The White Pineapple Bowl

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Aug 27, 2006.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The gingerbread houses themselves were delivered to the home from a bakery, were they not?

I seem to remember that either Santa brought them over...maybe he didn't have on his costume and had to come up with an excuse when the kids saw him?

Or maybe it was one of the sons of McReynolds, who worked at the bakery?

Sorry, I might be wrong about all of this and have to run.

2. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

The houses appear to be the kind I've bought in the past from Target. All the panels come in a big box, already made. The box also includes some decorating elements, as well as the decorator icing to put the houses together.

It does take time ahead of the event to "glue" the pieces together and I don't know that Patsy would've been up for that. Perhaps the housekeeper put them together or maybe Patsy was able to get them already assembled from a bakery.

Incidentally, the box would advertise things like, have a party making this...invite your friends....buy more stuff to make it even cuter, (with suggestions)...etc...

From the looks of the table, Patsy had a lavish spread for decorating, in her typical over-the-top style. It looks like she pulled all kinds of different bowls and serving dishes down to help store all the goodies for the houses. As someone mentioned, I think it's most likely all those bowls got put in the dishwasher and the pineapple bowl was taken from there...or from the counter, where it was waiting to go back to it's proper spot.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

That was the story from 1994, when McReynolds brought the house over. There is a picture of JonBenet with that gingerbread house on the kitchen counter, with a couple of Lion King dolls nearby that especially date the picture since Lion King came out that year. In the picture, you can even see the sleeve of Patsy's red-striped bathrobe she wore in the family's 1994 personal Christmas video.

[​IMG]

4. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

The picture of the house replica gingerbread house is much more elaborate than the basic structures you see in the party picture. I can see where the fancy decorated one would be a bakery creation. The others look more like the buy in the box kind that retailed for about 19.00.

5. Carol

Carol Member

I am a new member and I just want to thank you for having me here.

One quesiton I have about the pineapple bowl and spoon: Why are the talking heads totally ignoring this evidence? All Wendy Murphy or Tricia have to do is keep repeating, "Pineapple, pineapple, pineapple...why did Patsy lie about feeding her daughter pineapple?" An intruder could not have stun-gunned the little girl, brought her downstairs, then fed her pineapple. There can't be both the stun-gun and the pineapple. There was pineapple found in JonBenet's stomach. That means there was no stun-gun.

6. Ginja

Ginja Member

I remember the bowl and the fingerprints. But I also remember something about there being fresh pineapple in the refrigerator. And I think there were questions about where JonBenet would have gotten pineapple since Patsy said she didn't feed the kids any pineapple. Somewhere in here, according to Steve Thomas if I'm not mistaken, they did some tests or something to come to the conclusion that the pineapple did indeed come from the Ramsey home as the fresh pineapple in JBR's system matched what was in the refrigerator.

What I don't remember is there being a bowl of pineapple on the table as show in the pictures here.

Also, I remember confusion in the evidence collection because everthing was numbered in such a way as to not be able to tell where it came from. IOW, there's no telling if something was seized from the dishwasher, the counter or the refrigerator.

7. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

Welcome

Welcome Carol. You are right - the pineapple doesn't get enough attention and is very important.

8. Carol

Carol Member

Thanks, Texan.

9. sue

sue Member

I've looked at the party picture some more and have some suggestions for the contents of the other bowls, for sizing purposes.
    I added numbers to the party picture (it's titled slide1) to help with figuring out what I'm talking about. Here's what I think the bowls contain:
    Bowl 1 (top left of picture) with the kind of pastel colored things might have mini pretzels covered with pastel colored chocolate.

Bowl 2 (top right of picture), sort of a lacy bowl with red stuff might have Twizzlers.

Bowl 3 (bottom left) i think has multi colored gumdrops. The white things in there might be white gumdrops or mini mashmallows that came from a different bowl.

Bowl 4 (bottom right) looks like M&Ms candies.

And, I found pictures of each of those candies in case you don't know what they look like and I tried to find pictures that showed size.
    You can see how big mini pretzels are. I couldn't find one that showed the size that was dipped in pastel chocolate, but I have seen them before.
    Twizzlers are about 6 inches long.
    The picture with sticks and little pieces of candy are gumdrops put together with pieces of spaghetti. Gumdrops come in many colors and sugar covered or sort of shiny.

Attached Files:

10. sue

sue Member

I found confirmation of what candies were used for decorating the gingerbread houses:
    From Patsy's 1997 police interview posted on acandyrose.com

11. tylin

tylin Banned

Sue,
    What a great job you do finding information. :reporter:

12. sue

sue Member

thank you. glad to find things for a worthy cause.

13. tylin

tylin Banned

I appreciate it. I have tons of info saved on this case but I think I need to reorganize it. lol

14. Elle

Elle Member

Don't you miss this amazing oustanding poster, tylin? He/she (?). I'm unsure.

15. Elle

Elle Member

The best of luck tylin. I just had my computer wiped clean because of a Trojan virus. A few files backed up, but not everything. :cry:

16. sboyd

sboyd Member

Anyone know if Burke's prints were on the bowl:?

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

As far as I know, his prints were only on the tea glass. I think if his were on the pineapple bowl as well as PR's, it would give more credence to the 2 kids snacking alone without their parents knowing it. With PR's prints on the bowl, it pretty much rules out that BR took the bowl out of the the fridge.
    Now there is one other consideration- PR was described by her housekeepers as sloppy, untidy, messy. She and the kids were known for never putting anything back where it belonged. That pineapple could have been out on the table for days. JBR COULD have helped herself to it that night without her parents knowing it.
    However, if that were the innocent explanation for how it got into her stomach, why didn't the parents simply say so? Why didn't PR say that she never put the pineapple away, and so that's how her daughter probably got to it. It's the fact that she LIED about even owning the bowl (at first). It's the things the Rs lied about- things that didn't need to be lied about- that make me believe they are guilty something.
    Even the tea bag in the glass doesn't necessarily mean that it was drunk at the same time as the pineapple was eaten. And it doesn't mean that tea was actually IN the glass. Many times when a cup or mug of tea is steeped, the tea bag is put into another container on the table, and an empty glass would be a likely place.
    Again, its what they try to distance themselves from. So someone made tea. So BR handled the glass. So what? Why lie and deny?

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I thought it was the other way round, and Burke's fingerprints WERE on the bowl. Burke's and Patsy's, both.

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

We need a tie-breaker here- can anyone find this? I've read both.

20. Thor

Thor Active Member

I seem to remember that both Patsy's and Burke's were on that bowl, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice