To Understand Patsy We Must Understand Kiddie Pageants

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 26, 2005.

1. sue

sue Member

I think the size is party optical illussion because of the angle of the picture. The first picture is more from the side of the bed and looks shorter, but wider.
    The second picture is from the end of the bed, so you see more of the length.

I can think of a couple of ways the bed curtains could have gotten disturbed. One was if JB didn't want to get out of the bed (maybe for her bathroom trip) and grabbed onto the bed curtains as a way not to get pulled out of bed. Another would be if she was supposed to be in bed and annoying her mom by grabbing onto the curtains and banging them against the wall.

When I first saw the bed picture, I thought the posts looked more cylindrical. But, I noticed when I changed the colors, you can see some of the parts on the post by the sweater that make it look more S shaped.

Those "claws" on the bed look scary though. I would have had nightmares with a bed like that.

2. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Now that we know the bed post is still intact, I want to jump back to the post about JonBenet's images appearing in [font=Arial, Helvetica]"Babette's Pageant and Talent Gazette"So, Patsy told them to go ahead with publishing photo's of their daugher after her murder, some of which are the same photo's she later accused the press of 'doctoring' with makeup??

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]I found a post at Google groups that quotes a London Telegraph article on the subject:
    [/font]

London Telegraph Jan 13, 1997:
    JonBenet will make one last public appearance, in a paid-for photograph
    on the cover of [font=Arial, Helvetica]Babette's Pageant and Talent Gazette [/font]Publishers had
    contacted the family thinking they would wish to have the picture
    withdrawn. They do not."
    http://groups.google.ca/groups?q="B...hl=en&lr=&selm=332E54B8.7262@charm.net&rnum=1

</pre> [font=Arial, Helvetica]This magazine is not registered at the Copyright office and I can only find 6 unique links that talk about it, I do know that it was a quarterly mag that was created in Peachtree City, GA....

[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica]
    [/font]

3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

4. Elle

Elle Member

Sorry, Sue, these posts don't match for me. The one with the curved neck looks odd. I can't agree. I would need to see both posts photographed together. :)

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Now, from the light enhanced picture, it looks to me as if there is a article of clothing covering the other bedpost.

6. Elle

Elle Member

JIC,

This was why I posted the ACandyRose site on this new
    section in this thread. Page 3. Patsy Ramsey should have withdrawn this article. This really tells you something about Patsy Ramsey. She okays this article in spite of her daughter's death.

http://www.acandyrose.com/magazines1.htm

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
    "But JonBenet-the 1995 Little Miss Colorado and the reighning America's Little Royal Miss-did inspire jeanlousy. "Several mothers told me that when JonBenet competed, they would take their daughters out of competition because they knew their girls would not win," says Eleanor Von Duyke, who runs the Show Biz USA circut of pageants. And the Ramseys reveled in their daughter's career. Patsy Ramsey regularly had her kindergartner's hair lightened at a beauty salon. Her parents submitted JonBenet's photo for the February issue of 'Babette's Pageants and Talent Gazette,' a popular magazine for contestants' families. After the murder, publisher Buffie Davenport says she contacted the family to make sure they still wanted to the photo to run. They said yes" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    After the murder, Patsy agrees to have JonBenét's photos in the February issue.

Thank you ACR!

7. Elle

Elle Member

I won't be searching any further than the ACR site JIC I can't stand these pageant photos. :-(

8. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Amazing....JonBenet was supposedly, a pedofile's dream in the pageant outfits. Yet the Ramsey's are so enarmored with the pageants they allowed pageant photos of their daughter displayed in a Pageant magazine, after she was murdered for being so alluring to a pedophile intruder.

Ram logic is hard to understand....their priorities are always focused on appearence and image....common sense takes a back seat.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thanks for helping!

So the missing bed-post is not missing or it is a mix-matched set? In some pictures, it does look like a curved post and in later pics, it looks like a match.
    I would love to see other pictures of the bed as it was found that morning and before the crime scene was stripped down.

RR

10. RiverRat

Repost regarding sweater

Please do break out - courtesy of Sue Bennett - your Police Files paperback and turn with me to Page 375. And I quote:

"Patsy said she thought she had worn her so-called Christmas sweater, but said that she might have worn a similar one after viewing photos taken at the Whites dinner party. In the photos of JonBenet's room that John was shown, he is asked to look at one item."

LS: For instance, what is this multicolored....
    JR: Well, I think it's a sweater of Patsy's, but...
    LS: ...Is that a sweater that Patsy normally...
    JR: Well, it looks kind of like one of the sweaters...
    ...I'm pretty sure that's Patsy's sweater.
    LS: Do you remember when the last time was that Patsy wore that or anything?
    JR: No, I really don't.

I don't know how many times I've read that book and didn't catch this. After researching as many of the crime scene photos that I could find - courtesy of Lou Smit - the above photo is the only one with a sweater like Lou described.

RR

11. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Another view of the bed post from the NE-This ones small but if you crop out everything but the picture and then double the size, it's clear that the bed posts match.
    http://www.acandyrose.com/page35.gif

Elle, I was so blown away when I found out that Patsy actually allowed those pics to get published in spite of JonBenet's murder. I can't believe she was stupid enough to claim the pic's were doctored with makeup! It's too bad this Babette Magazine no longer publishes... Does anyone know which photo's were printed?? (*I faintly recall reading something about the polka-stipe dress with hat??)

12. Elle

Elle Member

Now this is the best photo yet, JIC, which does show the left bedpost matching the right one. I cannot figure out what that bend is in Sue's photo. It's driving me round the bend!
    :yow: Thank you again to you and Sue for your efforts.

Thanks to ACR for adding all this new information to her site.
    I think Buffie Davenport, the publisher of Babbette's Pageants was expecting her to cancel it, due to the tragic death of JonBenét. It sure gave me a jolt. Doesn't it prove just how much these pageants meant to Patsy?

13. Elle

Elle Member

There isn't much to this sweater RR for it to have been Patsy's. She wasn't a slim woman by any means. There are a few more pages in the police files relating to this sweater, as she is cross examined by the different detectives.

If this is the sweater which was worn to the White's, it seems to cancel out the "red and black jacket" ...but we won't know for sure, until they release the photos of the White's party, and for some reason or another, they are not releasing them. How on earth were all the other photos released? I know Jameson took photos of 755 15th Street, but that was long after the death of JonBenét.

14. sue

sue Member

One more try.
    The first picture is the one that for sure shows the bedpost (without any bed linens). All I did was made the contrast and lighting brighter. Then I "poured" fuschia into the picture. Because of the darkness of the picture, there are quite a few places that show the same dark brown color. That why the fuschia is showing up across the photo; when you "pour", the color you are pouring just continues as long as the original color is close.

The second photo is the original one that was posted on this thread. I just poured fuschia in the dark area and let it go whereever it was the dark bronw color. You can see a small white highlight in the picture where the "head" of the post caught the light.

I think the posts look so different because of the point of view the picture was taken. The photographer was close to being in front of the post near the sweater. The other post was farther away and was seen partly from the side.

Attached Files:

15. Elle

Elle Member

Well done, Sue. You've lost the bend. :) I use the paintbox for painting scenes, but have never dabbled with it like this. Takes time. JIC's last picture also proved it was a matching post. Like JIC, you do have patience.

16. RiverRat

Christmas 95 photo

From ACR's!

Attached Files:

• 4.gif
      4.gif
      File size:
      8.9 KB
      Views:
    • 18.gif
      18.gif
      File size:
      7.6 KB
      Views:
  17. sue

sue Member

This is a "quick and dirty" fix of the picture of the bed/sweater using Photoshop.
    The fuschia line shows the approximate edge of the bed. According to a website I found with mattress sizes, a standard twin size mattress is 39 inches wide by 75 inches long. That makes the fuschia line show a space about 39 inches (plus a few for th bulk of the bedding and if I didn't quite mark the edges of the mattress). The bright green line would represent around 75 inches (the length of the bed).
    If you compare the length of the green line with the length of the sweater, you can see that the line is about twice the length of the sweater. Comparing the length to the fuschia line, it's almost the same size. This makes a really rough estimate of the sweater being at least 30 and more likely over 36 inches long. I also thought I read that the thing with the Beauty and the Beast on it is a pillow. A standard twin pillow is 30 inches long, so that's another thing you can use to estimate size.
    i don't know how tall JB was (I can't remember where I saw it, but I think I remember around 43 inches tall), but even a 30 inch long sweater would be too long for a 6 year old girl. So, it has to be Patsy's sweater.
    I think it looks so small (another photo illussion) because the length of the sweater is spread out, but it is all bunched up in the width.

Attached Files:

18. Elle

Elle Member

The way it is hanging over the corner, Sue, it's hard to tell. What is the odd black shape hanging over the side of the bed? At first I thought this was a hood. Then I thought the other end may have been a hood one often sees on winter sweaters like that (?).

To me, it doesn't look like a bulky sweater, but there could be more of it underneath. Your approximate measurements
    certainly are more for an adult than a child. I cannot see how Patsy Ramsey could forget wearing a sweater like this, but this is what she said on TV, that when they were asked for their clothing a year later, they could hardly remember what they wore.

Maybe Tom Bennett will help us out and send us a photo from the White's party. :)

19. Elle

Elle Member

I was just thinking Sue, we're spending a great deal of time analyzing this sweater. I think I'll accept this as a lesson in detail. Each photo has this trunk in a different position at the foot of the bed, plus the dark bars on top of the trunk on JIC's photo don't appear on other photos. No! No, Sue. Don't go into the paintbox any more. :) What I need is a CSI kit!

20. RiverRat

Great Work, Sue!

Now I don't feel sooooo bad about this wild goose chase.

If the Sweater Fits - We Must Not Acquit!

RR

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice