>

[b][color=black][font=Arial]JonBenét for sleeping in, with white thermal bottoms. [/font][/color][/b][b][color=red][font=Arial] Source:NE Police Files - Page 52<o:p></o:p>[/font][/color][/b]</P>

[b][font=Arial]Patsy tells Det. Trujillo she gets up, gets dressed and stops at the laundry area near JonBenét's room, and fusses with a red stained jumpsuit on the ironing board, which she plans to attend to when she returns. [color=red] Source: NE Police Files - Page 62 - 63<o:p></o:p>[/color][/font][/b]</P>

</P>

</P>

</FONT></B> </P></P>

10. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

Yeah, I should've said 'plausible Ramsey statement' rather than lie, because I agree that this, & your continuation, surely could've been how events played out, or began that night.

Patsy had things to do, before the Sleep Queen thing took effect, and under the time crunch not have had the patience to deal with a six-year old after a power-nap. JonBenet was asleep, in bed on her way to bed, Patsy had already checked her off her to-do list, and then...

11. sboyd

sboyd Member

12. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, sb. It was already on my file from research. Comes in handy now and then. It's good to share it. :)

Have you started drinkng already? :) :toast: Cheers!

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

Indeed, Patsy could have played the role of the narcissistic and scheming 'steel magnolia' Southern Belle Scarlett O'Hara perfectly. :)

14. rashomon

rashomon Member

15. Elle

Elle Member

<o:p></o:p>

I think Steve Thomas is indicating here, that there was urine on this red turtleneck and it had been rinsed out in the bathroom because it was rinsed into a balled up shape.

This is how I read this, rashomon. It's stands to reason that this is what could have happened.

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

Does ST say that the balled up-turtleneck neck was wet, or just that it was balled up? For if Patsy rinsed the garment, imo it would not have dried yet by the time the police arrived at the house.

But then who knows when they finally took a look at the sheets and the turtleneck. In his deposition, S. Thomas says that by the time the bedsheet was finally collected, any fresh urine on it would have dried. And traces of urine were in fact found on the sheet, and I think also brown stains on a blanket which was on the bed.

Too bad none of the interviewers played hardball with Patsy in the interview, confronting her with her conflicting statements re what JonBenet wore to bed. They could easily have backed her into a corner by simply asking: "Why did you change your story, Patsy?"

17. Elle

Elle Member

rashomon,

This red top is found rolled up on the bathroom sink. This indicates to me that it had been rinsed out.

Nedra Paugh becomes evasive when asked by Steve thomas about bed wetting history of JonBenet. Patsy had told Police the child had gone to sleep in a red turtleneck although the body was found in a white top. The turtleneck had been discovered rolled up on the bathroom sink. Source: "JonBenet" Steve Thomas - paperback -Page 102<o:p></o:p>

Patsy Ramsey emphasizes here that she was fussing with a red stained jumpsuit on the ironing board. Why bother even mentioning this? Is she trying to confuse the cops here?

Keep in mind, Patsy Ramsey had access to her previous statements to the police, and could therefore change her testimony to suit her lies.

Patsy tells Det. Trujillo she gets up, gets dressed and stops at the laundry area near JonBenét's room, and fusses with a red stained jumpsuit on the ironing board, which she plans to attend to when she returns. Source: NE Police Files - Page 62 - 63<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p>[/color]</b>

<o:p> </o:p>[/font]</b>

<b><font face=" /><o:p></o:p></FONT> [/b]</P>

</FONT>

18. AMES

AMES Member

19. AMES

AMES Member

Yep, they practically kissed the Ramsey's butt, during their interviews.

20. AMES

AMES Member

I imagine that Patsy "balled" it up when she squeezed out the water. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that JB went to bed with that red turtleneck on, and she wet the bed, and IT got wet too. I think that the rage accident happened, probably as Patsy...in a :(:(:(:(ed off mood, was trying to yank the turtleneck off of JB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice