The Ramsey's own words

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, May 22, 2006.

1. AMES

AMES Member

Nope, and what I don't understand is....there HAD to have been a reason that she broke down over that particular picture....so much so, that a break had to be taken. She didn't break down like this over any other picture...just this one. I have said before, that even after being shown pictures of JB's Easter Basket, her backpack, her trophies, and many, many other things...she did NOT break down and cry. But, then suddenly breaks down over a red turtleneck, and Haney doesn't ask her why?? WHY Haney WHYYYYY?????????

2. Elle

Elle Member

Patsy was a crafty one. She could turn on the drama. Tom Haney got caught in the web Patsy was weaving. You write a great account of this Ames. This red top scenario has always irritated the hell out of me.

Patsy Ramsey succeeded in causing confusion with the investigation of her daughter's death. From the ransom note to the contamination party and everything else in between.

3. AMES

AMES Member

Yes, she was quite the actress. She could have won an Oscar for all of the acting that she did after the death of her daughter. One of her greatest acting roles, was having the "breakdown" after seeing the picture of the red turtleneck. That was nothing but a stall tactic in my opinion. She was probably thinking..."Oh NOOO, there is a picture of that red turtleneck. I was REALLY hoping that they would have overlooked that. What am I going to do? What am I going to say? She WAS wearing that turtleneck when she wet the bed, afterall. I can't let them know that this was an accidental murder due to toilet rage. But, what if they know that the shirt was wet? What if they ask me about that? What will I say? How do I explain THAT one? Help me Jesus....what should I DO? Oh, I KNOW....I will turn on my fake tears, and maybe, just maybe....Haney will let me take a break, I can collect my thoughts, and think of something to say. If I get REALLY lucky, maybe he will just forget about the picture of the red turtleneck altogether. Yep, that SURE would be nice".

4. Elle

Elle Member

My post #80 above was meant for your "Unfinished thread." Sorry, Moab. I have just copied it there.:)

Yes, Patsy was in control Ames. She knew what she was doing.

I remember reading Steve Thomas stating Patsy knew how to play the men? Half leaning across the table and staring right into his eyes. Words to this effect.

5. heymom

heymom Member

I don't think Tom Haney actually forgot about the red turtleneck. I think everyone was just kid-gloving the Ramseys, especially Patsy, because although technically they were suspects, everyone KNEW they couldn't possibly have done this to their daughter, because they were Boulder ROYALTY. Hunter kissed their behinds all the way along. All Patsy had to do was cry and everyone just about fell over themselves trying to help the poor little Southern Belle! Sickening.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Steve Thomas
    "JonBenét - Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation"

7. heymom

heymom Member

Patsy Ramsey was a savvy sophisticate who knew how to work a man,

And she had a hell of a reason to work all the men in her vicinity, to keep herself, John, and possibly Burke out of prison. What motivation for the role of her life!

8. Elle

Elle Member

Trouble is, heymom. Patsy Ramsey made monkeys out of intelligent men.

9. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, but she didn't make intelligent men out of monkeys, did she? :)

Sadly, she also made a whore out of an innocent little girl, her own little girl.

I don't think her Scarlett O'Hara imitation would have worked anywhere but Boulder. They were so stupid, so blind, and so intimidated by the Ramsey power posturing and money, that they just about kissed John and Patsy's behinds, trying NOT to get any information out of them. Oh, yeah, I left out corrupt, too - the Hunter/Haddon connection was well known.

Only in Boulder. Only in Boulder.

:moron:

10. Elle

Elle Member

heymom, how about you becoming the Mayor of Boulder? You could fix them? You have that fighting spirit in you! Go get them! :)

11. AMES

AMES Member

heymom has MY vote!!! Go heymom, Go heymom....

12. heymom

heymom Member

I never knew you hated me that much, Elle! To even suggest such a thing...I'd sooner become the Mayor of Hell than the Mayor of Boulder. Beautiful climate, wonderful location, totally SCREWED liberal mindset. No thank you very much!!

13. Elle

Elle Member

Ah, but you have that fighting spirit and we need someone to take the lead. :) I tried.

14. heymom

heymom Member

Boulderites don't want a fighting spirit. They want to meditate their problems away. They hope that if they don't do anything, everything will improve. I couldn't stand it.

:) But thanks for nominating me anyway!

15. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I think you heymom would do perfect!!!

16. Elle

Elle Member

Just wishful thinking, heymom. Mentally giving them a slap. :)

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Tom haney did his best to throw monkeywrenches into that performance. I knew something was rotten in Boulder when mary Lacy told him he was too tought on her. What case was she working?!

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

She was working (and still is) the case of not wanting to do anything the entire time she is in office.

:floor:

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, Lacy wanted Patsy to be catered to like a "victim" because Lacy is as bad a detective as she is a lawyer.

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

The red turtleneck

It is somewhere in the back of my mind that Patsy said she and JonBenet had a tiff over what she should wear to the Whites'. Patsy wanted her to wear the red turtleneck, but JonBenet refused - maybe Patsy got angry, balled it up and threw it on the bathroom counter?
    Or did Patsy invent this story to explain the garment's presence there?

Wearing a close-fitting turtleneck to bed is also somewhat unusual imo. So according to Patsy's initial story, she, after returning home from the Whites, undressed JonBenet, but instead of putting on her pajamas or nightgown, she put JonBenet in the same red turtleneck she had refused to wear to the party some hours before.
    I could understand a situation in which Patsy stripped off the white shirt and let her sleep in the turtleneck she was wearing underneath because she was so tired - but JonBenet did not wear the turtleneck under the white shirt at the party, Steve Thomas once said this in a chat room discussion.

It is all pretty confusing because Patsy could have lied about everything she told LE. So her initial story could have been a lie too, which she then changed into another lie. In the end, it looks like her interviewers somehow couldn't see the forest for the trees anymore, and again it was Patsy who profited from that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice