Understanding the Ramsey note

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by DocG, Sep 12, 2004.

1. DocG

DocG Banned

You make some interesting points, zman:

"Nothing else? First there is no apparent forced entry into the home."

But there are some signs of a STAGED breakin at the window. Which could have been done by someone with a key who wanted the police to SUSPECT a breakin?

"2- The pineapple and tea on the table suggesting JBR was snacking with someone she knew."

Good point. She'd never have let a stranger feed her anything.

"3- Items (paintbrush, flashlight) from the home left as connections."

Connections to what? What are you suggesting? If the intruder entered with a key, and wanted to set up the Ramseys, then why bother with the basement window staging?

"4-The body is left in the basement. In fact, if it was an attempt to ruin the Ramseys, I'd say it worked out pretty well."

You need to decide which scenario you prefer. A friend of the family with a key who stages a window breakin to make it seem like someone without a key OR A friend of the family attempting to frame the Ramseys.

"Some people think because there was no kidnapping the note had to be a fake. Maybe the "intruder" had a two part plan. If John Ramsey follows the notes instructions the "kidnapper" may just collect the 118,000 and then just tell John to "check the basement." When the police are called the "kidnapper" calls it quits."

Unlikely. Because such a person would need to get results in a hurry. Having the call come tomorrow would give the Ramseys too much time to find the body before delivering any ransom.

"If John went to all the trouble to stage this crime why would he let Patsy call the police? He wouldn't. It would of been the most important part of the plan. Patsy does not seem like the type who can take control away from John."

If he went to all the trouble to stage the crime, why would he want the police called at all? And as far as "letting" her is concerned, if she decided to make that call there's no way he could have prevented her without arousing suspicion. If Patsy feared for her life at that moment, she could well have wanted to call 911 regardless of what John told her to do or not do.

However, you do make some very interesting points that deserve a closer look. Some family "friend" with a key could have taken the pad some days earlier and had some totally out of the loop person pen the note. Entering with a key while the Ramseys were out, he could have hidden himself in the house till they returned. And attempted to stage that basement window breakin to make it look like a breakin by a stranger.

However, why would that person want to let a complete stranger in on his plan? Why not simply print the note using a computer? And if the purpose was to frame the Ramseys, why not come up with a note that looks more like the printing of at least one of them? The fact is, the experts who count have ruled John out and all but ruled Patsy out.

2. Zman

Zman Banned

First let me say that I'm on my second read of the autopsy report on JBR so I'm a little bleary-eyed, but let me respond to a few points.

"3- Items (paintbrush, flashlight) from the home left as connections."

Connections to what? What are you suggesting? If the intruder entered with a key, and wanted to set up the Ramseys, then why bother with the basement window staging?

Well Im just thinking that if your setting up the Ramseys you would want the items used (or at least thought to be used) in the murder to be from inside the house.

But there are some signs of a STAGED breakin at the window. Which could have been done by someone with a key who wanted the police to SUSPECT a breakin?

But John closes the window and supplies a reason as to why this window may have been broken for over a year. Maybe the intruder knew the window was broken and thats how he/she entered or had a key and did not know anything about the window.

Unlikely. Because such a person would need to get results in a hurry. Having the call come tomorrow would give the Ramseys too much time to find the body before delivering any ransom.

I do agree that the such a person would want results in a hurry. I think its completly possible that "tomorrow" meant the 27th, however I don't think it can be considered a fact. I am reminded of late conversations with my wife that go past midnight. One of us will say something like "well lets take care of that tomorrow." Than one of us will look at the clock and laugh and say "well I mean today." And what makes you think they would have ever found the body. JBR was down the basement for 7 hours after the police were called!!

But your theory (DocG) that John R. wrote (or at least dictated) the note led me to start thinking about why someone would want his daughter kidnapped and the police called and then want the "kidnapping gone wrong" covered up. I'll muddy up the water a bit more with my next post.

No single theroy ever seems to make complete sense concerning JBR, but maybe someday if everyone keeps thinking and challenging the possibilities of each theory one that makes complete sense will emerge.

3. DocG

DocG Banned

zman

"Well Im just thinking that if your setting up the Ramseys you would want the items used (or at least thought to be used) in the murder to be from inside the house."

But the flashlight was wiped down, inside and out. If you're setting up the Ramseys, why do that? Wear a glove, bash the girl over the head and leave the flashlight there, complete with strands of her hair and scalp clinging to it -- AND John and/or Patsy's prints all over it.

"But John closes the window and supplies a reason as to why this window may have been broken for over a year. Maybe the intruder knew the window was broken and thats how he/she entered or had a key and did not know anything about the window."

The broken window is only part of the story. There are other suspicious signs left at the window: the suitcase propped against the wall, the disturbance at the window well, the leaves and debris found beneath it. Someone had to have done that. Which strongly suggests staging. On the other hand it seems clear that no one actually went thruogh the window: undisturbed spider web on grate, lack of any disturbance of grime and dust on the sill and frame. John's story about breaking the window earlier is highly suspicious. I doubt he broke it earlier. I think he may well have broken it the night of the murder, as part of a staging effort -- and changed his story when he realized the police were NOT buying his staging.

As far as "tomorrow" is concerned, it definitely meant tomorrow, i.e., the 27th. NO possible question about THAT. No way John could get himself "rested", collect the money from the bank (which wouldn't have opened until 9 at the earliest) and return in time to await a call at 8AM that same day.

My theory does in fact make complete sense. If you wish to dispute that, please by all means point out the flaws so I can respond.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice