Various ponderings, part 2

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Wish I had your talent for analyzing the way you do, Cherokee. It does look as if John is avoiding the truth, as you say. He just doesn't sound natural at all. I hope many others see this too! So glad you're here, Cherokee, to give us your expertise.

2. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Well, I, for one, feel there is quite a bit of truth in DOI. It's a matter of reading-between-the-lines. As far as the missing pages are concerned, I could see where a few of them would have been used to write out their plans. The rest of the pages were probably torn out due to matters unrelated to the crime.

-Tea

I think the confrontation was upstairs, maybe in the kitchen over the pineapple. The fingerprints of Patsy and Burke on that bowl with the pineapple, should have added up to something (?).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  3. Elle

Elle Member

Doesn't it make you want to spit tacks, KK? Great post!

Know what you mean about being busy. I haven't got around to finishing myTom Miller CD either. Completey sidetracked. I don't know how you manage to do all that you do, but a big thank you for all your great posts.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Well, I, for one, feel there is quite a bit of truth in DOI. It's a matter of reading-between-the-lines. As far as the missing pages are concerned, I could see where a few of them would have been used to write out their plans. The rest of the pages were probably torn out due to matters unrelated to the crime.

-Tea
    It's very difficult to weed out the truth when it comes to the Ramseys, Tea. Of course there is a lot of truth in their every day life included in the book, and for me it was an insight into their lives, and I wasn't sorry I bought it. I wanted to know how they ticked. Just my opinion, of course.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Elle. Just gotta' write it down to share once I get ideas, because...it's all we have to keep the truth moving toward the light...or something....

:grouphug:

But next time I get the big idea to use bold and color and quotes in a long post to color code stuff...somebody slap me! Took me two hours to edit, and it's probably STILL not right! :viking:

6. koldkase

Thanks, Tea. Big help they are!

But we did know this guy's name, from one of the books or the press...at one time. I'll keep looking. Or maybe someone else will remember.

7. koldkase

Yeah, notice how McClean wanted credit for co-writing the piece. And she probably did a lot of editing for Patsy, if she worked with her on it.

But looking at this now, I think Patsy's teachers and old high school friends and family must all have been very proud of her. She was their claim to fame, so to speak. They all wanted that association. I bet her feet barely touched ground that year.

So it's easy to imagine Patsy looking at her very own claim to future fame, the next generation, lying there, head bashed in, molested by...someone...and thinking WHAT WILL THEY ALL THINK OF ME NOW?

Oh, yeah, she got an idea and she implemented it fast, IMO. She might not be able to undo the crime and restore her life to its social climbing best, but she darn sure could play it for all the sympathy in the world instead of a prison sentence.

8. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

There's the diva we know and love!! (Please note the linguistic distancing with the use of "we" as I don't wish to imply favouritism on my part...)

Sterling posts pet...well all of you actually...

I just want to say that I wanted to squish Larry King's face when I saw his interview. He NEVER let Patsy finish a single sentence...heck..he never lets ANYONE finish a sentence without interrupting with his inane questions and it drove me bonkers. I'm with you...I would have loved to have heard Patsy actually finish a sentence and dig herself deeper, but she was constantly interrupted by LK or John who was terrified of her uttering anything. It was one of the most frustrating interviews to sit and watch.

Ha Ha Moab...I just saw the subtitle under my hat....I think that should be steroods don't you?? LOL!

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

All taken care of skippy!

10. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Sorry I forgot to comment on this last night. I honestly don't think Patsy hauled off on JonBenet regarding the pineapple, Elle. If she did, then the pineapple would have been found in her stomach, and not further along in the proximal part of her small intestine.

-Tea

11. Elle

Elle Member

So, Larry King finally did sock it to them, KK, with this one. and Ramsey stated they didn't set any conditions. All the lawyer's doing. I wish LK had kept socking it to him. Can't you just see John Ramsey's face as he comes away with " but this is pettiness" ?

I did see him on TV one time. It may have been Katey Kouric (another double K :) ) and he was talking about how people thought he wasn't angry enough, and punched his hand weakly into the palm of his other hand. He would have got the same reaction using a cold fish. Ech!

12. Elle

Elle Member

I just received the following in my e-mail box, and clicking on the url brought me right here, but I don't see KK's post so I've copied it.

I don't have the time to check it out, right now, but this was the way I was looking at it too. Same as KK.

13. koldkase

I'm not going to beat LK up anymore than I have. He took a lot of flak over the years about how he treated the Rams so nice. Of course, we all wanted him to grill them hard, like...you know...LE should have. But one thing about LK is that he's nice, so people like the Rams actually will GO on his show. Because LK is so nice to his guests, we have a treasure of Ram lies, RST talking points, BS, and all kinds of priceless stuff, like when Thomas and the Rams confronted each other on LK's show.

So...no, it's not perfect. But at LEAST LK isn't a professional detective, whose responsibility is to do the best job interviewing suspected child killers. What REALLY sent me into spasms of frustration was seeing/reading the Rams being interviewed by Haney and Smit in '98! Now THAT was shocking! I swear, if Haney would have just ASKED THE DARN QUESTION AND LET PATSY ANSWER IT, he would have gotten somewhere! But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Haney could NOT quit asking the question! Patsy would try to answer...and HANEY WOULD INTERRUPT HER! And keep talking and talking...and Patsy would TRY to answer...AND HANEY WOULD INTERRUPT HER!

Believe me when I say, I sincerely believe he MEANT to make SURE Patsy wasn't going to tell them ANYTHING that might cause an actual indictment or trial! He was working for the DA, after all!

So...now you know why I get so crazy when I see Patsy trying to ANSWER THE QUESTION and...MEN KEEP INTERRUPTING HER!

sigh

:dammit:

14. koldkase

You know...now that I've mentioned it...seems like MEN were the ones who REALLY DIDN'T WANT PATSY TO TALK, doesn't it?

John
    Hunter
    Smit
    Haney
    Haddon's lawyers
    Haddon's detectives
    Wood

Amazing, when you think about it. Patsy got away with murder because the MEN wanted her to....

Oh...what a clever old beauty queen she is....

15. Elle

Elle Member

When it comes to Larry King, KK, I get too irritated with him, because he doesn't stick with the more demanding questions. John Ramsey closed Larry's question for him. when he was becoming too brave.

Steve Thomas was also interrupted during one of Patsy's weakest points during her interview. Just as he was about to allow an opening by suggesting:

Very frustrating KK!

16. koldkase

Absolutely, Elle. That's why it seems to me Hunter and his gang NEVAH EVAH wanted Patsy to answer those hard questions.

I've said it before: Hunter knows what happened, and he knew very early he would NEVER take this case to trial, IMO. So he set about tanking it all the way, hiring Kane AFTER the governor FORCED HIM TO BRING IN A SPECIAL PROSECUTOR, trying to look like he actually was just being cautious, when he was really being evasive, KNOWING IT WAS HIS AND ONLY HIS DECISION TO INDICT AND BRING THE CASE TO TRIAL, IMO.

But for Thomas writing his book and blowing the whistle on Hunter, we wouldn't even know what went wrong in this case. Oh, when Thomas was on LKL with Hunter, Hunter fairly foamed at the mouth. Right up until Thomas, in his straight-shooting professional manner, put Hunter's slights of Thomas as a "rookie detective" in perspective, asking Hunter how many murder cases HE'D TRIED? Hunter wouldn't answer! So Thomas said ZERO. HA! Brilliant, Steve. You could see the air deflate out of Hunter's ego. hehehe Love that Thomas!

It was a no brainer for Hunter, IMO. He wasn't going to try a case of child sex abuse and murder by elite parents in Boulder, against Haddon, the dirtiest, lowest wallowing pig lawyer in the state. No way. No how.

It was over before the evidence even came back from the lab.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, KK. I think you're right about this, where Hunter is concerned. It sure looks like a planned effort all round.

Don't we all love Steve Thomas, young and old alike! :) I wish I had seen this KK, Steve deflating Alex Hunter. I must check and see if the video is available. We do have a lot to thank Steve Thomas for, filling in the blanks in this case.

I hated seeing the Ramseys being granted a settlement. I came across this article to refresh my memory on it. I see the figure was undisclosed. I feel sorry for Steve Thomas losing this. Do you feel he had the best of lawyers KK?

http://www.courttv.com/archive/news/2002/0320/ramsey_ap.html

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=484 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=contenthead>Ramseys settle $80 million suit against publisher <!--headline--></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2><!--photo table goes here --><!--if no photo--> <!--photo table goes here --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=text width=349><!---- BYLINE GOES BELOW ----><!---- BYLINE GOES ABOVE ---->

<!---- Body GOES Below ---->BOULDER, Colo. - An ex-detective who wrote a book accusing John and Patsy Ramsey of killing their daughter will pay the couple an undisclosed sum to settle their $80 million libel lawsuit. Former police detective Steve Thomas, co-author Don Davis and publisher St. Martin's Press are participating in the settlement, Ramsey attorney L. Lin Wood said Tuesday. He would not say how the three will divide the payment.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

18. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I basically agree with the premise of this, koldkase, however I think there was something else that Patsy feared on a more personal level.

-Tea

19. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Not only that, but notice how he used "morning" instead of "afternoon". If this was all legit, John Ramsey would have responded "The next time I saw JonBenet was when I found her in the wine cellar later that afternoon".

Maybe another way of looking at this is that the "they" are Fleet White and John Ramsey, yet he refers to himself in the third person (distancing).

Cool find, Elle! :)

-Tea

20. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks Tea. We keep bumping into the Ramsey's contradicting themselves everywhere we go. You just found another one! We know there are many more out there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice