The Ramseys said they didn't wake Burke up. WHY?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Ginja

Ginja Member

My 2 cents

The simple, true reason why the Ramseys didn't wake Burke up was because he was already awake...and both parents were fully aware of that fact!!!

We don't know when Burke actually woke that morning. Hell, we don't even know if he ever got any sleep! What we do know is that he walked in on his parents as they were calling police and friends.

John and Patsy did not want Burke involved in any way, shape or form with the morning's events. I believe this isn't because Burke was involved in JonBenet's death, but rather, because he may have heard what went on in the night. They most certainly didn't want police asking him questions, which is exactly why they had FW take him out of the house at 7 a.m. Of course, they didn't want police asking them questions either, which is exactly why they called their friends over -- a wall between the Ramseys and the police.

Think about it. The friends were called in and what did they all do? They all sat around whispering and consoling John (the men) and Patsy (the women). Did you ever hear of anything so outlandish?

NO ONE calls friends to sit around and wait for a kidnapper's call!! Can you think of one instance where this has ever happened?

Families will call friends in to help SEARCH for the missing person. Seeing as how they had a ransom note, it was obvious on the face of it that their daugher was kidnapped and that friends shouldn't have been anywhere near the house.

However...once the time had passed for the kidnapper to call, THEN the family should have called in friends to start looking. And seeing as how the Ramseys already had the friends in the house, then when that time came and went, the friends should have immediately begun putting together search parties to go out into the neighborhood, going door to door, looking in the foothills, contacting the press to get media coverage...the works, iow.

This wasn't done. Why? Again, the Ramseys knew their daughter wasn't missing. They knew she wasn't kidnapped. And they knew that if they kept Burke in the house and hadn't brought in their friends, the police would have learned of the truth.

Getting Burke out of there and away from police, and building a wall (made of friends) between them and the police was for one purpose and one purpose only: to keep police from finding out the truth.

The Ramseys knew the truth that morning. They knew exactly where both JonBenet and Burke were. Neither was sleeping and John and Patsy knew it!!!

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I have always found the concept of John and Patsy believing Burke to be asleep at 6 in the morning lacked credibility. Look at the simple facts of human biology and you can see how what they say makes no sense.

John and Patsy have wanted us to believe that Burke went to sleep at approximately 10:00 p.m. Fine. They were then intending to wake him up at around 6 a.m. Also fine.

But what do we have in that scenario? I will tell you. We have a child, whom Susan Stine has testified to as being excited about going to Charlevoix, who had been asleep for eight hours. How can the Ramseys claim they thought their son would have been sound asleep, when by any reasonable standard, he had had a full and good night's sleep (the kind John Ramsey took melatonin to achieve), and would have been eager and ready to go celebrate his second Christmas with his Charlevoix friends? (And get more presents. Let us not forget that: John presented in DOI a Burke who no longer believed in Santa and just saw Christmas as an opportunity to get gifts from the adults around him.)

A secondary consideration is this: Patsy has gone on the official record as saying that she could hear Burke when he would get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom which was a small distance away from his bedroom. She has not said she heard Burke go to the bathroom during Christmas night. So even if Burke used the toilet just before going to sleep, he still would have had eight hours' worth of urine in his bladder at six. We are supposed to believe that after eight hours of sleep, and eight hours of urine-collection, his body was still as sluggish as if it was two in the morning instead of six, and Burke had no need to use the bathroom facilities after all those hours. This just does not seem credible.

I know that some people have longer sleep cycles than others, but if Burke was one of those people, then surely John and Patsy knew that. Since they wanted to be out no later than 6:30 the following morning, it would have been imperative that they get Burke to bed by nine or even a little earlier. Instead, we have them leaving the White party quite late, and then indulging Burke even more by letting him play with a toy they were in a position to insist he put off playing with. So I take the indulgence to mean John and Patsy knew Burke would be ready and eager to wake up after eight hours of sleep, and history has shown via Burke's interview that he, in fact, was awake and ready to go.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Well let's see--and then you have Patsy screeching for John like a harpooned elephant seal! How odd that Burke was inbetween Patsy and JR, and JR heard the scream but Burke didn't! It's especially odd seeing as how Burke told police that he could hear the refridgerator door open in the kitchen downstairs.

But you know, they're all innocent.

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Linda Mason, the Charlevoix interior decorator, came to visit the Boulder house in October of 1996, and she also said from her bed in the guest bedroom she could hear Patsy making coffee in the kitchen, so apparently sound traveled well enough to get around corners and through various hallways and up sets of stairs.

I guess the Ramseys should be ever so grateful they did not have a fire on the morning of the 26th, because if we believe Patsy, she could have screamed to Burke to get out of his room, and he would have slept through it and burned to death.

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I didn't know that--but I'm not surprised! I've been to that house and trust me it is waaaay smaller than it looks on TV and the rooms are very small with low cielings.

6. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Going with the assumption

that Burke was already up and is heard on the 911 tape would this explain his comment of "what do I do?" Burke heard Patsy's frantic call to the police and perhaps John was there too trying to expain something to him so his question could be that of a kid asking what he should do or say once the police arrive. In other words, how does he act with the police?

But we all know that his parents quickly ushered him out of the house so the plice could not even question him that morning.

7. Quinn

Quinn Member

WHEN BURKE ASKED"WHAT DO I DO", DO YOU THINK THE RAMSEY'S REPLY COULD HAVE BEEN-KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT OR YOU WILL BE NEXT? SCARY THOUGHT IF BURKE DID SEE AND HEAR MORE THAN WE THINK.

8. Elle

Elle Member

I see it this way too, Ginja. The Ramseys both knew exactly where JonBenét and Burke were. Without a doubt!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice